PDA

View Full Version : Mika: With One Exception, Every CBS Reporter, Director, Anchor A Liberal!

andymays
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2009/10/19/mika-one-exception-every-cbs-reporter-director-anchor-liberal

Excerpt:

Give Mika Brzezinski credit for candor. She has stated that during her 10 years at CBS, every reporter, producer and anchor she knew, with one exception, was a liberal.

The Morning Joe co-host made the disclosure today in the course of discussing with Joe Scarborough the White House's attack on Fox News.

Will Mika's revelation trigger a frantic internal investigation at CBS to root out the Republican interloper?

ddog
10-19-2009, 01:36 PM
You seem to always miss the point.

Your knowledge of the bias of a reporter or a network should be all that's needed.

The ones to fear are the ones that claim no bias.

Never been such a news person or network.

Can't be.

Anyone that believes someone else is looking out for YOUR interests will be news-junkie raped over and over.

Tom
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Lib or conservative makes no difference to a REAL journalist. They report facts not opinions. We have very few of those left.

That is why FOX is watched by more than anyone else - people know fair and balanced when they hear it. They know CNN is a complete joke of a news outlet and MSNCB is below Looney Tunes in terms of news! :lol:

ArlJim78
10-19-2009, 01:58 PM
ddog with his usual swing and a miss. if you ask CBS newpersons they will all claim to be objective and that their personal biases don't influence the news.
I know that's not true so i don't watch their network.

however not everyone knows who is biased and who isn't. it does matter that they have lost all pretense of keeping their personal biases out of the news, precisely because many people have no clue. they think what they are getting is at least somewhat balanced and factual when indeed it isn't.

mostpost
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
ddog with his usual swing and a miss. if you ask CBS newpersons they will all claim to be objective and that their personal biases don't influence the news.
I know that's not true so i don't watch their network.

however not everyone knows who is biased and who isn't. it does matter that they have lost all pretense of keeping their personal biases out of the news, precisely because many people have no clue. they think what they are getting is at least somewhat balanced and factual when indeed it isn't.
The bias doesn't lie in the reporting by CBS. The bias lies in you refusing to believe anything which does not precisely fit your inaccurate world view.

rastajenk
10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Rip, were you still sleeping during the Texas Air National Guard fiasco? You know, the thing that cost Dan the Man Rather his job? No bias at CBS? :rolleyes: Wake up and smell their stench.

BlueShoe
10-19-2009, 04:28 PM
About the only positive thing that I can think of about CBS news is that Katie Couric is still cute.After that?--------------------??

bigmack
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
The bias doesn't lie in the reporting by CBS. The bias lies in you refusing to believe anything which does not precisely fit your inaccurate world view.
Here is a good read for ya: http://www.amazon.com/Bias-Insider-Exposes-Media-Distort/dp/0060520841

The author has a forum. Tell him that you think he's wrong. He worked @ CBS for 28 years. You worked with USPS. Guess who my money is on?

You can contact him here.
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/forum/

ArlJim78
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
haha, right. No bias in the CBS reporting. an inaccurate world view is one that still clings to the archaic belief that CBS reporting, or any of them really, is done with no consideration of their political views.

I don't need a story to precisely fit my world view to appreciate it, it just needs to show a degree of objectivity. just listening to the administration talking points being regurgitated on the TV newscast does not make it news. It makes it propaganda. the only real investigative reporting I've seen in a long time was done by two kids with a pimp outfit, some hookerwear, and an undercover camera. There are numerous other big stories that aren't being touched because they're political hot potatoes for the democrats.

the network should be able to run stories on both sides of an issue from time to time as well. there is only one network that even comes close to doing that and they are not perfect either.

I am perfectly capable of recognizing real reporting. I find very little on TV anymore including FOX which has only one show I would call a news show, Special Report.

there have been numerous studies on media bias. It is so blatantly obvious that a person who claims they cannot see any evidence for it is, to be kind, not very astute.

I didn't need to see those studies to know what was going on, but I mentioned it just to inform you that the information is out there. The media doesn't deny it anymore, they make no bones about it.

many news outfits were duped today by the Chamber Of Commerce story. they all immeditely ran the story without fact checking it. Why? Because it was pro cap and trade. It was also a hoax perpetrated by a group with links to the democratic party in order to make the Chamber look bad. there is your fair and balanced news for ya.

mostpost
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Rip, were you still sleeping during the Texas Air National Guard fiasco? You know, the thing that cost Dan the Man Rather his job? No bias at CBS? :rolleyes: Wake up and smell their stench.

