PDA

View Full Version : Why is TVG putting Oak Tree's races on huge delay

Imriledup
10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Races are over for 10 mins and they JUST find ways to show the replay? They can't even show it live, is there some reason they're trying to discourage people from betting? I don't think people mind waiting 1 minute to see a race on replay, but to wait 10 minutes or more to see a replay while they're showing Turf Paradise is a joke.

JimG
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Short answer. I believe TVG management is pouting at HRTV signing an agreement with Oak Tree that included oaktreebets.com which is designed by the Xpressbet (Magna) folks. They have decided to retaliate by pissing off thier largest online betting group, SoCal customers. Business as usual.

BobbyMcMuffin
10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Im with you. I was betting Oak Tree over the weekend. I dont have HRTV or RTN so I would flip on TVG to watch the race. It got to the point where I just said hell with it and cue'd up the internet feed. They showed like half the card on tape delay...and like you said it wasnt a minute or 2 but 10!

JustRalph
10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
TVG no longer has the rights to run Oak Tree Live. HRTV does and is the sole outlet ............TVG can only run races after they are official........just like when ESPN has the big races etc..........

JimG
10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
TVG no longer has the rights to run Oak Tree Live. HRTV does and is the sole outlet ............TVG can only run races after they are official........just like when ESPN has the big races etc..........

Ralph,

Can you give me the source on that one? My understanding is TVG and HRTV both have a contract to show the races live (same as NYRA). In fact I am sure TVG was showing them live this past weekend when Zenyatta was running. That is the only day they have had their crew at the track.

Jim

Imriledup
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
TVG has shown some Oak Tree live, but they act as if Oak Tree is a sidebar, then they whisk you off to a track like Penn National or Turf Paradise with their monsterously high takeout rates.

TVG, always looking out for the player.:rolleyes:

Canarsie
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
You need to read this if I just posted it I would be called a lair. :lol:

http://community.tvg.com/t5/TVG-Viewer-Mailbox/Oak-Tree-Coverage/td-p/44744

:bang: :bang: :bang:

levinmpa
10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
TVG acts like a spoiled child. They lost their exclusivity with Oak Tree, so they they are basically saying screw you Oak Tree, and to all their customers too. If I was a TVG customer and I had other wagering options, I would close my account. Why anyone wagers through a company that charges $0.25 per wager is beyond me. I know of no other ADW that charges like this. Screw them. Luckily, I am in the Philadelphia area and wager through Philly Park's Phonebet.com. I've never been charged a fee, and have never had a wagering blackout. TVG customers, switch to Xpressbet or Twinspires, close those TVG accounts and tell TVG to go to hell.

JimG
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
You need to read this if I just posted it I would be called a lair. :lol:

http://community.tvg.com/t5/TVG-Viewer-Mailbox/Oak-Tree-Coverage/td-p/44744

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Why? Are you hanging out with wild lions? My comments on that thread were on page 3. TVG really needs to get their act together on this one.

andymays
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
They're arrogant and they really don't care!

Imriledup
10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
TVG'z been force feeding fans that Los Al crap in lieu of much better tracks who handle more money. If the track has a higher handle, than that's the track that more people want to see. Los Al's pools are tiny, that means people don't want to bet on that product and TVG just keeps treating their signal like some sort of big deal.

Canarsie
10-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Why? Are you hanging out with wild lions? My comments on that thread were on page 3. TVG really needs to get their act together on this one.

Sorry but I hardly go there and there's not much to say after what the moderator said on the first post. I agree with you think it was taken out of context how I posted it. But I have given up bashing TVG the "suits" won't listen, it's useless.

I do wonder it they get any of the extra $5 I have to pay to pick up their channel along with some Fox Sports stuff that I never ever watch.

NikeUnlimited
10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah... it's been pissing me off too. Is there a site where I can watch the Oak Tree races online or something?

andymays
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah... it's been pissing me off too. Is there a site where I can watch the Oak Tree races online or something?

www.calracing.com

or one of the ADW's like Twin Spires!

JustRalph
10-14-2009, 09:35 PM
On the first day at Oak Tree HRTV announced that they would be the exclusive " coverage at Oak Tree.........in fact if memory serves me.........Jeff Siegel announced it.......

The usual crap from the usual players

Tom
10-14-2009, 11:03 PM
This should really pack in the new fans of the game! Hats off to TVG! :lol::lol::lol:

MickJ26
10-15-2009, 09:25 AM
This is why the Evil Empire fawns all over KEE, DMR and HOL, because they're TVG exclusive tracks.

Bochall
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Ahhhhh, Cali fans now get to feel what non Cali fans have felt about TVG for a looooooong time. It was all cool when they had their California Uber Alles philosophy, but now they get 2nd class treatment like NYRA tracks have for years. Its all about the exclusivity agreements. Ever notice that the Meadowlands trotters NEVER get tape delayed?...cuz they paid for it. It is clear that TVG is becoming the minor league racing network. Oddly though, as much as many bash TVG on these forums, we probably watch that network EVERYDAY...i do.

