PDA

View Full Version : For SoCalFan

Bruddah
06-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the information. It's as I suspected. What a shame! I knew if anyone would tell me the truth and point me in the right direction, it would be you. I owe you. Best Regards

so.cal.fan
06-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks, Bruddah

Now there is one thing you can do for us all here at Hollywood Park......SEND BACK MICHAEL WRONA...........!!!!!!!!
Best racecaller in America........;)

Hosshead
06-02-2003, 07:22 AM
So.Cal Fan.

Couldn't agree with you more about the caller at Hollypark.
Has he gotten any better? I quit watching the Hollypark
replay shows. At the time, he (Vic) just didn't "get it". He's supposed to call the races so the fan can "follow" the horses through the field.- When I was watching the replay show a couple years ago,
he didn't understand this.

He would get about a third of the way through the field, then go back to the leader (when another horse had taken over the lead)
And then say who the new leader was,-then go back to the middle of the pack and try to pick up where he had left off,-
then "try" to call the rest of the horses, till he had finally got to the last horse. He had everything so messed up, that by the time they turned for home, I just wanted him to shut the f**k
up !! He had this thing, that if two horses were running neck and neck for the lead (early in the race), and he called horse A, as the
leader, if Horse B took over the lead a few strides later, he
would stop the call, IN MID PACK, go back to the leaders, re-call
who the new leader was, then try to go back to Mid Pack, pick it up there, and finish the field. He thought,-- that if a different pacesetter had taken over the lead before he could call the rest of the field, that he would re-call the pacesetter again, then somehow jump into the middle of the pack, (where by now, the order had changed).

I would rather hear Norm Crosby Call A Race !!!!

But then having lived in Sierra Madre for 30 years, and only 1 1/16
miles from Santa Anita, I got spoiled with Trevor Denman
getting it right.

Hosshead
06-02-2003, 10:12 AM
P.S. Vic seemed like a nice guy, and I saw a him interview a few
people, -did a good job. Has a good voice. I would rather see
him as an interviewer. His calling is not in "calling".

Bruddah
06-02-2003, 12:21 PM
If I could get him to sit still long enough to put stamps on him, I would snail mail him to you. His nasal twang is like chalk skipping across a black board, as far as I am concerned. He gets on my last nerve. But, that's what makes a hoss race.:D :) :D

so.cal.fan
06-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Are you following the races there at Lone Star, Bruddah?
I watched the video feed from their website last Friday night and it was great.
I would really like to go there. Nice race cards and looks like they have a great little paddock there. My kind of place.
I'm sorry to see their handle is down......but I guess it is everywhere.......
It seems too bad they don't have an infield there.....I think it would go over really well.

As for Wrona: I keep telling you Bruddah, get over it- and just pay attention to his COMMENTS on the HORSES.......He gives useful information!
In fact Lone Star has a link to get replays.......I'm going to watch and listen to them........I'm sure I'll pick up some good tips.
If you just absolutely can't stand him, Bruddah.......give up good racing for so-so.......and tune into Hollywood Park! We have Vic Stauffer........entertaining guy! LOL

Bruddah
06-02-2003, 07:30 PM
and I certainly value your friendship but I can't get over it! He drives me insane because I can not understand him. What use is all the valuable information if you can't disseminate what the man says. Heck, the race is over and I have to go to the ticket window at the OTB or get results somewhere else if I'm playing at home.

I refuse to be politically correct on this race caller.:) ;) :)

so.cal.fan
06-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Now, I heard that Michael Wrona is a Conservative who would never take a job at Oaklawn, due to the fact that Hot Springs, Ark. is the home of Bill Clinton.
If this is true, Bruddah.......you should not only welcome his calls, but you should also buy him a beer!
All this talk of announcers........I just had a thought:
perhaps there should be NO ANNOUNCER and we would all watch races and tapes closer and probably PICK MORE WINNERS!!!!!
;)

Bruddah
06-07-2003, 07:48 PM
you have made me feel better on two counts. First...to know he would never take the announcing job at my favorite track...Second...He, like myself, is an evaluator par excellance of Political Slime Balls and yes I would by him a beer. I would need to order so the waitress could understand.:) ;) :)

so.cal.fan
06-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Vic Stauffer gave a seminar today and gave out 9 losers.
At least Wrona doesn't tout!

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 10:55 PM
I spent Friday night in the Turf Club at Hollywood.......

Very Nice...... Rode up the elevator with a couple of TV types and had a very nice time. The wife and I were very impressed. You guys know how to do it at HOL. Seemed a little light in attendance, but that didn't bother me at all.

so.cal.fan
06-08-2003, 11:55 AM
JR
Glad you had a good time.....keep coming out, we need the buisness!
If you rode up in the elevator, you must have met our beloved
Gail McNeil......Elevator Gail.......they even named a horse after her.
One of the nicest ladies you will ever meet on the racetrack!
Don't listen to her "tips", this comes straight from her husband!
LOL