PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Nation

bigmack
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Buchanan's column:

...In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates.

They watch on cable TV as illegal aliens walk into their country, are rewarded with free educations and health care and take jobs at lower pay than American families can live on – then carry Mexican flags in American cities and demand U.S. citizenship.

They see Wall Street banks bailed out as they sweat their next paycheck, then read that bank profits are soaring, and the big bonuses for the brilliant bankers are back. Neither they nor their kids ever benefited from affirmative action, unlike Barack and Michelle Obama.

They see a government in Washington that cannot balance its books, win our wars or protect our borders. The government shovels out trillions to Fortune 500 corporations and banks to rescue the country from a crisis created by the government and Fortune 500 corporations and banks.

America was once their country. They sense they are losing it. And they are right.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113463

ddog
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
We sold it, not lost it.

Otherwise, yeah, the very same people that preach free this and that have sold the country into debt slavery at the expense of the many for the benefit of the very very few.

46zilzal
10-20-2009, 02:12 PM
We sold it, not lost it.

Otherwise, yeah, the very same people that preach free this and that have sold the country into debt slavery at the expense of the many for the benefit of the very very few.
Correct

Tom
10-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Yes, the dems.

DJofSD
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh, I'd say the stink rises from both sides of the aisle.

Started with Nixon and will likely end with Obamo-Mao.

Hank
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Buchanan's column:

...In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates.

They watch on cable TV as illegal aliens walk into their country, are rewarded with free educations and health care and take jobs at lower pay than American families can live on – then carry Mexican flags in American cities and demand U.S. citizenship.

They see Wall Street banks bailed out as they sweat their next paycheck, then read that bank profits are soaring, and the big bonuses for the brilliant bankers are back. Neither they nor their kids ever benefited from affirmative action, unlike Barack and Michelle Obama.

They see a government in Washington that cannot balance its books, win our wars or protect our borders. The government shovels out trillions to Fortune 500 corporations and banks to rescue the country from a crisis created by the government and Fortune 500 corporations and banks.

America was once their country. They sense they are losing it. And they are right.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113463

What a stunning dichotomy, The founding fathers,Mexicans picking fruit to feed their families,and billionaire bankers,get equal billing as bad guys in the victimization of poor 'white America'.:ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2009, 11:53 PM
What a stunning dichotomy, The founding fathers,Mexicans picking fruit to feed their families,and billionaire bankers,get equal billing as bad guys in the victimization of poor 'white America'.:ThmbDown:Awww shucks...another liberal raising the race card...so predictable

mostpost
10-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Awww shucks...another liberal raising the race card...so predictable
Try reading the whole thread. The race card was played byPat Buchanan

riskman
10-21-2009, 01:12 AM
The American dream is on life support. Was it P.T. Barnum who said " there is a sucker born every minute". American taxpayers might want to take a look in the mirror.

The public has been turned into sheep. It will take a lot more government abuse, private sector abuse, health insurance abuse, and unemployment to wake the public into action. And still, most people will moan and groan about problems, expecting Obama to rescue them with solutions and actions against everything that ails them.

We're a government of the bankers, by the bankers, and for the bankers now...not the people...

DJofSD
10-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Ya, right. Pointing out a fact is now considered racisim.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2009, 02:47 AM
.It was? Where?

What country is responsible for most of the illegal immigration into the U.S.?

Where exactly did Mr. Buchanan talk about "white America" in his piece?

lamboguy
10-21-2009, 04:34 AM
It was? Where?

Where exactly did Mr. Buchanan talk about "white America" in his piece?the thing about buchanan is he is pretty blunt, he says what he means. when he talks about america first, goldman sachs, and new york lawyers you know exactly 100% where his head is at. of course he was saying those things when he was running against senior bush. he actually won new hampshire against him, at that time it was the most conservetive state before they got infiltrated by the new massachusetts liberal's.
in any event whether he states his racist view's or not, he is pretty spot on with what is going on around him. i don't think he is to happy these days!!

lamboguy
10-21-2009, 04:57 AM
when breaking down the last quarterly report you will find that GS made $11 billion. out of that total amount $1 billion was made in their main business the financial service devision. the other $10 billion came from their trading desk. i have never seen better traders in my life, and i have met up with some very good ones. i wish that i was half as good as them trading the e-mini contracts as them.

of course they made all this money in an up market, i suspect they will make even more now when the market comes down. it certainly looks like they are running out of investors to suck in on the long side of things, so now it heads downtown.

that will be good for the government because they will collect more tax revenues while the public gets cleaned out.

