PDA

View Full Version : Match-race--Funny Cide vs. Azeri?

Kentucky Bred
05-30-2003, 10:45 PM
OK, maybe I fooled you a bit but I did put in a question-mark!

Anyway, this is still in the taunting stage and things could change a whole lot after the Belmont. But think this is a great idea. This writer is trying to stir the pot and get something going. This is classic Men vs. Women stuff and I'm not sure Funny Cide would win. I consider Azeri to be a simply phenomenal horse in her own right. She also has tactical and brilliant speed with a quality close to boot. I don't see Funny Cide catching her on most tracks.

Nevertheless, the article is cool and I hope the concept of match races in general somehows makes a bit of a comeback. Maybe the Seabiscuit movie will have an influence. Match races are fun and not really about the betting. It is more about the racing and the personalities and personas of the horses involved.

Here's hoping:

http://www.ntra.com/news.asp?type=features&id=8647

Kentucky Bred

Observer
05-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Hate to burst any bubbles, but I'll go out on a limb to say a Funny Cide-Azeri match race will never happen on the race track with these fine living animals .. but maybe in the computer/gaming world? ;)

Storm Cadet
05-31-2003, 03:34 PM
The trainer Azeri stated on TVG last week that she was NOT interested in running against the boys...and she will not ship Azeri anyplace...let all comers come to LA to take her on...would be great for Belmont and NY racing but it'll NEVER happen...

Bubbles
05-31-2003, 09:36 PM
*cough* Ruffian *cough*