FenceBored
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
On the first day at Oak Tree HRTV announced that they would be the exclusive " coverage at Oak Tree.........in fact if memory serves me.........Jeff Siegel announced it.......

HRTV TO PROVIDE IN-DEPTH OAK TREE COVERAGE, CAL CUP POST DRAW TO BE SHOWN LIVE SEPT. 30

“We are pleased to be able to make this announcement at this time,” said Oak Tee Director and Executive Vice President Sherwood Chillingworth. “The New York Racing Association made the decision earlier this year to move away from exclusivity as regards their live racing product and we agree with that.

“We firmly believe our fans and the industry are going to be better served with the addition of HRTV as Oak Tree’s non-exclusive television partner.”
-- http://www.oaktreeracing.com/press/pressrelease/2009/09/hrtv-provide-depth-oak-tree-coverage-cal-cup-post-draw-be-shown-live-sept (http://www.oaktreeracing.com/press/pressrelease/2009/09/hrtv-provide-depth-oak-tree-coverage-cal-cup-post-draw-be-shown-live-sept)

Easy Goer
10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
As long as Oak Tree has a Average Race Field Size of 6 horses, "Who Cares" when the replay is shown. I mean betting wise, theres simply little "Value" to be gained.

The sadder part is, they said changing to the synthetic race surface would increase Race Field Sizes. I guess they meant from Average of 5 horses to 6 horses.

Who needs Oak Tree, Save your money for the 2 days of the Breeders Cup when there will be Avg Race Field sizes of at least 10 horses & you'll be much better off.

JimG
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
-- http://www.oaktreeracing.com/press/pressrelease/2009/09/hrtv-provide-depth-oak-tree-coverage-cal-cup-post-draw-be-shown-live-sept (http://www.oaktreeracing.com/press/pressrelease/2009/09/hrtv-provide-depth-oak-tree-coverage-cal-cup-post-draw-be-shown-live-sept)

Thanks for the link. Note it said "on an non-exclusive basis". TVG can show all Oak Tree races live, but are choosing to put their resources elsewhere.

Imriledup
10-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Another thing i don't like TVG doing is scrolling results at the bottom on races they haven't shown yet.

I don't know, i could be wrong, but isn't it fairly simple to acquire race results? There are phone services in So Cal for free where you can get results and stretch calls, you can go on any number of websites on the internet also. why ruin it for people who want to root home their pick, even if its on delay? That's part of the fun of betting at home, getting to watch your bet on tv and root.

JustRalph
10-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I could have sworn they said "exclusive" oh well..........so now it is just TVG being snarky.........what are the odds?

egreen
10-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Great interview last Saturday on HRRN with Oak Tree's PR guy detailing the childish stance TVG has taken. The show is archived on www.horseracingradio.net and is at the start of hour #2.

Imriledup
10-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Great interview last Saturday on HRRN with Oak Tree's PR guy detailing the childish stance TVG has taken. The show is archived on www.horseracingradio.net (http://www.horseracingradio.net/) and is at the start of hour #2.

Thanks for this link, just listened.

Great points by Mike Willman about slapping the customer in the face. And, its not even like Oak Tree did anything bad, they just decided to not renew an exclusive contract.

TVG is a taker, not a giver.

Tom
10-16-2009, 07:30 AM
IF BOTH channels offer Oak Tree, and one of them plays like a spoiled little child (TVG) by delaying the races, wouldn't that just drive people AWAY from TVG and TO HRTV?

Who's running TVG, MATTY? :lol: Bwaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!11

CBedo
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
IF BOTH channels offer Oak Tree, and one of them plays like a spoiled little child (TVG) by delaying the races, wouldn't that just drive people AWAY from TVG and TO HRTV?

Who's running TVG, MATTY? :lol: Bwaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!11Some of us are stuck with DirecTV (NFL package) for the time being. I guess with enough bandwidth, one could subscribe to the HRTV internet feed. If HRTV would just get a deal done with DirectTV, they would probably gain some market share right now.

Imriledup
10-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Nice job today from TVG, they not only showed Santa Anita's 4th race on about a 20 minute delay, they showed it with no sound.

Tom
10-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Some might argue that was a good thing! :rolleyes:

Imriledup
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Some might argue that was a good thing! :rolleyes:

Not if the talking heads are talking while you're concentrating on the race and trying to figure out who is who.

trigger
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM

nonexclusive
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/52692/oak-tree-adds-betting-platform-tv-coverage

Mineshaft
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
As long as Oak Tree has a Average Race Field Size of 6 horses, "Who Cares" when the replay is shown. I mean betting wise, theres simply little "Value" to be gained.

The sadder part is, they said changing to the synthetic race surface would increase Race Field Sizes. I guess they meant from Average of 5 horses to 6 horses.

Who needs Oak Tree, Save your money for the 2 days of the Breeders Cup when there will be Avg Race Field sizes of at least 10 horses & you'll be much better off.

Exactll right. who wants to bet 5 and 6 horse fields?