PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh in the NFL

Java Gold@TFT
10-14-2009, 03:30 AM
So, it is common knowledge by now that there is a group looking at buying the worst team in the league this year but all of the focus is on Limbaugh being a minority part of the group.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4556315

The best quote out of the story comes from Irsay:

"I, myself, couldn't even consider voting for him," Irsay said at an owners meetings. "When there are comments that have been made that are inappropriate, incendiary and insensitive ... our words do damage, and it's something that we don't need."

This idiot is worried about the reputation of the NFL but he's the one who backed up the tractor trailers in the dead of night and completely stole a franchise from a city that supported their team every year. Glad he's worried about words doing damage but his damage came from actions not words.

I don't care one way or the other who some of the minority owners are in sports. With the money involved to buy a team these days they have to form large coalitions. Even Mark Cuban was listed as majority in the group looking at the Cubs but he had a lot of extra help underneath. And I'm sure he is worth a lot more tham Rush. Of course the Reverands who have no personal ties to the NFL are already on the team to tell Rush how he can spend his money.

JustRalph
10-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Just so you know.........

Rush is calling out a bunch of these people and calling them liars. Nobody has been able to produce the comments attributed to him so far.

He has asked them to produce the evidence............see any yet?

A bunch of damn Liberal Liar's all of them.

Java Gold@TFT
10-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Just so you know.........

Rush is calling out a bunch of these people and calling them liars. Nobody has been able to produce the comments attributed to him so far.

He has asked them to produce the evidence............see any yet?

A bunch of damn Liberal Liar's all of them.
I completely understand that aspect. I just think it is absolutley ridiculous for others to deny any person how they want to spend their money because they don't like that person's poitics.

cj's dad
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Roger Goodell has also proven he's an idiot by jumping on the "we don't want his kind" bandwagon.

cj
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Roger Goodell has also proven he's an idiot by jumping on the "we don't want his kind" bandwagon.

His wife works for Fox News, maybe she can straighten him out!

Bochall
10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
This is America. He should be allowed to buy whatever he can afford. The problem is that the NFL is a 'club' and its members can deny entry into their club. Look how Marge Schott was run out of Cincy when she owned the Reds.

OTM Al
10-14-2009, 12:34 PM

I cannot believe someone who watches football as you do would dare call him only by his given name. That is NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell. And I type that in the reverant tone reserved only for him and the holy of holies, the Competition Committee.

I could care less if Rush buys the team. He seems to be a bit of a fan. It would be his problem though if players don't want to play for him.

Java Gold@TFT
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Any player can decide who he wants to play for. Is there a reason Eli Manning is in NY and Rivers is in SD? Was there a reason that Elway ended up in Dnever instead of Baltimore? Of course. Same can be said for owners who wouldn't hire Vick this year. It's capitalism and now fools like Irsay who have done more harm than good for the sport are basing their opinions of a possible minority investor in a team based on politics? Just another bunch of BS. Who the hell else wants to own the Cardinals? At least Rush has a history in Missouri and isn't some Russiona billionaire invading the NBA. The other sad part is that the only other name released so far in the investment group is the guy who owns the St. Louis Blues NHL team and would like to do better for the city's NFL franchise.

OTM Al
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
That would be the Rams now. Cards left St Louis long ago. Who knows. Maybe he would move them back to LA

Hank
10-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Stuff like this amazes me.I'm a black guy, I'm a sports talk radio kinda guy and Rush's show was carried on the same channel as sports talk.So I used to leave the radio on his show sometimes.Based on what I heard, I would say Rush is a bigot or he thinks his listeners are.I'd wager most non whites listening to his show would get this impression also,Now I'm sure most posting here are saying sooo what... right. Exactly.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Rush is taking the knives out of the drawer and unlike his accuser's .....he sources his info........and doesn't make it up out of thin air............

