PDA

View Full Version : Govt Medical Fraud

hazzardm
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
The real fraud here is how someone with authority ok'd this. Nice to see some psych major watching our tax dollars hard at work ......

Do pricey TVs treat sex offenders?
Moose Lake sex offender program officials say the new plasma-screen TVs have some clinical benefit. Some offenders say they waste a lot of tax money. .....

MOOSE LAKE, MINN. - Sex offenders at Minnesota's newest treatment facility at Moose Lake can watch television on one of two dozen new, 50-inch flat-screen TVs, and more may be on the way.

The cost of the sports bar-type, plasma TVs -- $1,576 apiece, plus a $706 mounting bracket -- 24 x $2,200 = $52,800

http://www.startribune.com/local/64859722.html

The print edition, unlike the on-line story, of Red Star Tribune quoted an inmate as saying they were mostly watched by the staff.

exactaplayer
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
What in the hell does this have to do with medical fraud ?

Tom
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
It's a treatment facility.

hazzardm
10-20-2009, 02:28 PM
What in the hell does this have to do with medical fraud ?

These jackoffs are spending MY tax dollars on 24(with more coming) 50" plasma sets for perverts, of which NONE have been successfully treated, and you dont see the fraudulence ????

Since Minnesota decided to commit sex offenders to civil treatment programs after they had served their criminal sentences, the number of sex offenders has risen to 566 patients and is expected to nearly double in seven years. So far, no patient has been successfully treated and released by the courts.

Michael Thompson, president of the Minnesota chapter of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, said he wasn't aware of any research on using TV as a socialization tool for sex offenders. "I perused approximately 180 research abstracts to see if this issue has ever been studied. I could find nothing," he said.

In March, the state sex offender program came before legislators with an urgent request to cover a $16 million shortfall, which the Legislature filled.

"We might find ourselves trying to figure out how we pay staff after April 1," Cal Ludeman, the state human services commissioner, told legislators last spring, in asking for the additional money. "We might have to delay payments to food service vendors, contractors." The sex offender program is part of the Department of Human Services.

cj's dad
10-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Minnesota -

the state that elected Jesse Ventura and Al Franken

Nuff said !!!

hazzardm
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
TPaw to the resuce.....

Officials at the Moose Lake Sex Offenders Program began unbolting the two dozen 50-inch plasma television sets at the center on Tuesday, just hours after Gov. Tim Pawlenty called the purchase "boneheaded" and ordered a search to find out who made the decision.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/64999952.html

FWIW, Jesse V was an outstanding governor, just a little too thin skinned to take the heat.

skate
10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure i can fault Any State, with the Fed Gov we have?

I can at least see some honesty in jesse, if you get my point?

He's just not an occupational lier.:)

JustRalph
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
You think that is bad.

Google some of the charges made on the Debit cards provided to Katrina
Victims............ :bang: :bang: :bang:

skate
10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey, this gal from Calif (congressman) with a shitbird eating grin, this very morning, is trying to pass a bill, that would teach Prisoners to read.

Oh yes, she thinks it's also good to include "the Children", lets teach them to read.:eek:

We might as well teach them in Chinese...

hazzardm
10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Deserved recipients ...

Vets will get sex offenders' TVs

Pawlenty: It's a better use for HDTVs bought for sex offender unit.

By MIKE KASZUBA and BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune staff writers

The big screen, flat panel TVs that so recently hung on the walls of the Moose Lake sex offender program will soon be enjoyed by patients at veterans homes across the state.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/65772922.html