PDA

View Full Version : One word describes this year: INCONSISTENT

rrbauer
10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I haven't seen TCU play but of the other top-10 college football teams nobody really stands out above the others. They've all been inconsistent. And looking at the overall records of the top-25 you have Ohio State and Kansas both coming off losses to unranked teams with losing records.

I think Texas (OSU biggest obstacle) and Boise St (looks like walkover) have best chances to remain undefeated. TCU still has a trip to Provo and then gets Utah at home. Cincinnati has a tough schedule left and now has QB problems. Iowa has road games at Mich St and Ohio St. If 'Bama gets by LSU and Florida gets by So Carolina then one of them will beat the other in the SEC championship.

Most "fun" teams to watch recently IMO have been Ga Tech and Notre Dame.

OTM Al
10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Notre Dame would have been far more entertaining to watch had they lost a few more of those games....I really enjoyed this Saturday's action on the field. Wish my Boilers had played like that a little more this year.

rrbauer
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Notre Dame would have been far more entertaining to watch had they lost a few more of those games....I really enjoyed this Saturday's action on the field. Wish my Boilers had played like that a little more this year.

Purdue a real enigma this year. Wasted opportunities at Oregon and against the Irish. Should've won both. Imagine if Drew Brees hadn't been too small to play in the NFL! :lol:

OTM Al
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
That Kyle Orton guy really stinks too....

rrbauer
10-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Missed seeing TCU again because DirecTV and Versus are having a pissing match. They beat BYU handily at Provo. Cincy won with their 2nd string QB--again didn't see this one.

Iowa won on last play of game after Mich State had taken lead with 1:40 to play. Mich St went into prevent defense and promptly gave up 50 yds in the air. Then went into their attack defense and gave Iowa fits (including an interception that was nullified by penalty) but Iowa prevailed on 4th and goal with 2 secs left.

Alabama won on last play of game by blocking a Tennessee FG attempt (2nd block by same guy). Bama's QB is only so-so and their "wildcat" is very one-dimensional. Vols outplayed them in 2nd half. Bama definitely needs this bye week.

Florida won and the score wasn't that close as Tebow threw up a prayer with 3:50 to play and a MS d-back answered it with a runback for a TD. I think that all three of these undefeated will have their hands full the rest of the trip. Florida has most right to improve if they get injured guys back and their offense skill-players gain experience (Tebow doesn't need any experience obviously).

Texas romped over Mizzou. No contest. 'Horns receivers were W I D E open all night. Boise St romped over Hawaii (fell asleep early in this one) and USC held on to whip Oregon State. Watched a little of this one and didn't see much defense. Clemson validated Miami's mis-ranking and whipped them pretty good in the 2nd half.

I like Texas to move up this week given the lackadaisical (sp?) play from Bama and Florida.

Marlin
10-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Inconsistent is the right word. I looked over the schedules and it looks like a non BCS school will most likely play for the championship. TCU and Boise both should win out. I'm not saying they will, see inconsistent, but they should be favored the rest of the way. Everyone in front of them has a rough game or two. (or three). Can TCU and Boise both make the championship game?