A Little Truth about our Accuser's

The Truth About Jackson, Sharpton and CNN's Sanchez (with Sources)

Rush's show notes ,
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101409/content/01125112.guest.html

Rich Sanchez Piece
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/10/13/rick-sanchez-of-cnn-ran-over-a-man-then-fled-the-scene-two-hours-later-sanchez-was-still-drunk/

Jesse Jackson Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/29/magazine/jesse-jackson-aims-for-the-mainstream.html?sec=&spon=&pagewanted=5

Rev Sharpton info:
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/al-sharptons-big-bucks-extortion-racket

More Jesse Jackson Stuff:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=122032&page=1&page=1

Hymie Town.........
http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/08/16/jackson/print.html

proximity
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
That would be the Rams now. Cards left St Louis long ago....

and also fwiw, it was jim irsay's dad (robert) who moved the colts to ind....

OTM Al
10-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, looks like Rush got the boot from the group trying to buy the team. No worries though. This got him a ton of publicity for nothing. Rest assured he isn't all that upset, but bet he will sure make like he is. Like his politics or not, he knows what sells.

cj's dad
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, looks like Rush got the boot from the group trying to buy the team. No worries though. This got him a ton of publicity for nothing. Rest assured he isn't all that upset, but bet he will sure make like he is. Like his politics or not, he knows what sells.

Very smart individual - that's what drives the left crazy !!

Tom
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
If he wants to get into the NFL, maybe he should drown a few puppies.
Or beat his wife, or get an armed felony. Then he would fit right in with the NFL.

Black Ruby
10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
If he wants to get into the NFL, maybe he should drown a few puppies.
Or beat his wife, or get an armed felony. Then he would fit right in with the NFL.

I'd think havin his housekeeper buy his hillbilly heroin for him should qualify him.

DanG
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Op-Ed:

From its very inception this was a political stunt to further a strategic (plug in your group of choice) division. The intended voting block (and opposition) fell hook line & sinker…just as devised imo.

http://www.hotline.ie/cms/images/HookLineSinker.jpg

Valuist
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I completely understand that aspect. I just think it is absolutley ridiculous for others to deny any person how they want to spend their money because they don't like that person's poitics.

Bingo. Hit the nail on the head.

BTW, why should Sharpton and Jesse have any credibility? Didn't these two guys run down to Duke after the ALLEGED attack by the lacrosse players. Of course it was all a lie, but we never did hear their public apology. If I was black, I'd be offended that these two shysters were trying to represent me.

Java Gold@TFT
10-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Bingo. Hit the nail on the head.

BTW, why should Sharpton and Jesse have any credibility? Didn't these two guys run down to Duke after the ALLEGED attack by the lacrosse players. Of course it was all a lie, but we never did hear their public apology. If I was black, I'd be offended that these two shysters were trying to represent me.
Sharpton was absolutely nothing before the Tawana Brawley incident. Month after month of a druggie girl who lied about being beaten and raped by white police officers in order to stop her parents from knowing why she ran away. Then Rev Al goes into the woodwork for a little while as all of the lies are proven false.

The only thing I can say about the racist trio of hate is that at least Rangel holds an elected position while the other two racist 'reverands' spew their venom at any time. Have any of these stalwarts of liberlaism EVER stepped up for a white police officer who did his job properly but arrested a black man in the process?

And mosty, hcap and others, call me a racist any time you want but please look up the definition of the word before you try to tell me that no black person can be racist somehow because of slavery 150 years ago. These clowns judge everyone based on the color of their skin.

JustRalph
10-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd think havin his housekeeper buy his hillbilly heroin for him should qualify him.

Not even close to being violent enough...........

JustRalph
10-28-2009, 06:55 PM
tdCimSglD3c

Valuist
10-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Goodell did his Bud Selig impression today....denying any link between NFL play and the effect of head injuries over time. I'm sure his attorneys told him to deny, deny, deny. Just like Selig when talk came up about steroids. THey think everyone else is so stupid, they won't know when they are being lied to.

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Oh my...double standards in action? Quotes taken out of context and twisted?

Lyrics ignored?

How shocking! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: