PDA

View Full Version : wintask- for conditional bets

formula_2002
10-17-2009, 11:43 AM
anyone use this software?
I can get it to read most any bet condition that can be formulate in an excel file, and to a point, log on to Twinspire and attempt to make an automated bet.
but i can only get it to go so far into the execution of the bet.

A few years ago, before Brisbet changed to Twinspier, I was actually able to make the bet, but not with any consistency

WinTask allows you to create macros to automate repetitive tasks or tasks which should run at night. WinTask will work with all of your Windows applications.

WinTask operates under Windows 98/ME, Windows NT, 2000 and XP. WinTask can automate tasks in a DOS box. It is not recommended under Windows 95. In order to use the new Web functions, Internet Explorer 5.5 or above is required.

In short, nearly all the repetitive tasks that you do daily, weekly, and monthly can be automated using WinTask. For example:

Launch an accounting program, import data from other programs, calculate results, and print out a report.

Install new software on thousands of PCs with your company's unique configuration and data already included.

Open terminal emulation software, enter the userid and password, navigate through host screens, copy data from different screens, and paste them back into a program in your PC.

Automatically access websites to get the latest updates for virus protection.

Send routine reports with attachments via email on a regular schedule - daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

Add "Macros" to any software that does not have a built-in Macro function.

TampaJim
10-17-2009, 12:24 PM
AutoIt version 3 is my macroing engine of choice. You can usually figure it out yourself, or if not there are active help forums (they'll tend to make fun of you if it's clear you haven't even tried to solve your problem on your own first though, so it's best to detail what steps you've already taken unsuccessfully when posting for help).

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

CBedo
10-17-2009, 06:03 PM
For windows users, I would highly recommend AutoHotKey. You can do just about anything with it. It has become the standard tool set in the online poker world.

www.autohotkey.com

formula_2002
10-17-2009, 10:00 PM
thanks.
I'll look into both..
I reached out to the wintask people in the past and they have been very helpful.
I try a bit longer and see where it goes.

Basic has been my main stay for a very long time, so AutoIt version 3
will be my first "look into"

CBedo
10-18-2009, 12:24 AM
AutoHotKey is more a programming language than a macro program, but it's very intuitive and built to do Windows automation.

GameTheory
10-18-2009, 12:56 AM
AutoHotKey is more a programming language than a macro program, but it's very intuitive and built to do Windows automation.AutoIt and AutoHotKey are very similar. I prefer AutoHotKey, but AutoIt may be better for browser-based tasks -- seems to have lots of user libraries for that. AutoHotKey actually is a fork that split off from AutoIt. Both are completely free, and can do more than even the commercial automation tools if you don't mind doing a bit of programming...

formula_2002
10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Afer communicating with the people at Win Task, I just upgraded
to their demo version WinTask version 3.6
it works like a charm with ie8 and windows xp.

it records all of the key strokes need to place a bet.
calls up the browser, enters your pass words, tracks bet type etc.

With my previous exeprience using exel to export the conditional betting info
into wintask, I may have all i need to place intricate conditional bets.
At this time, I need to know things like;

WIN AND exacta BETTING. minimum field size is 7 betting interest
BET TO WIN IF MODEL SELECTION IS 1ST OR SECOND IN THE BETTING
BET EXACTA IF MODEL SELECTION IS FAVORITE, BET 1/2ND AND 3RD BETTING CHOICES
BET EXACTA IF MODEL SELECTION IS 2ND FAVORITE, BET 2/1, (2ND FAV/FAV)

you can check out their 30 day free demo at
www.wintask.com

CBedo
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
The other program that I have only recently started playing with, but seems to be a pretty good macro program is the iMacros add-on for Firefox.

formula_2002
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
For me, WinTask is the best thing since Mother's Milk.
I just tried it on youbet.com and it seems it will work there as welll as twinspire.com

the value of my estate is growing by leaps and bounds :) :)