Tom
10-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Libs do no handle truth very well.
It pisses them off when reality contradicts their dreams.

DJofSD
10-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Yep. Just like Jamie on Mythbusters, they reject reality and substitute their own. And then they get p*ssed when it is pointed out to them.

NJ Stinks
10-21-2009, 09:50 AM

The reality is the White House has been monopolized by Republicans ever since I was born in 1950. Here's the latest factual count:

Dem presidents - 22 years
Repubs - 38 years

So when I read Buchannan's:

"...In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates..."
"

I can't help but wonder what "truth" it is that Dems are not handling well? :confused:
Talk about being in denial.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't piss you off that reality once again contradicts your dreams, Tom. :rolleyes:

BenDiesel26
10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Now do the same thing for the house and senate. You know, the people who write the bills and spend the money.

illinoisbred
10-21-2009, 10:22 AM
The reality is the White House has been monopolized by Republicans ever since I was born in 1950. Here's the latest factual count:

Dem presidents - 22 years
Repubs - 38 years

So when I read Buchannan's:

"...In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates..."
"

I can't help but wonder what "truth" it is that Dems are not handling well? :confused:
Talk about being in denial.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't piss you off that reality once again contradicts your dreams, Tom. :rolleyes:
38 vs. 22 hardly seems like a monoply, but lets quickly review those 22 years 1950-52, Harry Truman, probably best man for the job at that time.1960-63 and 1992-2000, office occupied by 2 blurried -eyed idealists ,both more interested in satisfying their own personal needs , both morally repugnant. 1963-1968, occupied by 1 of the most conniving dishonest, perhaps pathologically lying man in our history. He never saw an election he couldn't steal. 1976-1980 a man so beneath the job we even laughed. Actually a rather mean-spirited man who told us everything was our fault- we suffered a "malaise". What's really clear is the democrats wasted 20 of those 22 years.

lamboguy
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
the job of the republican party has always been to take the most amount of money away from the most amount of people in the shortest amount amount of time. the problem is that the democratic party used to fight this, now they have just joined in on all the fun.

you now have a 2 party system that are both identical, that is comunism

ddog
10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
38 vs. 22 hardly seems like a monoply, but lets quickly review those 22 years 1950-52, Harry Truman, probably best man for the job at that time.1960-63 and 1992-2000, office occupied by 2 blurried -eyed idealists ,both more interested in satisfying their own personal needs , both morally repugnant. 1963-1968, occupied by 1 of the most conniving dishonest, perhaps pathologically lying man in our history. He never saw an election he couldn't steal. 1976-1980 a man so beneath the job we even laughed. Actually a rather mean-spirited man who told us everything was our fault- we suffered a "malaise". What's really clear is the democrats wasted 20 of those 22 years.

"who told us everything was our fault- we suffered a "malaise""

And was correct, who else would you blame other than us?? Bugs Bunny,toothfairy?

Ya see, the first step toward fixing problems is to take ownership of them, not blame others or pass them off as libs always say "the world" did it to us.

You and the types you seem to let off the hook ARE and ALWAYS have been the problem.

We would never have won any war or done anything with your type of "thinking".

Facts indeed.

illinoisbred
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
"who told us everything was our fault- we suffered a "malaise""

And was correct, who else would you blame other than us?? Bugs Bunny,toothfairy?

Ya see, the first step toward fixing problems is to take ownership of them, not blame others or pass them off as libs always say "the world" did it to us.

You and the types you seem to let off the hook ARE and ALWAYS have been the problem.

We would never have won any war or done anything with your type of "thinking".

Facts indeed.
I'm not letting anyone off the hook,there's been plenty of shitty republican years too. As for winning wars, what war have we won since WWII? Speaking personally, I've lived 53 yrs. and hold in high regard just 1 occupant of the White House-Ronald Reagan. Corruption, dishonesty, and pure ineptitude have criss-crossed party lines to the point that neither party has had a monopoly-it's been pretty much a tie!

ddog
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not letting anyone off the hook,there's been plenty of shitty republican years too. As for winning wars, what war have we won since WWII? Speaking personally, I've lived 53 yrs. and hold in high regard just 1 occupant of the White House-Ronald Reagan. Corruption, dishonesty, and pure ineptitude have criss-crossed party lines to the point that neither party has had a monopoly-it's been pretty much a tie!

