PDA

View Full Version : conservatives vs. liberals

cj's dad
10-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Conservative vs Liberal:

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat
his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as
independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of
government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels..
Liberals demand that those they don’t like be taken off the air.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shoppi ng
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and
is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in
labor and then sues.[/font]

exactaplayer
10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Your opinions are noted. Totally wrong but, noted.

46zilzal
10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Great thinkers know:
“Once you label me, you negate me” Soren Kierkegaard

We are ALL different

cj's dad
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Much like the Messiah, you voted

Present !

Tom
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Great thinkers know:

We are ALL different

Like you labeled anyone in a uniform?

46zilzal
10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Like you labeled anyone in a uniform?
You constantly miss the point: I feel sorry for the way those people are USED and thrown away in EVERY war while the arteriosclerotic ideologues sit back and create conflicts but never pay the price for the results.

Tom
10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
So you do label them, and cops.

boxcar
10-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Great thinkers know:

We are ALL different

So, you own no label, do you? Does this mean that you believe in everything and, therefore, nothing? Thanks for confirming for us that you really are an empty suit.

Boxcar

boxcar
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM

Explain to us how they're wrong.

Boxcar

jballscalls
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Conservative vs Liberal:

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat
his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as
independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of
government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels..
Liberals demand that those they don’t like be taken off the air.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shoppi ng
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and
is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in
labor and then sues.[/font]

This was over at Derby Trail a couple weeks ago. It really should be titled "Why i think conservatives are better than liberals"

It's kind of funny, but screwy also because there are people who believe thats how other people really think. plus it's just based on stereotypes.

1. i know tons of liberals, none of them want to ban your precious guns
2. nobody wants to ban eating meat, my two roomates are huge liberals and vegetarians, and they never have a problem when i cook a nice ribeye in the kitchen.
3. liberals are for peace and discourse rather than war.
4. this one is funny, because many public conservative homosexuals or people with homosexual experience, larry craig, rush and others were caught sneaking around and doing stuff instead of just being proud of who they are and their sexuality.
5. I know plenty of blacks and hispanics, work with alot of them at the track, and don't recall any of them thinking they are victims and don't see them asking for gov't money. this might be the most ignorant statement on the list.
6. this one is just stupid
7 and 8: these ones are actually pretty true.
9. we've discussed health care ad nauseum. most lib's that are for gov't healthcare, already have insurance, they just think it's a messed up system.
10. this one doesn't even make sense. it should just read "liberals are pussies and conservatives are tough and honest and good"

i know it's all for jokes, but there are really crazy divisive people that believe that all the other side is like this. this goes for both sides. many liberals think conservatives are all god freaks that hate every minority. I think we're all a lot more alike than we think we are. we all just want good lives for ourselves, our families, our friends, and our fellow countrymen. It's how we get to that point that we disagree, and it's what is tearing us down, divisiveness.

Tom
10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
#6 is dead on right.
That is all we hear about.

#10, ok, you talked us into it - we will adopt that version for #10. Thanks.:lol:

exactaplayer
10-21-2009, 11:11 AM
This was over at Derby Trail a couple weeks ago. It really should be titled "Why i think conservatives are better than liberals"

It's kind of funny, but screwy also because there are people who believe thats how other people really think. plus it's just based on stereotypes.

1. i know tons of liberals, none of them want to ban your precious guns
2. nobody wants to ban eating meat, my two roomates are huge liberals and vegetarians, and they never have a problem when i cook a nice ribeye in the kitchen.
3. liberals are for peace and discourse rather than war.
4. this one is funny, because many public conservative homosexuals or people with homosexual experience, larry craig, rush and others were caught sneaking around and doing stuff instead of just being proud of who they are and their sexuality.
5. I know plenty of blacks and hispanics, work with alot of them at the track, and don't recall any of them thinking they are victims and don't see them asking for gov't money. this might be the most ignorant statement on the list.
6. this one is just stupid
7 and 8: these ones are actually pretty true.
9. we've discussed health care ad nauseum. most lib's that are for gov't healthcare, already have insurance, they just think it's a messed up system.
10. this one doesn't even make sense. it should just read "liberals are pussies and conservatives are tough and honest and good"

i know it's all for jokes, but there are really crazy divisive people that believe that all the other side is like this. this goes for both sides. many liberals think conservatives are all god freaks that hate every minority. I think we're all a lot more alike than we think we are. we all just want good lives for ourselves, our families, our friends, and our fellow countrymen. It's how we get to that point that we disagree, and it's what is tearing us down, divisiveness.
This pretty much would be my reply to boxcar. I did not want to take the time to go through each point.
Do not agree that 7 and 8 are true. Remember the big fuss and demonstration and call to cbs to remove Dave Letterman ?
I believe religion has a place in our world but not in our politics. Terri Schaivo comes to mind. And the religious schools in Arizona getting tax dollars while shipping the students out to a charter school for their education.
Number 6 is also false. The folks I know of both views try to help themselves. They are of course restricted by gov't policies that reward wall street gambling while restricting main street.

