PDA

View Full Version : The bettors of horses make you wonder...

tzipi
10-13-2009, 04:37 PM
sometimes. How bad they are and why tracks must laugh and know they can take advantage! Just looking over tomorrows card at Delaware. Let's look at first race.

We have a $10,000 Mdn Clm. The #4 is RARE SPICE- Runs 0 Beyers everyrace except for a 2 beyer a year ago. She finishes 40-50 lengths back last two and averaged 20+ length loses every other race. Winless trainer.

#8 WISEGOLD-Runs 0 Beyers everyrace! Has the occasional 3 Beyer. Finishes 20+ lengths behind every race, Mostly 30-40+ loses on the form. Trainer is 1-46 and 0-13 off layoffs.

Here's my point on the shock and why tracks must laugh. These horses will finish 30 lengths off the winner,who will prob be Gypsy Camp followed by Improper and Meet in Vegas,but THE BETTORS WILL AT LEAST PUT $800+ MAYBE ON THEM TO WIN!!!??????? Bettors would bet on a COW OVER A HORSE IF GIVEN THE CHANCE:D

Why would you put money on those horses and their non-speed and no beyers over a horse(Gypsy Camp)who runs 50-60+ Beyers?? It is just shocking to see this everyday at the tracks. It's just insane. This example is just jumped out at me because its so insane these horses will be able to run. And these horses take money!! I would love to take their action and just say hey I'll give you 10,000,000-1 odds. Just give me your money.

Tracks OBVIOUSLY know what kind of people they have following them.

BELMONT 6-6-09
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Myself, I look for wagering situations where I am not guessing.I want to know within reasonable certainty that my key horse is "live" and in the race to win. Not always the easiest of tasks especially during todays racing where horses are filling fields as favors to the racing secretaries, drugs,year round racing etc. Through experience and hard work (and a little luck I guess) LOL it works.

tzipi
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm with you on your betting ways. I basically use the same way. But I mean this betting by bettors on horses that NEVER finish a race is plain insane! I mean these horses WILL take money tomorrow to win!

fmolf
sometimes. How bad they are and why tracks must laugh and know they can take advantage! Just looking over tomorrows card at Delaware. Let's look at first race.

We have a $10,000 Mdn Clm. The #4 is RARE SPICE- Runs 0 Beyers everyrace except for a 2 beyer a year ago. She finishes 40-50 lengths back last two and averaged 20+ length loses every other race. Winless trainer.

#8 WISEGOLD-Runs 0 Beyers everyrace! Has the occasional 3 Beyer. Finishes 20+ lengths behind every race, Mostly 30-40+ loses on the form. Trainer is 1-46 and 0-13 off layoffs.

Here's my point on the shock and why tracks must laugh. These horses will finish 30 lengths off the winner,who will prob be Gypsy Camp followed by Improper and Meet in Vegas,but THE BETTORS WILL AT LEAST PUT $800+ MAYBE ON THEM TO WIN!!!??????? Bettors would bet on a COW OVER A HORSE IF GIVEN THE CHANCE:D

Why would you put money on those horses and their non-speed and no beyers over a horse(Gypsy Camp)who runs 50-60+ Beyers?? It is just shocking to see this everyday at the tracks. It's just insane. This example is just jumped out at me because its so insane these horses will be able to run. And these horses take money!! I would love to take their action and just say hey I'll give you 10,000,000-1 odds. Just give me your money.

Luckily for us their are still a lot of senior citizen field trips,and people who play their anniversaries and birthdays who go to the track everyday.I would never complain about all the unsophisticated monies in the pools but be thankful that what little their is is still their!

HUSKER55
Perhaps they think it is a value bet :D

A. Pineda
10-13-2009, 05:00 PM

You're only considering win betting. There are always betting opportunites in fields such as this. If one of those zero Beyer horses clunks up for 3rd, you can make a nice profit, provided that you haven't spread out too far in the exotics.

On one occasion at SA, a 1/81 horse was transferred to a 1/84 trainer. ML was 30/1, but there was an angle that made that runner a good bet, and it did win.

