PDA

View Full Version : 'Noles reading at 2nd grade level

rrbauer
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Not sure where this belongs....but, we'll put it here for now.

Is this amazing or just sad?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/FSU-releases-NCAA-transcripts-Some-Noles-readi?urn=ncaaf,196189

OTM Al
10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
What does college sports have to do with college education anymore?

LottaKash
10-16-2009, 01:24 PM
What does college sports have to do with college education anymore?

I agree, what does it?.....Two totally different animals, imo...One has only listen to some of the players being interviewed, to notice the obvious...

best,

GaryG
10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm sure we all remember Dexter Manley the Redskins all pro. Spent 4 years at Oklahoma State and he could not read or write. Talked a lot of smack though.

cj's dad
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM
How could anyone here be surprised ???!!??

The colleges have taken people out of their element (inner cities) and put them on campuses of UNIVERSITIES and expected them to function as responsible individuals which they are not capable of doing.

In many cases, the child and the parent (read mother) of those thrust into these situations are uneducated and are subsidized by the gov't their entire life and have zero idea of how to react in this enviroment.

Please explain to me the fallacy of this statement; please, I need to know where I am wrong.

JustRalph
10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Had the occasion to come into contact with a player from a pretty decent sized well known college recently. Football Lineman.

He is 10 yrs out of school now. He related how the assistant coaches drove him around to meet the steroid dealers "for the first trip" he had to find them on his own after that............ :bang: :bang:

Amazing what goes on on anymore.........