Quagmire
10-21-2009, 11:25 AM

When did this happen?

jballscalls
10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
guy named Elliot Sanders from Missouri claims they had an affair.

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=419

probably just a guy after a news story. i should have put alleged homosexual experiences. apologies

Tom
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
When did this happen?

Dittos!

Rush gay???????

Quagmire
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Dittos!

Rush gay???????

Who knows.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090304031323AABg92k

jballscalls
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Who knows.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090304031323AABg92k

some great answers on there huh LOL what a bunch of numbskulls

ddog
10-21-2009, 01:02 PM
guy named Elliot Sanders from Missouri claims they had an affair.

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=419

probably just a guy after a news story. i should have put alleged homosexual experiences. apologies

Not that it matters, but ya had it correct.

Out here in flyover country we know what went on back in the day.
He was entitled to his preferences just like anyone else.

No big deal.

jballscalls
10-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Not that it matters, but ya had it correct.

Out here in flyover country we know what went on back in the day.
He was entitled to his preferences just like anyone else.

No big deal.

exactly, i think people would judge him more so than most because of his politics and what most people think his views on gays are, but if he was gay, so be it, no big deal.

dartman51
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
You constantly miss the point: I feel sorry for the way those people are USED and thrown away in EVERY war while the arteriosclerotic ideologues sit back and create conflicts but never pay the price for the results.

Just curious, what has hardening of the arteries,or heart disease, got to do with this statement?? Or do you just like throwing around $3 words, to impress people, or is to make you FEEL smarter?? :confused:

46zilzal
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Just curious, what has hardening of the arteries, got to do with this statement?? Or do you just like throwing around $3 words, to impress people, or is to make you FEEL smarter?? :confused:
In my vocabulary, honed by years of writing medical reports and histories, ATHEROSCLEROSIS is a 10 cent word..

maybe prestidigitation, heteroclite, petrichor, anitpodal, tyro, mortmain, otiose or a hundred others are not in one's usable vocabulary either but there is always a dictionary around for most of us to use.

Since cerebral atherosclerosis usually harms upper thought processes in the elderly and it is usually some elder statesman who prompts for war since HE will never have to fight it, the use of that term seemed germane.

rastajenk
10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
:D

Tom
10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
How many more years until the punctuation is honed? :D

skate
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
the basics seem right on, while the exceptions prove the point:cool:

boxcar
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
This pretty much would be my reply to boxcar. I did not want to take the time to go through each point.

Good thing you didn't waste your time because you would have been dead wrong, anyway. The fact of the matter is that the list essentially and substantially applies to the vast majority of liberal POLITICIANS. That's for openers.

Now here's the closer: Blind sheeple like yourself, who would want to quickly distance themselves from such "stereotypical" lists, would be the first to vote for the nutjobs above for whom the list applies first and foremost.

Any questions?

Boxcar

skate
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh oh no, i see zilly misspells a few, so as we think he's not using...dick tionary;)

dartman51
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
In my vocabulary, honed by years of writing medical reports and histories, ATHEROSCLEROSIS is a 10 cent word..

maybe prestidigitation, heteroclite, petrichor, anitpodal, tyro, mortmain, otiose or a hundred others are not in one's usable vocabulary either but there is always a dictionary around for most of us to use.

Since cerebral atherosclerosis usually harms upper thought processes in the elderly and it is usually some elder statesman who prompts for war since HE will never have to fight it, the use of that term seemed germane.

vocabulary....scratched out of the 9th at HAW.

prestidigitation...running in the 8th at HAW.

Might want to get your bet down. ;)

JustRalph
10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
In my vocabulary........ A Dick head is still a Dick head

46zilzal
10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
In my vocabulary........ A Dick head is still a Dick head
so very true

skate
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Ahhh, my man and with a smile no less:)

jballscalls
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Good thing you didn't waste your time because you would have been dead wrong, anyway. The fact of the matter is that the list essentially and substantially applies to the vast majority of liberal POLITICIANS. That's for openers.

Now here's the closer: Blind sheeple like yourself, who would want to quickly distance themselves from such "stereotypical" lists, would be the first to vote for the nutjobs above for whom the list applies first and foremost.

Any questions?

Boxcar

actually he wouldn't have been wrong at all. he'd have been right on the money, according to him and his life experiences, just as my answers were 100% correct for me and my experiences in this country.

You however, i think are dead wrong on this topic just as you think we are. funny how when it comes to opinions, nobody is wrong. and since the list certianly isn't of fact, it must be of opinion.