PDA

View Full Version : 123 Wager at Philly Park

sandpit
10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Has anyone played this bet that they started on Oct. 10? It kind of reminds me of fantasy football team concept. I was curious to see what the pools looked like, but they are not on any charts anywhere. However, Philly has an entire separate website dedicated to it, and it's a very nice site indeed, check it out here: http://www2.123racing.info/. Winning payoffs for the wager have ranged from $138 to $573 for $2, with lesser amounts to second third place, for the first seven days.

I got to snooping around, and found a great hidden gem in the rules:

7. 100 percent of the net 123RACING pool is paid out upon completion of all designated races in the 123RACING Contest. (My emphasis)

Finally, a wager with 0 takeout! :jump: :jump: :jump:

But, as always, there is a downside:

14. The Association reserves the right to modify these rules as necessary, subject to approval by the Commission. :ThmbDown:

So, once bettors start flocking to this zero takeout, they will hike the rake up to the usual unacceptable level?

Addendum: got looking a little more, and there are only a handful of places you can wager on this; must be some hurdles to getting it implemented.

showbet
10-19-2009, 06:24 PM
7. 100 percent of the net 123RACING pool is paid out upon completion of all designated races in the 123RACING Contest. (My emphasis)

Finally, a wager with 0 takeout! :jump: :jump: :jump:
Net pool is the pool after takeout. Gross pool is the pool before takeout. I'd be very surprised if there is no takeout on this wager.

rastajenk
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Which just means it's not a carryover type of pool.

CBedo
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I just looked at the last three days of results, and just taking the 3 payouts as a percentage of the total number of players (times $2), the three percentages were 71%, 67%, and 66%. If that is anywhere close to correct, that is a pretty sick takeout (>30%).

takeout
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
If that is anywhere close to correct, that is a pretty sick takeout (>30%).Sounds like their already sick takeout on tris and such.

egreen
10-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't trust anything this company does. A pal of mine worked for them after graduating from the U of AZ Racetrack Industry Program and they stiffed her for a couple of months of wages. She didn't have sense enough to quit when they first got behind in her salary, but that's no excuse for what they did.

castaway01
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Philly Park has been shady since their parent company claimed no profits because all of their income was listed under one overseas corporation and their expenses were on their U.S. taxes. I can't find the article by Frank Fitzpatrick, but if you can find the Philadelphia Inquirer archives he breaks it down in detail. They scammed the U.S. out of a lot of money. The people in charge are scum (though smart businessmen) but not friends of racing.

BombsAway Bob
10-22-2009, 01:35 AM
isn't it grand that a track offers a new wager without giving players a payback %/takeout ...

Gone2Golf
10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I heard it's a 35% takeout, fits right in with the 30% takeout on trifectas and other exotics at Philly. Another lame attempt to suck more money out of the players!

Nacumi
10-22-2009, 07:49 PM
It's actually a fun bet to keep casual and hardcore bettors interested.
However, the rumor is that the tellers are benefitting more than the players.
Who knows? :confused: