PDA

View Full Version : the daily racing form

lamboguy
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
i usually never even read the racing for, but i have a horse in wednesday that i wanted to strudy how i thought the race could be run so i could give out jockey instructions. usually if i want the racing form i get it comped from my adw but it is only a day in advance. so i decided to go and purchase it from drf direct. they wanted me to buy 2 different dates for $2.95 per card. i didn't mind paying $2.95, but i don't want to spend $6.00 for something i don't need. i chose to skip the form aND didn't even spend the $2.95 for a single card.

fmolf
10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
i usually never even read the racing for, but i have a horse in wednesday that i wanted to strudy how i thought the race could be run so i could give out jockey instructions. usually if i want the racing form i get it comped from my adw but it is only a day in advance. so i decided to go and purchase it from drf direct. they wanted me to buy 2 different dates for $2.95 per card. i didn't mind paying $2.95, but i don't want to spend $6.00 for something i don't need. i chose to skip the form aND didn't even spend the $2.95 for a single card.
I would use the bris pps for your purposes.they give you pace and class ratings as well as rating the strength of each horses performance in that race.they give you running styles and average competitive level as well.Like most of the people who have been playing a long time i am 51.....i grew up on the form but they have been gouging their customers for too long now so i switched to bris about two years ago and love them.

lamboguy
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
thanks for your suggestion, i jus got it and really like it better than the form.

Bochall
10-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I would use the bris pps for your purposes.they give you pace and class ratings as well as rating the strength of each horses performance in that race.they give you running styles and average competitive level as well.Like most of the people who have been playing a long time i am 51.....i grew up on the form but they have been gouging their customers for too long now so i switched to bris about two years ago and love them.Where can i find an explanation of all the Bris symbols and ratings in their pp's? I am mainly interested in knowing their base numbers from which they get their ratings. They are great but I would like to know some class pars...esp Clm10. Thanks in advance for any help.

takeout
10-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Try here: http://brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=library (scroll down)

Bochall
10-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks, just what i was looking for:ThmbUp:

Tom
10-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Bochall, word of caution.

If you look at the top of the PPs, they give the pars for that race. The E2 par for sprint races is not equal to the Speed rating, but it is in routes. I think in the example they give for the 10K par, they do not explain this difference.

The pars used to be based on purse values, which meant the NYS Bred allowance had a higher par than open alw in NY, which is absurd. Not sure if this is stil the case, but a little checking would be in order if you plan to use the pars.

The Hawk
10-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Bochall, word of caution.

If you look at the top of the PPs, they give the pars for that race. The E2 par for sprint races is not equal to the Speed rating, but it is in routes. I think in the example they give for the 10K par, they do not explain this difference.

The pars used to be based on purse values, which meant the NYS Bred allowance had a higher par than open alw in NY, which is absurd. Not sure if this is stil the case, but a little checking would be in order if you plan to use the pars.

This alone would prevent me from using Bris PP's.

Bochall
10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I hope they arent still based on purses. That would leave them WAY off base with the inflated purses nowadays. Pace figs are great, esp late pace for turf races. Thx for the word of caution.

Canarsie
10-13-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a link for 5 pp's for $1.95 first time offer for DRF members. They have to be used within 5-7 days I think. PM me I don't want to put it up and have them pull it that's what usually happens.