PDA

View Full Version : Jake Tapper vs. Robert Gibbs!

andymays
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/10/todays-qs-for-os-wh-10202009.html

Excerpt:

From this morning’s gaggle in White House press secretary Robert Gibbs’ office:

Tapper: It’s escaped none of our notice that the White House has decided in the last few weeks to declare one of our sister organizations “not a news organization” and to tell the rest of us not to treat them like a news organization. Can you explain why it’s appropriate for the White House to decide that a news organization is not one –

(Crosstalk)

Gibbs: Jake, we render, we render an opinion based on some of their coverage and the fairness that, the fairness of that coverage.

Tapper: But that’s a pretty sweeping declaration that they are “not a news organization.” How are they any different from, say –

Gibbs: ABC -

Tapper: ABC. MSNBC. Univision. I mean how are they any different?

Tom
10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
They sound like they are starting to wake up and see where this could (will) go. Not that they want to defend Fox, but they know THEIR arses are next.

:lol: Nixon White House, Part Deux.

ArlJim78
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Bush had all the networks save Fox bash him relentlessly. I don't recall him ever waging a war against them or even complaining.

Obama has one lousy network channel strike a critical view and he gets his panties all in a twist and wants to go to the mattresses if need be.

this group is terribly thin-skinned, petty, and thuggish.

ArlJim78
10-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I still have to laugh how this guy boasts about how they will talk with dictators and other enemies of the west, in order to have a dialog, and that's okay, but the thought of a network opposed to them has them stymied and throwing hissy fits.