PDA

View Full Version : No Excuse for Overlapping Grade I Races

levinmpa
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Shame on Belmont Park and Oak Tree this past Saturday, October 10, for running the Grade I Champagne Stakes at Belmont and the Grade I Yellow Ribbon at Oak Tree on top of each other. Both races were off at 5:17 Eastern. These are not nickel claimers. These are premier races that are watched and wagered on all over the country. Do you think there is a possibility that a player might want to wager and watch both events without having the distraction of both races being run at the same time. Good god! How hard is it to hold up one of the post times a few minutes so the fans can enjoy both races. This happens way too often in our game. It's just another in a long list of items the tracks need to get together on and work toward bettering the presentation to the players. I'm sure "the suits" at both Belmont and Oak Tree feel like they should not have to yield to any other track, but please, put the fans first and leave your egos behind for once. Do you think staggering these events might increase handle? Duh! It's a no brainer!

SMOO
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Good post. :ThmbUp:

Until racing meets get their heads out of their own behinds things like this will continue and it will be racing that loses in the long run.