PDA

View Full Version : Show me a happy loser and I show you a real Idiot: California Racing

Igeteven
10-17-2009, 02:15 AM
I really think one must be a real idiot to play California Tracks, Why on earth would anyone play in this mess and invest your hard earned money.

1. Man made track that the track can manipulate

2. Drugs, In California, they use all kinds, just in case owners, bring them here, the CHRB will let them run until they break down.

3. Jockeys that pull up and don't care about the purse because they make so much money, “It’s nothing to them”.

4. Trainers telling them to take the favorite to the rear to make second or third, so he can collect on a bet. I love five or six horse supers or 4 horse tri's. They get me right in the pocket book.

5. Short fields, Horsemen love short fields, but it is poison for the player.

6. Stewards are afraid to open their mouth to make a decision or they will be replaced.

7. Big fish take the little fish money on the big pick six.

8. Track management doesn’t give a damn for the player

9. Track management runs and controls the CHRB

Now with some of the problems, why play? To add insult to injury, new players that play are not coming back when they get their butts kick in or make no money.

Thanks to Ron Charles, Joe Harper, and good old Jack Lebo, these guys I have to congratulate them; they all have destroyed California Racing.

Guys keep up the good work, we all love you.

the_fat_man
10-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I play regularly, both north and south, and ENJOY it. I LOVE POLY TRACK.:ThmbUp:

fmolf
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I play regularly, both north and south, and ENJOY it. I LOVE POLY TRACK.:ThmbUp:
to each his own ....how are you making money on the short fielda at oak tree?...Their gonna change the claiming game now all those geniuses on the chrb.....its almost comical not almost it is....nobody is shipping their horse to california and after this year with no breeders cup to look forward to it will get even worse....good luck to you fatman in trying timesI never have and never will wager on any polycrap race or on a race from a track with poly...and i love watching the downhill races at s.a. will be a spectator at my second straight b.c.Next year the sat. breeders cup will be from churchill and will be the first night time b.c. ever!

CBedo
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I really think one must be a real idiot to play California Tracks, Why on earth would anyone play in this mess and invest your hard earned money.

2. Drugs, In California, they use all kinds, just in case owners, bring them here, the CHRB will let them run until they break down.

3. Jockeys that pull up and don't care about the purse because they make so much money, “It’s nothing to them”.

4. Trainers telling them to take the favorite to the rear to make second or third, so he can collect on a bet. I love five or six horse supers or 4 horse tri's. They get me right in the pocket book.

6. Stewards are afraid to open their mouth to make a decision or they will be replaced.

Now with some of the problems, why play? To add insult to injury, new players that play are not coming back when they get their butts kick in or make no money.

Thanks to Ron Charles, Joe Harper, and good old Jack Lebo, these guys I have to congratulate them; they all have destroyed California Racing.

Guys keep up the good work, we all love you.Unfortunately, for the most part, this describes way more tracks than just the ones in California.

BUD
10-17-2009, 05:16 PM
In the Age of the Computer, Twitter, Facebook-YouTube--And the Hundreds of great Blogs--When this $h_t goes on and it does--We should be Youtube-ing
Bloging shinning light into the rat infested filth---
We Have so many Talented Handicappers and??Good writers-Journalists..

I am all For I-Get-even---Mike Gives us a great staging area----Now Whether
We like it or not its up to us--

I thought we had a preliminary vehicle in HANA--If we Don't--We will find a way

Individual's pissed whom have a right purpose usually win in the long run-

As Big Jim once wrote ""The old get old
And the young get stronger
May take a week
And it may take longer
They got the guns
But we got the numbers
Gonna win, yeah
Were takin over
Come on"
With all the tools we have--Unified together we'd win--((together))

Was there support for HANNA? We Can Whine-Or Join together and win-EZ chioce--

We-Is-er" eh'

DrunkenHorseplayer
10-18-2009, 04:08 AM

Guys keep up the good work, we all love you.

1) The next time you play a track that was made completely by nature, let me know about it. I gotta see this.

2-7) These apply to quite a few other, if not all, racing circuits.

Java Gold@TFT
10-18-2009, 07:00 AM
1) The next time you play a track that was made completely by nature, let me know about it. I gotta see this.

Try this one next year:

http://www.goracing.ie/Content/HRI/hriracecourses.aspx?id=594

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_YiMb77_Y

They run on the beach that was completely made by mother nature. ;)

(OK, maybe they drag it to smooth it out a little for safety but watch carefully for post times because they vary depending on high tide.)

DrunkenHorseplayer
10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I like it; wish I could be there. First "natural" track I've heard of other than the Swedish races conducted over a frozen lake.

Joey D
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
And how about the field sizes and lack of value in So. Cal right now. Check out the exotics payoffs for the third race today, what a joke.

$1 Exacta (4-5) Paid $2.60

$1 Trifecta (4-5-3) Paid $5.40

$2 Daily Double (5-4) Paid $4.60 Daily Double Pool $13,869

$1 Pick 3 (5-5-4) 3 Correct Paid $6.20 Pick 3 Pool $47,255

$1 Consolation Pick 3 (5-3-4) Paid $4.70

You can't even buy tomorrow's form with the pick 3 payoff as now I hear it is up to $7.00 in some places.

My opinion about the synthetic surfaces is that they put them in to confuse everybody involved to pump up pick six carryovers, period. How can they be safer when the horse's feet are coming down on a harder surface than with regular dirt? I hear that it's like a sidewalk under the layer of fluff and cotton balls or whatever that crap is.

Run Nicholas Run
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM
minor league racing from a minor league state.