I don't blame you for sitting on the sidelines, but others may see opportunity.
Remember, it's who laughs last that counts.

tzipi
10-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes I said Win Money in my post and how it is ridiculous. Yes,1 out of every 2000 runs they might hit a distant 3rd. Still crazy. I do see opportunity. I'll take the fastest horse in horrible field with trainer that can win and run 50+ faster Beyers.

Yeah the occasional $2 win bet for,oh I like the name or the field trip and just playing a number probably would account for $50-$70 at most.

Happened at Belmont months ago. Pastor Mena(never has won) ran a horse that could'nt run a 10 beyer against 70-80 Beyer horses with winning trainers and there was about $1800 to win,plus ex money,etc. Horse ran up track,again. It's just crazy. Serious that the tracks must laugh.

I want to take these bets :D

WinterTriangle
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I wonder how that money stacks up against false favorites that don't win, but keep coming in 2nd and 3rd, but the touting sites make a fortune touting them.

at Philly today, I think "one" favorite came in. Every race except one paid $9 to $20 to $40 to $200 for the winner.

Then, we have the horsemen who hype a horse they bought, ones that come to mind are Hamazing Destiny and Be Fair. Havent' really accomplished much, not in comparison to the brew-ha-ha that went around at time of purchase.

illinoisbred
10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I always thought it would be a good idea if tracks had minimium starting conditions. Horses like you describe really shouldn't be allowed to start,even at a track of Delaware's stature. They sound like "fair" material and they probably wouldn't win there either. Arlington used to[don't know if they still do] refuse stall space to any horse that started for 4,000 and hasn't hit the board since starting for 4,000. Racing secretaries should be embarrassed for letting a race go with a field like you describe.

tzipi
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I always thought it would be a good idea if tracks had minimium starting conditions. Horses like you describe really shouldn't be allowed to start,even at a track of Delaware's stature. They sound like "fair" material and they probably wouldn't win there either. Arlington used to[don't know if they still do] refuse stall space to any horse that started for 4,000 and hasn't hit the board since starting for 4,000. Racing secretaries should be embarrassed for letting a race go with a field like you describe.

Yeah I agree but I guess there's nothing wrong with letting a horse run. It's what they are born to do. As long as they are SOUND. So why take them out and not let them run if they are sound.
Tracks know,just let these idiots bettors bet these horses to win or in Exacta or whatever every single time they run. It's like taking candy from a baby.

illinoisbred
10-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah I agree but I guess there's nothing wrong with letting a horse run. It's what they are born to do. As long as they are SOUND. So why take them out and not let them run if they are sound.
Tracks know,just let these idiots bettors bet these horses to win or in Exacta or whatever every single time they run. It's like taking candy from a baby.
Bred to run yes, but not all thoughobreds are meant to be racehorses. These sound like they should be given to the Amish or pulling a coach up and down Michigan Avenue in Chicago.

tzipi
10-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Bred to run yes, but not all thoughobreds are meant to be racehorses. These sound like they should be given to the Amish or pulling a coach up and down Michigan Avenue in Chicago.

Oh yeah that's my point,horses that should be show horses,fair horse,etc are in horse races and people will bet on them. As I said I just wish I could take these bets on horses who can't finish within 30 lengths and can not reach a 4 beyer figure every race.

Tomorrow it should say for Race 1 at DEL.

RARE SPICE and WISE GOLD $0 Win $5 Place $50 show each. But it won't. They'll be some good money on these horses to win and hit 2nd. :bang:

illinoisbred
10-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I think my dog could run a Beyer 2, well maybe at 3 furlongs. You never know , maybe horses like this should be given names like Jane's Daughter or Sam's Son. Surely someone will get off the tour bus and say -hey, that's me. tracks will get their 2 dollars to show.

tholl
10-13-2009, 07:33 PM

It does not matter to the track who wins! They make the same if a longshot or favorite wins, it's not like they are booking action on particular horses! (unless thare is a minus pool of course).

tzipi
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
It does not matter to the track who wins! They make the same if a longshot or favorite wins, it's not like they are booking action on particular horses! (unless thare is a minus pool of course).

