PDA

View Full Version : Early take on the Belmont

cj
06-03-2003, 12:00 AM
Only six will take on Funny Cide. Looking at the entries, here is how I see things unfolding. Scrimshaw will take the early lead and set a slow pace for about a mile, with Funny Cide sitting behind him anxious to take over. Scrimshaw will pack it in after a mile because he just isn't very good, and Funny Cide will inherit a big lead pretty quickly. Seeing as the pace will be slow, I just don't see him being caught. Hopefully its not my heart seeing it this way. Great race to watch, and I doubt I'll have a single dollar bet on it. How many races a year can you say that about?

CJ

Tee
06-03-2003, 01:57 AM
I didn't think Commendable was very good, but that didn't stop him from winning the Belmont. Depending on how slow the pace is Scrimshaw could get very brave if he does inherit the lead going easy.

That being said I'm most likely not playing the race either, there will be plenty more opportunities for wagering this weekend.

Tee
06-03-2003, 02:12 AM
Side note;

Commendable didn't have a derby/preakness winner chasing him all the way around the track either. His main rival(s) were stone closers that made his job much easier.

Zaf
06-03-2003, 07:25 PM
CJ ,

I hope you are right .

I am not betting either. Just Rooting !

GO FUNNY CIDE !!!

ZAFONIC

swede@TheFinalTurn
06-04-2003, 09:04 AM
that I'll just be watching. Everything points to a Funny Cide romp. As long as the clock is right in Santos' head, I can't see anyone stepping up and beating Funny Cide.

Skanoochies
06-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I agree. I just want to sit back and cheer for Funny Cide and all the New york fans. They deserve a triple crown IMO. New York bred, gelding, owners that don`t have ultra millions, What a great story.

Good luck Funny Cide, Good luck New York,

from the west coast,
Skanoochies.:) :) :) :) :) :)

Valuist
06-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Seems like quite a few Belmont winners have won by laying 2nd (Bet Twice, Risen Star, Commendable among others) but I think it will be Funny Cide and Empire Maker who are the pace setters. Frankel has already said he'd go after Cide early on.

Skanoochies
06-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Valuist I agree. I believe F.C. shoots for the lead and its " If you want to beat me come and get me." And knowing Frankels feeling about losing the derby, thats exactly what he`ll try to do.

Good luck Saturday, Skanoochies.:D