PDA

View Full Version : If they go undefeated, who'll be ranked higher?

CBedo
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
BCS schools: Iowa or Cincinnati?

Non-BCS schools: Boise State or TCU?

I have a tough time picking one of the BCS two. Both conferences are so bad, and neither really has a high quality non-conferene win (Arizona for Iowa might be the best).

Of the non-BCS, I have to go with TCU, but that's just because I can't like anyone who has a blue football field. :lol:

With the computer rankings the way they are, it's funny that all these schools really need some of the teams they've beaten to do well the rest of the season. For example, Ohio State losing to Purdue can't help Iowa, and Boise needs Oregon to own the Pac 10.

It's all a mess!

rastajenk
10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
There's still a lot of games to be played. Neither Iowa nor Cincinnati will go undefeated, much as I'd like to see the latter do it and wouldn't mind too much if the former did also. Every year the experts start laying out run-the-table scenarios, and every year it never plays out as planned. Iowa will lose at Ohio State, and UC still has some tough games, including at Pitt.

It almost seems mandated that the SEC must be represented in the Big Game, regardless of what else happens.

CBedo
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
There's still a lot of games to be played. Neither Iowa nor Cincinnati will go undefeated, much as I'd like to see the latter do it and wouldn't mind too much if the former did also. Every year the experts start laying out run-the-table scenarios, and every year it never plays out as planned. Iowa will lose at Ohio State, and UC still has some tough games, including at Pitt.

It almost seems mandated that the SEC must be represented in the Big Game, regardless of what else happens.I'd rather have a SEC school in there instead of a Big 10 team that plays no one and no conference championship game anytime.

I realize that the probabilities are low of any of these going undefeated, but that wasn't the question.

rastajenk
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM
OK, well then the answer is probably UC and Boise, because they are ranked higher now and if they don't lose, then they shouldn't get jumped by teams behind them.

UC has a nice win at Oregon State, and Pitt and WVa might be ranked when they play UC.

rrbauer
10-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Boise is a walkover from here. The others all have some tough games left.

GaryG
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Boise is a walkover from here. The others all have some tough games left.Don't we go through this every year with Boise? Whe not boot Wazoo and put them in the Pac-10? I would like to see Iowa as the Trojans' opponent in the Rose Bowl rather than OSU again.