I never said that. Where did I say the track gets their win money and puts it in their pocket?? Jesus. I just said tracks must laugh at people betting theses horses that are fillers basically. Their using fillers and people will bet into their race instead of questioning the track and the race. Here's a crap race with horses that can not run,now bet your money on THEM with us. Just crazy.

I'll have to see pools tomorrow on race 1. I'm kinda scared to see :D

WinterTriangle
10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I just said tracks must laugh at people betting theses horses that are fillers basically.

There's a lot of fillers in G3, G2, and G1 races, too. :cool:

tzipi
10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
No I've never seen lifetime 0 beyer horses who never get within 30+ lengths of winner in G1's-2's and 3's. Those fillers actually have won high level races and are just in over their head for a win but could hit board. I'm talking about non winning,low level maidens fillers that people will bet even though they never finished a race and can't run a 5 beyer figure.

The thread is actually about 2 horses tomorrow in Del 1st. If you look at the PP's of them,you'll be shocked that people are going to bet them to win and in exactas.

Market Mover
10-14-2009, 12:23 AM

If anyone has questions about why they run horse races, please check the results of the above race. I know it's harness but..still a horse race...

WinterTriangle
10-14-2009, 01:27 AM
wow, Marketmover!

Horse at philly today paid $200+ to win. :)

Other $2 win wagers:
Arcangues, Breeders' Cup Classic $269.20
Wishing Ring 1912, latonia KY win bet paid $1,885.50
Power to Geaux at Aksarben, 1989 $2,922

And who can forget $2 superfecta, 2005 Kentucky Derby-$1,728,506.40

Yee gads.

riskman
10-14-2009, 01:46 AM

Hey, I'll take 10M-1 odds on Rare Spice to Win, Place and Show. The horse does have a few angles. Blinkers off, Weight Off and coming back in 9 days. Never know in this game, crazier things have happened. One thing I have learned, I never criticize a player on who and where they bet their money. There is an old saying--The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.

menifee
10-14-2009, 02:25 AM
I'll take 15mil to one. I'll wager a dollar on each. Will you book the action? If you did agree to book the action, for some reason, I think you might be a bit nervous as they enter into the starting gate.

I will tell you what's crazier than betting on those two horses.

How about the owners that paid 90k on the likely posttime favorite (Gypsy Camp) and have now dropped it to the 7,500 level? Wisegold cost his owner $1,300 and has earned $2,600. Gypsy Gamp cost 90k and has earned 12k. Obviously, I did not account for costs in caring for the horse, but I would guess that Wisegold was a better investment, though both have been losing ones.

Or how about the ml maker setting the odds on Spin On at 5-2. This horse will take money. I would rather book bets on that horse than Wisegold or Rare Spice. They have the same shot at winning and I will book more action on Spin-On for a far better price. Spin On has run similar 0 beyers but popped a Del career best of 23 in his last performance. What the ML maker doesn't realize is that Spin On simply cannot win if he does not make the lead which he won't here. Gypsy Camp will be 1-2. I would not play that horse either.

What kind of odds are you willing to give me that Wisegold finishes ahead of Spin On? 1 mil to 1?

CBedo
10-14-2009, 03:25 AM
What's the guess as to Gypsy Camp's post time odds? & what do you think fair odds are? I don't know the intricacies of these horses, but just a quick look at early and late pace along with the last 5 speed figures, I don't see how GC isn't 1/5.

Java Gold@TFT
10-14-2009, 04:39 AM
http://www.equidaily.com/

Scroll down a little to see what small pools can do to win odds and exotic odds.

Horse pays $433 to win on top of a $396 exacta and it isn't clear if the excata payoff was on a $1 or $2 bet. The best part of the chart is that the horse that finished 2nd paid $2.10 to show. Anything can happen in a small pool that doesn't make sense.

