PDA

View Full Version : California: CTT board holds emergency meeting!

andymays
10-12-2009, 06:22 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/2009/10/ctt-board-holds-emergency-meet.html#comments

Excerpt:

"I think that's the feeling that is pretty much amongst the majority of the trainers in Southern California," trainer John Shirreffs said. "They're looking for some sort of a change, and I think they felt that the (CTT) board was not transparent or responsive to their requests."

Preparing to seek decertification of the CTT, the CHC met with the trainers' group Friday afternoon in an attempt to resolve their differences. Members of the new CHC include Shirreffs, Bob Baffert, Doug O'Neill, John Sadler, Mike Mitchell, Clifford Sise, Bruce Headley and Darrell Vienna, among others.

In a statement released this morning, the CHC announced it met for an hour with the CTT board to discuss issues that concern the new group.

Presumably high on that list of concerns are:

(1) The synthetic race tracks
(2) How the Advance Deposit Wagering funds are split up
(3) Shrinking purse sizes
(4) Overall communication between the CTT board and members of the CTT
According to the release, the CTT board voted 5-4 Friday to hold new elections.

InsideThePylons-MW
10-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Let's see.....Hmmmmmm

WILLIAM ANTON
TIM BELLASIS
JACK CARAVA
JAMES CASSIDY
GLORIA HALEY
EOIN HARTY
DAN HENDRICKS
CLIFFORD W. SISE, JR.
HOWARD ZUCKER

VS.

John Shirreffs
Bob Baffert
Doug O'Neill
John Sadler
Mike Mitchell
Clifford Sise
Bruce Headley
Darrell Vienna
among others

I know who I'm betting on

Cliff Sise is on both sides.....he must have jumped ship after seeing the match-up....sharp

andymays
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
This is it. If Santa Anita goes back to dirt others will fall.

Imriledup
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I see trainers on that list, but no bettors.

Aren't there any HUGE bettors that won't bet on this stuff that would come back to Calif if dirt came back?

andymays
10-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Shirreffs wants better communication with CTT

http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/

Excerpt:

Trainer John Shirreffs is best known for his work with the super 5-year-old mare Zenyatta, but this week he's in the news because he's one of the major players with the California Horsemen for Change -- a new group of Southern California-based trainers who are unhappy with California Thoroughbred Trainers and have pushed for a special election to replace the CTT's entire nine-member board.

But this isn't all about the anti-synthetic tracks fervor that has sprung up over the past 18 months. This also has to do with many other issues, including the shrinkage of purse sizes, medication and the distribution of Advance Deposit Wagering revenues. It's also about the lack of communication the disgruntled trainers feel has existed between the CTT executive board and members of the organization.

"As an example of what's going on in the industry and an example of not having all the cards on the table, there was a rumor that the TOC (Thoroughbred Owners of California) was supporting Santa Anita in getting dates from Hollywood Park, which obviously would shorten the (existence) of Hollywood Park," Shirreffs said. "If they take dates away from Hollywood Park, that pushes them closer to closing. And for a lot of trainers, for myself in particular, we would not want to see that happen.