jognlope
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiJ5YOVeM50

Ian Meyers
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Great video, great story. Thanks for posting it. :ThmbUp:

OntheRail
10-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Way to many are not as fortunate as this horse... and it's a crying shame. Thanks for sharing this story.

Grits
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I wish this post, "Happy Ending", this video link could have a permanent place here, somewhere, as a tribute, as a reminder to fans, and especially to owners and to trainers.

This is an important piece of video footage with music that fits it perfectly, Jognlope, thank you for posting it. Thank you so much!!!

tucker6
10-20-2009, 01:36 PM
heart warming story. I can't believe 100k per year go to slaughter. That's the true definition of a silent epidemic. I wonder why the mainstream isn't interested in this issue.

BUD
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I dont think the mainstream are interested-They only like to be boisterous
at the Occasional breakdown-Their Hypocracy is in the numbers.

The Other night the Wife and I are watching Andrew Zimmerman--Hmm What is he eating Bud ask's the Wife--she says after clering her voice-"Horse"

I had a sick feeling that is what the bald guy said. I ask the wife again---This time she says it louder "horse"--Now My Right are is useless--I sidearmed that
remote at the TV --Hit that Bald F--k---As the remote hit the TV it whent off--

No more Zimmerman in The Bud Household--I'd rather shoot him--Then Serve Zimm. A--h--le

joanied
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh my goodness...I just had a good cry watching that video...between the story itself and the very fitting music...well, I fell apart...yet had a smile on my face the entire time.
For what he accomplished in his new career, and that he showed what a rescued Thoroughbred can do...and that he has brought joy to his new owner...Dustin's Dreamer is a Champion:ThmbUp:

Jog...thanks for posting this video. I went right over and donated some money I don't have to the cause.

grits...I think maybe this video can be moved to the section for great race video's...and stay there?

Beautiful story...

jognlope
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
I know and I just read that this butcher in NJ died, I won't even post the video. Don't need that. Just glad he's gone.

Yes we do need a happy ending spot!! Mr. Pace Advantage!

jognlope
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Thankyou for donating. He sure loves his Mommy, can see it in his eyes and fluid movement.

CryingForTheHorses
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Geeze,Hard not to shed a tear watching this video..Thanks for sharing

MickJ26
10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
There's enough money floating around in the horse racing industry that no horse should ever have to go to a slaughterhouse.

joanied
10-20-2009, 06:19 PM
There's enough money floating around in the horse racing industry that no horse should ever have to go to a slaughterhouse.

Damned right.

illinoisbred
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
A fee for retirees should be added to the selling price of every horse sold at a sale or auction. Also all breeders should pay a fee when they enter a horse for sale at auction. These people benefit greatly, it's time they take some responsibility for what they created . Also, I wouldn't be opposed to a small fee added to all claims. It's funny how the racing industry really doesn't want any input from fans but think it's just fine for the fans and charities to come to their aid when they no longer have any use for their horses.