PDA

View Full Version : Attention Marc at DRF

so.cal.fan
06-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Or any staff member reading the board.......
In Hollywood Park pp's for Wednesday, June 4th....race 6.....
Divine Spirit.....you have a workout listed for May 14th at Santa Anita......this horse ran in the 5th race at Bay Meadows the same day........this has to be an error?
If it is an error, you may want to contact HP and have them correct it on the program.
Thanks.

GameTheory
06-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Equibase did list a 4f work for Divine Spirit at SA on the 14th, so that is the source of the error, unless of course he worked in the morning and then was transported up north to be in a race at 3:00 pm. Doubtful!

so.cal.fan
06-02-2003, 02:18 PM
No, he didn't work and ship up......not even possible. I asked a trainer at Santa Anita about it yesterday and was told.....just one of many errors on works.........which was really bad news to me.
I was thinking So. Cal has the best possible work information in the country.....perhaps they do......if so........it is GRIM for us handicappers.

Zaf
06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
I am at the point where I am almost ignoring work outs.

ZAFONIC

Show Me the Wire
06-02-2003, 09:19 PM
The wrong name had to be given to the assistant clocker at the gap, may have been an innocent mistake or not so innocent. The assistant clocker at the gate does not check tatoos, just relies on the information given prior to he work by the trainer, assistant trainer, or exercise rider relating to the name of the worker and how long the work will be.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

spotwinshow
06-02-2003, 11:26 PM
I am getting more and more into workout info! Can anyone tell me on 3f and 4f works who determines where on the track the horses work?
Also, BM had 6 work the same distance from the gate with a big rail bias 2nd turn and stretch. 3 horses had slow times exactly the same, and 3 had faster times exactly the same! I assume each set of 3 worked different times and wondering if the gate was moved during that morning. Thanks!

TonyK@HSH
06-03-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by spotwinshow
I am getting more and more into workout info! Can anyone tell me on 3f and 4f works who determines where on the track the horses work?
Also, BM had 6 work the same distance from the gate with a big rail bias 2nd turn and stretch. 3 horses had slow times exactly the same, and 3 had faster times exactly the same! I assume each set of 3 worked different times and wondering if the gate was moved during that morning. Thanks!

I can't speak for all tracks but typically it's the trainer who decides where a work begins and ends. It's not unusual for a 3f work to begin at the 1/4 pole and go to the 7/8 pole at a mile oval. The large majority of this work is run down the stretch in a relative straight path. The clockers have a tough job of trying to watch different horses breaking off a different positions and finishing at different spots on the track.
As far as gate works go, the gate does not usually move. It's typically placed in a chute so it doesn't disturb the training of others horses on the track,

Hope this helps

Tony

so.cal.fan
06-05-2003, 10:45 AM
This horse won the sixth race on Wednesday.
Obviously the work on the same day he ran at Bay Meadows was in error.....they never corrected it.
It diminishes my confidence in the accuracy of So. Cal. works.