PDA

View Full Version : E-mail warning, no BS

bdhsheets
08-03-2001, 07:53 PM
Decided to put this on the main board.

In light of so many "VIRUS" warnings that are a bunch of bs, I hate to do this buuuuuuut:

There is an email virus out there that will infect you very unsuspectingly. You'll receive an email from a friend or associate with an attatchment with it. It might ask you for advice, an opinion or entice you with it being funny etc. But generally will not be signed by the sender.

The one I got was a .doc file, seemed harmless enough, not a .exe file. OOOOPS! It took several days to get my computer back on its feet. The virus will send stuff to everyone in your email address book.

Help at: www.Symantec.com click on W32.SirCam.Worm

Good Luck to all, except the assholes that started this crap.

Regards,

bdhsheets

Tom
08-03-2001, 09:33 PM
Never open any email attachments if you are using scum-bag Bill Gate's software. It is all totally vunerable and it that way on purpose. Maybe Gates is the one writing and sending out these things????
Tom

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2001, 12:36 AM
A conspiracy theorist wouldn't look to Bill Gates and his ilk as the mastermind of these viruses -- a true conspiracy theorist would point his finger at those that manufacture the anti-virus software!! LOL

==PA

Tom
08-04-2001, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
A conspiracy theorist wouldn't look to Bill Gates and his ilk as the mastermind of these viruses -- a true conspiracy theorist would point his finger at those that manufacture the anti-virus software!! LOL

==PA

You know, I really gave that a lot of thought, but after visiting Macafee's website, and after Macafee literally destroyed my old computer, I came to the conclusion that they weren't smart enough to mastermind such a thing.
Billy is not stupid-he has some real great ideas in his software that if developed would be terrific for all of us.
Clearly, he is plotting world domination ~G~
Tom

PS: You aren't paranoid if they really are out to get you!