PDA

View Full Version : Result Charts (free)

sligg
06-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Other than Equibase and DRF is there another website that has the result charts going back to the start of the meet and gives the closing odds?

Equibase: goes back only 5 days.
DRF: does not give closing odds.

cj
06-02-2003, 11:54 PM
BRIS instant charts goes back 2 weeks I think, and has the info for which you are looking...here is the link.

Bris Instant Charts (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inc)

CJ

GameTheory
06-03-2003, 03:41 AM
You can always pay for the old charts. Websites for certain tracks will sometimes keep the charts for the whole meet up, although less & less. Most of them just link to Equibase now...

andicap
06-03-2003, 09:23 AM
nyra goes back months and months. www.nyra.com

kgonzales
06-03-2003, 01:33 PM
bris has archived HTML charts going back at least a year if not longer. They are free also.

GameTheory
06-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by kgonzales
bris has archived HTML charts going back at least a year if not longer. They are free also.

They aren't free, unless you're on the $100 minimum "Gold" plan...

kgonzales
06-03-2003, 02:08 PM
oops. sorry 'bout that.

BillW
06-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by kgonzales
oops. sorry 'bout that.

kgonzales,

You're not totally losing your mind. They were free up till about a few months ago. I guess they found there was a market for them.

Bill

jotb
06-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by sligg
Other than Equibase and DRF is there another website that has the result charts going back to the start of the meet and gives the closing odds?

Equibase: goes back only 5 days.
DRF: does not give closing odds.

Hello:

I believe you can purchase results from Handicapper's data mine or Simo weekly from DRF. If you need results from 3 year's back, I could help...Just ask!

jotb

jotb
06-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by jotb
Hello:

I believe you can purchase results from Handicapper's data mine or Simo weekly from DRF. If you need results from 3 year's back, I could help...Just ask!

jotb

Sorry but I made a mistake. That is HANDICAPPER'S DATA WAREHOUSE noT DATA MINE. Simo weekly can be helful if you purchase through DRF or the newstand. I have 3 year's of race results from all around the country. Please feel free to contact me if you neeed any result information.

Thank you,
Joe

GameTheory
06-04-2003, 02:46 AM
You can get charts going back to 1999 from Equibase for a small fee ($15 for as many as you can download in a month -- they don't make downloading a lot very easy though.) Bris & TSN now have archives going back to 1991 online. If you are on the Gold plan I think they're free, otherwise $.25 each (silver plan), or $.50 each (no plan).

Valuist
06-04-2003, 10:32 AM
The Simulcast Weekly charts go for $4 a week. All the major tracks full charts are shown; the smaller tracks have a smaller section, w/winner, final and fractional time, trainer, etc. Definitely worth the $4.

Marc At DRF
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Our PDF charts, which are free, do contain final odds on all horses, but only go back 5 days.

We're looking at full-card PDF charts (right now you have to pull them up one by one, which is kind of annoying) this fall, btw.

And we'll probably start selling comma delimited charts as part of Formulator 4.0, which is being delayed until Jan 1, 2003.

Some of the chart functionality in the new Formulator is pretty mindblowing stuff. Can't really say more now, but it's unlike anything else out there, as a research tool.

Milleruszk
06-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Marc,

Can't wait for those charts! Should make it much easier to keep the PP and the charts together. Also being able to download an entire PDF card at a time would definately be a plus. Good news on another rainy night in NJ.

Tom

Alan Wight
01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Anyone know what became of DRF's plans for full card PDF's and comma delimited charts? Or for that matter an online Simulcast Weekly?

We're looking at full-card PDF charts (right now you have to pull them up one by one, which is kind of annoying) this fall, btw.

And we'll probably start selling comma delimited charts as part of Formulator 4.0, which is being delayed until Jan 1, 2003.

Doc
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Two things - the first for Marc at DRF:

Marc, any way you could start putting Philly Park charts in Charts Weekly? I'm sure there would be a market for it...lots of people I know play Philly on a regular basis, including myself.

As far as free archived charts, on Monmouth Park's website you can access free archived charts (just for Monmouth) going back several years. I've been tapping into the charts for the recently-concluded meet on a regular basis lately. On Monmouth's home page, click on "Racing," then "Full Charts." For older stuff, click on "Archives." :ThmbUp:

Doc

toetoe
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Doc,

If you love Pha., by all means play it. However, if you can make money playing exotics, yewadaman! 30% takeout !!!! :eek: :( :mad: :ThmbDown:

Tom
01-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone know what became of DRF's plans for full card PDF's and comma delimited charts? Or for that matter an online Simulcast Weekly?

They will be out right after they release their pace figures.....I think it was right after the Preakness.....02?03? :rolleyes:

toetoe
01-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Doc,

Philadelphia Park's pick-three is raked at "only" 26% (no pick-four period). Over at the Maryland tracks, the pick-three is at 25.75%, frightfully high, but the pick-four is at 14% (!!!!). Assuming a sufficiently large pool, why would anyone not just wait for the pick-four and/or pass the exotics? Oh, yeah, we're paying for the entertainment and service. :D

Marc At DRF
01-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Holy cow, that was an old post Alan pulled up! I'd like to see everyone else's worst predictions here from over the years.

Comma (text) charts-- We've held off on those the last few months but they're basically ready. Quote me on this-- first quarter, 2006, they will go on sale.

Full card PDF charts-- I could never get it approved. It's actually shockingly expensive to do. The existing charts on the site (race by race), those are just a reproduction of charts that were being made for our print products. To pull them together into a single item, apparently it's way more expensive than I would have thought, and sorry fellas, I could never make a persuasive case for why we needed to offer this free item...

Philly Park in Simo Weekly: I'll ask, but you may be overrating the size of the market for this sort of thing.

Simo Weekly online: There were considerable struggles converting it to an electronic version; I'll get an update.

Pace figures: Announcement forthcoming on these. We're looking at a more comprehensive pace product that I think you guys might find interesting.

Tom
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Holy cow, that was an old post Alan pulled up! I'd like to see everyone else's worst predictions here from over the years.

Comma (text) charts-- We've held off on those the last few months but they're basically ready. Quote me on this-- first quarter, 2006, they will go on sale.

Full card PDF charts-- I could never get it approved. It's actually shockingly expensive to do. The existing charts on the site (race by race), those are just a reproduction of charts that were being made for our print products. To pull them together into a single item, apparently it's way more expensive than I would have thought, and sorry fellas, I could never make a persuasive case for why we needed to offer this free item...

Philly Park in Simo Weekly: I'll ask, but you may be overrating the size of the market for this sort of thing.

Simo Weekly online: There were considerable struggles converting it to an electronic version; I'll get an update.

Pace figures: Announcement forthcoming on these. We're looking at a more comprehensive pace product that I think you guys might find interesting.

It is now the second quater.....any update on comma charts?
Pace figs - another Preakness is coming up...any word here yet?

Valuist
05-18-2006, 04:40 PM
This thread is so old I got an e-mail alert to my work computer. Haven't gotten one of those in a couple years.