JustRalph
10-14-2009, 05:51 AM

And those "baby's " you are robbing often are young people who don't know the game. How long do you think they will let you rob them before they find something better do to with their money.........and your pool of people that your are so proud of fleecing disappears........???

You can't scream about the death of the sport and then brag about ripping off the newbies.....who are just coming into the sport...?

These types of races are bad for the sport. These tracks that continue to card them are bad for the sport. They need to go away. Now!!!

tzipi
10-14-2009, 01:12 PM
wow, Marketmover!

Horse at philly today paid $200+ to win. :)

Other $2 win wagers:
Arcangues, Breeders' Cup Classic $269.20
Wishing Ring 1912, latonia KY win bet paid $1,885.50
Power to Geaux at Aksarben, 1989 $2,922

And who can forget $2 superfecta, 2005 Kentucky Derby-$1,728,506.40

Yee gads.

Does anyone actually read posts???? Did you look at horses PP's? No
Arcangues won races overseas,infact graded ones if I remember. You think a non winner was in the B.C. Classic. Geez. What the HECK does that prove against horses that can not run 5 beyers or finish within 30 lengths of winners????!! Show me those horses PP's with no wins and no finishes. Show me Arcangues PP's

Ill give the 10m-1 money to win on people saying it.

Again did I say anything wrong with a newbie playing a $2 "I like name of horse" bets? No. I said it would add to pool,but where's the other hundreds to win on these horses everyday. These are horses that never finish a race. No winners that are a bit slow.

tzipi
10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey, I'll take 10M-1 odds on Rare Spice to Win, Place and Show. The horse does have a few angles. Blinkers off, Weight Off and coming back in 9 days. Never know in this game, crazier things have happened. One thing I have learned, I never criticize a player on who and where they bet their money. There is an old saying--The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.

I don't get the angle part? Blinkers off,weight off? Horse did same Nov(blinkers),July(weight off) and he got killed in both running 0 beyers!

"would ranther bet the 0 beyer fig horses than Spin on" He's run 20+beyers. Others havent even gotten 1 beyer.

OK WHERE'S MY MONEY :) . BOTH HORSES RAN UP THE TRACK. GYPSY CAMP WALKED.

cj
10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
The winner paid $2.40, couldn't have been much bet on the others.

CBedo
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I guess the public (in this case) was a little smarter than we originally thought. The 4 & 8 only took $279 out of $22069 (1.3%) in the win pool (still probably bet too much on these two pigs). Spin On was 10/1 and ran 2nd (was the public's third choice), and the 4th and 2nd choices ran 3rd & 4th, and of course the heavy favorite, Gypsy Camp easily won at 1/5. So overall, it seems the public got it right.

tzipi
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Nothing wrong with horses or pools size(hey it's money) and people having a fun with a $1 "hey I like name" bets. All I said is I just wanted the Win,place and Exacta money and how could these horses POSSIBLY win! I would take their bets at 10m-1. Don't think they'll pay up though :(

Bochall
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
It's easy (and fun) to manipulate small pools, although I dont think DEL qualifies as small pool material. Try betting $100 to win on a 25 or 30-1 shot as soon as the previous race ends or as soon as the first flash of odds goes up for the next race. If you play smaller tracks like EvD or Fairmount you will see effect of your money. Some suckers will follow your false bet and play the bum even more. Cancel your ticket around 3mins to post. ADW wagering and worldwide betting may blount this tricks effectiveness these days, but it sure used to be fun.

Java Gold@TFT
10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I was sitting at Saratoga Harness on Saturday night with my wife. She said she wanted a longshot and I told her good luck. Without the exact numbers, 2 minutes to post, after the post parade, the odds were 5-2, 3-1, 4-1, 9-2, 9-2, 24-1, 35-1. When they left the gate they were more in the order of 3-5, 9-5, 3-1, 8-1 12-1, 35-1 and 45-1. At the tracks with small pools you have to watch the odds in the exotics. A single $50 bet at a small pool track can drop odds by many dollars.