PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gruden

mountainman
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Is it my imagination, or does he sound exactly like Kurt Russell's character from 'Big Trouble in Little China?' Moreover, the guy has nothing of consequence to say. Even so, his commentary might be bearable if he stopped prefacing every single remark with the commandment for viewers to 'look'-as in; 'LOOK, these dolphins have a great running game.'

Valuist
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden is named Redskins coach before the end of the season.

boomman
10-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden is named Redskins coach before the end of the season.

The one l figure will be back sooner than later is Shanahan.............;)

Boomer

CBedo
10-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Gruden, Shanihan, Cowher, Billick. Next year will not be the year of the no experience, young coach with these guys out there.

Valuist
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dungy re-surfaces. I know he said he wanted to spend more time with family but Michael Jordan said the same thing in 1994. Sometimes family can drive one right back to work!

RaceBookJoe
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM

He will regret that decision. The entire Redskins organization is a complete mess and joke. Until Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato are gone things wont get better. Owner,player personnel decision maker, and coaching are 100% pathetic. rbj

proximity
10-14-2009, 01:06 AM
the crazy thing is that if they can get by k.c. and philadelphia (who the 'skins swept last year)...... they will still be 4-3 heading into the bye week!!

Valuist
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I seriously doubt they will beat Philly. They have some psychological issue when they get in the red zone. In all likelihood, they'll be 3-4 going to the bye week and the schedule will only get much tougher.

cj's dad
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
the crazy thing is that if they can get by k.c. and philadelphia (who the 'skins swept last year)...... they will still be 4-3 heading into the bye week!!

This will be the 6th consecutive week that the 'skins have played a winless team;

has to be an NFL record !?

Valuist
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
The opposite would be the Patriots, who have yet to face a team who has lost. That will end this week as they get the winless Titans.

week 1: Buffalo (0-0)
week 2: NY Jets (1-0)
week 3: Atlanta (2-0)
week 4: Baltimore (3-0)
week 5: Denver (4-0)

DanG
10-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Is it my imagination, or does he sound exactly like Kurt Russell's character from 'Big Trouble in Little China?' Moreover, the guy has nothing of consequence to say. Even so, his commentary might be bearable if he stopped prefacing every single remark with the commandment for viewers to 'look'-as in; 'LOOK, these dolphins have a great running game.'
I thought he has brought some much needed energy to the booth Mark, not to mention he knows the league (and its “farm” system; college) as well as anyone. If you had said Jaworski I would sign that petition in a heart beat.

I think we can both agree that an empty seat would be an upgrade over Kornheiser. :eek:

46zilzal
10-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I always thought he needed psychological help: NO ONE could be that MAD all the time.