What you call the Texas Air National Guard Fiasco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian_documents_controversy is more accurately an example of carelessness and bad reporting. The producers and reporters of the piece failed to properly vet their sources and authenticate the documents they received. For this, several people involved in the segment were fired or asked to resign. When they realized that they had provided information that was not properly authenticated CBS acted to correct the situation. This was not the action of an organization which has no regard for unbiased reporting. From Wikipedia:
CBS terminated Mary Mapes and demanded the resignations of 60 Minutes Wednesday Executive Producer Josh Howard and Howard's top deputy, Senior Broadcast Producer Mary Murphy, as well as Senior Vice President Betsy West, who had been in charge of all prime time newscasts. Murphy and West resigned on February 25, 2005,[104] and after settling a legal dispute regarding his level of responsibility for the segment, Josh Howard resigned on March 25, 2005.[105]

If the documents cited are forgeries (and there has never been unimpeachable proof that they are), there is plenty of other evidence that George W Bush was derelict in performing the duties required of him in his years in the Texas ANG.
From Wikipedia:
CBS interviewed Marian Carr Knox, a secretary at Ellington Air Force from 1956–1979 and Killian's assistant on the dates of the memos. Although Knox felt the memos reflected the truth about Bush's alleged service failures,[88] she also stated she did not type the memos, they were not written by Killian, and that she had no firsthand knowledge of Bush's time in the Guard.[90] Knox said, "The information in here was correct, but it was picked up from the real ones," she said. "I probably typed the information and somebody picked up the information some way or another."[91]

CBS's use of the documents obtained from Col. Burkett failed to meet journalistic standards and for that they are deserving of criticism. That they retracted the story when the deficiencies were made known, absolves them of deliberate bias.

mostpost
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Here is a good read for ya: http://www.amazon.com/Bias-Insider-Exposes-Media-Distort/dp/0060520841

The author has a forum. Tell him that you think he's wrong. He worked @ CBS for 28 years. You worked with USPS. Guess who my money is on?

You can contact him here.
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/forum/
Bernard Goldberg? Bernard Goldberg? I haven't read that book. I don't plan to read it. But what I know about Bernard Goldberg, leads me to question the lack of bias of the author.
Goldberg also wrote "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America" Looking at the names on that list..... Awful lot of Liberals there......Very few Conservaties.... :eek: :eek:

BenDiesel26
10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Did that fact that ABC, CBS, and NBC failed to cover the recent ACORN scandal for over a week before finally succumbing show any liberal bias MostPost? Or was the story just not big enough to cover? And if it was not big enough to cover, why after over a week did they finally begin to cover the story?

cj's dad
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Mostpost is such a spinmiester that he should be the White House press secretary - makes that idiot Gibbs look like a mere amateur.

mostpost
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Did that fact that ABC, CBS, and NBC failed to cover the recent ACORN scandal for over a week before finally succumbing show any liberal bias MostPost? Or was the story just not big enough to cover? And if it was not big enough to cover, why after over a week did they finally begin to cover the story?
I can't speak authoritatively to the networks reasons for not covering the story immediately. Possibly they felt it was a non story. Maybe the thought there was insufficient evidence the whole thing wasn't made up or doctored.
They began to cover the story, when Congress began to discuss the matter.
That coverage was not about ACORN and the two camera dweebs, it was about reaction to the videos.

mostpost
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Mostpost is such a spinmiester that he should be the White House press secretary - makes that idiot Gibbs look like a mere amateur.
I looked at the PaceAdvantage by-laws. You will be happy to learn there is no requirement that your posts contain anything of substance. :D

bigmack
10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Bernard Goldberg? Bernard Goldberg?
Good point. His take on CBS has far less weight than yours.

If you don't think there has been a distinct bias at CBS news for decades, you're delusional.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ape-scratch.gif

DJofSD
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
This has got to be the biggest, most steamy pile of horse pucky from you in, what, three days?

That pile of crap is equivilant to blaming a rape victim for the assult.

rastajenk
10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
What posthole calls carlessness and bad reporting, people with at least a minimum of common sense call media bias. They retracted and apologized because their lawyers told them to, not because of any concern for journalistic professionalism.

Tom
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Goldberg also wrote "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America" Looking at the names on that list..... Awful lot of Liberals there......Very few Conservaties.... :eek: :eek: Well duh!

Tom
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Better than that.......:lol:

exactaplayer
10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I posted this question in the glen beck thread yesterday and got no response. Seems no one there had an answer. I will try here, perhaps all the smart posters are on this thread. ;)
Anyway, After receiving criticism Fox did not cover the most recent tea party, i saw coverage on the local cbs outlet. why no fox coverage ?

Tom
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Not aware they did not cover it.

delayjf
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Although Knox felt the memos reflected the truth about Bush's alleged service failures,[88] she also stated she did not type the memos, they were not written by Killian, and that she had no firsthand knowledge of Bush's time in the Guard.[90] Knox said, "The information in here was correct, but it was picked up from the real ones,"

If, as she states, had no first hand information about President Bush's service, then how could she "feel" that they reflect the truth?? What information was she confirming?? Name, rank, SSN?? If the memo's could have been confirmed they would have been and Rather would still have his old job.

cj's dad
10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I looked at the PaceAdvantage by-laws. You will be happy to learn there is no requirement that your posts contain anything of substance. :D

Obviously, or you would have been AMF a long .....lonnnng ....... time ago :lol:

rastajenk
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I posted this question in the glen beck thread yesterday and got no response. Seems no one there had an answer. I will try here, perhaps all the smart posters are on this thread. ;)
Anyway, After receiving criticism Fox did not cover the most recent tea party, i saw coverage on the local cbs outlet. why no fox coverage ?
Was it a local event? If so, there you go.