PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pick 6

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm not playing . I don't want to spend $700 or more to come up with a useful ticket . I played the late Pick 4 , went 5 deep in the first two legs , three in another , struggled to find a single in the sequence . Cost $75 , played because I believe the payout could be huge , but not comfortable in that I left out a few that could easily beat me . I cannot imagine the Pick 6 , the cost or the payout . Just my own observations , which often doesn't mean a lot .

Space Monkey
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm not a pick 6 player, but I am considering tinkering with it. My opinion is that if you can't single at least 2 horses, preferably 3, then you are bound to spend a large amount of dough and therefore you should just pass. Be selective. I like the fact that you passed on the pik 6 today and spent a reasonable amount of money on the pick 4. Good decision. Good Luck.

Dan H
10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
MB, would you be willing to play a pick 5 at the cost of $1.00? This bet is gaining popularity at Oak Tree this meet. On Friday, the pool was over 50K.

Does the advent of a Pick 5 impact the Pick 6 pools? I think so.

Dan H

Marshall Bennett
10-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Never had any luck betting So. Cal. tracks . I've tried . I follow the New York circuit closely , but to be honest , no others . I enjoy watching them all , just not for betting purposes .