PDA

View Full Version : Some Harness Racing Notes For Handicappers

trying2win
10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Thought I'd ramble on briefly about a few harness racing and harness handicapping things:

1. A PACE ADVANTAGE member had previously listed a link to some old issues of AL STANLEY'S NEWSLETTERS that one can read for free online. I found a better link that lists the latest posted HHN issue first...i.e. No. 36, then scroll down to the bottom of each page to get to the 'NEXT' button to get to more previous issues. Each web page lists links for several HHN isssues, so one doesn't have to go back too far for other old issues. I used to subscribe to the printed edition of HHN. There's a lot of good harness handicapping material in those old issues for novices and experienced handicappers alike. Yes, some of the angles, methods and ideas presented in these online issues of HHN are outdated now in my opinion... nevertheless some of the handicapping material in HHN is still relevant nowadays. Here's the link:

http://www.handicappingharness.com/al-stanley-sunday/

2. I see Frank Salive the former announcer at WESTERN FAIR RACEWAY and prior to that at WOODBINE HARNESS and MOHAWK, is calling the harness races at POMPANO PARK now. I like his smooth delivery style. Of course one can watch the POMPANO PARK races and listen to Frank's announcing at their website.

3. Do you want to save money on your bill for past performance harness programs? If you're a Canadian, you can get free programs at the HPI site for a lot of Canadian harness tracks. And American residents who can bet some Canadian haness track through their own ADWS, can get free past performance programs online for a few tracks like FRASER DOWNS, RIDEAU-CARLETON RACEWAY and WINDSOR RACEWAY to name a few.

T2W

LottaKash
10-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Thx TTW..for the update and a better link.....Funny thing tho, I have most of Al Stanley's newletters, but every now and then I will see one that I have missed, and it is nice to to go down memory lane a bit when I reread one that I haven't seen in a long time....Most if not all of his stuff still works, and very well at that.....Actually most of his stuff is "timeless", and much of it is still ingrained in my own "way of going", as it still holds up well, even after all these years.....The horses still go around in a cirlcle, and the fastest and luckiest one's for the day, still win....

best,

the clocker
10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Ladies & Gentlemen...This is just a quick FYI to let you know that the Al Stanley Harness Newsletters have returned at our blog after a 2 week hiatus...You can use Trying2Win's link that is posted to access them...Thank you for your patience and Have a Great Day Handicapping Harness...Good racing luck to you!

Sinner369
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
No disrespect to anyone but I have to agree with Lottacash..........Al Stanley's
theories and principals are timeless.....................many topics that he discusses
in his newsletters are relevant today........form cycle, value, elimination rules,
pace analysis, condition, his B & B method.........truly outstanding and relevant as of today.

I did not truly understood harness racing until I got his book......Stanley's Law.
I had to buy it at the Gamblers Bookstore in Vegas in the 80's!

Remember he wrote his book and newsletters in the 70's and 80's...........a man ahead of his time.

sinner