My point exactly.
What have WE done???

ddog
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
THis kind of stuff needs to lead to action and not with the same clowns and criminals who presided over the previous fraud getting to call the shots as to what should be done.

Burn them all down, overhall the fraud based liar system, bring back sound priniciples or lose it all. That's your choice.

I salute Issa for what he SAYS, NOW comes the road part!!! Can he and others walk the talk?

"Ratigan: "The bank CEO knows what going on, the bank CEO knows it's ok for you to take a trillion worth of risk knowing he only has $50 billion in the basement that is taxpayer sponsored. That is the crime is it not."

Darrell Issa: Directors and officers of a company have a fiduciary obligation to the stockholders and that's what the basis for the SEC settlement was, it's the reason the judge wants to see more disclosure: these people had an obligation to disclose honestly to the stockholders. They appear both not to have disclosed honestly, and then covered up even additional events. Unfortunately they seem to have covered it up with the aid of Secretary Geithner, Secretary Paulson and others, and that's really what we have to get to the bottom of. We can't have government blaming greedy corporate America and then being conspirators just because it serves their best interest"

and some more from Issa , if he and other are serious Timmay must be shown the door and previous tried for crimes against the people!!!!

"The fact that Geithner is now in the cross hairs is causing people to say "oh wait a second, that is too close to President Obama" but the truth is President Obama is better jettisoning Geithner if he did wrong before he had this job, than he is going along with him as he becomes discredited when he says TARP money is important.... TARP money is slush money... it is campaign money."

Obama(i know the answer already) have you no shame , no spine!!

DO something , dump these clowns along with the scum Summers, who was a major player in bringing the fraud based system to a new high of criminality.

Dump him, now!!!!! or else be tagged along with Bush as an enabler of the fraud and criminality in the US financial system.

Hank
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
The article Mack posted was Buchanan giving his take on what has caused in his words"the alienation and radicalization of white America"....... as per usual with you lately, its Shoot first ask questions later.:rolleyes:

ddog
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
If that was for ME, no I have asked questions for the last 15 years at least.

Maybe you dudes will catch up or not.

There always have to be leaders. Start running or get run over.

They are immoral and corrupt and unfit to serve in any "non bananna" state.

We have been critcal of others for doing on a smaller scale exactly what they are doing now.
If there was a power that could do it out there, I would welcome an invasion and regime change.

We have forced the same on others for less than these criminals actions.

Hank
10-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Not at all Dog, that was for Mike,and his bogus race card call.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2009, 10:52 PM
The article Mack posted was Buchanan giving his take on what has caused in his words"the alienation and radicalization of white America"....... as per usual with you lately, its Shoot first ask questions later.:rolleyes:Lately? :lol: :lol:

Come on man, cut me some slack. I apologize for not reading the entire article before responding. My bad.

I love my reputation with you though...as unearned as it may be...

Sailwolf
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
It was? Where?

Where exactly did Mr. Buchanan talk about "white America" in his piece?

Whites are not only more anxious, but also more alienated. Big majorities of whites say the past year's turmoil has diminished their confidence in government, corporations
http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif
(http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113463#)and the financial industry. ... Asked which institution they trust most to make economic decisions in their interest, a plurality of whites older than 30 pick 'none' – a grim statement."

NJ Stinks
10-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Now do the same thing for the house and senate. You know, the people who write the bills and spend the money.

I'd spend time checking this out but a better question may be: How many times has a Republican presidential veto been overturned by any Congress in the last 60 years? After all, at least it would indicate a Repub prez tried to stop those big bad Dem majorities in Congress from writing into law everything Buchannan is crying about. Here goes:

Eisenhower - one veto overridden
Nixon - 7
Ford 12
Reagan 9
G.W.H. Bush 1
Bush II - 4

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_vetoes

Is even 12 a lot? No. For example, the 110th Congress (Jan. 4, 2007 thru Jan. 3, 2000) passed 460 laws.

Source: http://thomas.loc.gov/bss/d110/d110laws.html

Tom
10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Nice numbers.
Mean nothing, though.
How many in each catagory had to do with excessive spending?

jballscalls
10-22-2009, 10:48 AM

seems many of the cons aren't handling the truth that their dream has died very well either according to this article and many posts.