PDA

View Full Version : richard's kid wins the classic?

bisket
10-11-2009, 10:55 AM
what is everyone's opinion on this horse. i think he improved even more with his effort in the goodwood. i was hoping to see him running closer or with the group in the first mile in this race. he did exactly what i was hoping to see. 1 1/8 mile is a little short for him at this level. i just think he needs to run a little faster at the beginning of races. he has the stamina to still run his 24 second last 1/4 after faster fractions. i think baffert and a horse like this is a good match. it definately worked well with pioneer of the nile. all i can think about with rich's kid is dick small telling anyone who would listen before the 1994 classic that concern would win. most payed him no mind, and i think the same is happening with me. i'm saying that if he continues training the way he has for the last 2 months he's gonna win. he's gonna pay a bundle. heres concern's breeders cup classic, and bailey's comments after the race is appropriate. if rich is in the same position as concern after a mile; he's got a good chance of getting there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTt7dl261UE

andymays
10-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Gitano Hernando never won a graded race coming into this race. I think it was a weak field for a grade 1 but I could be wrong.

bisket
10-11-2009, 11:00 AM
one little sidelight. rich doesn't need fast early fractions on poly.

Bobzilla
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
As you know Bisket, I kind of have a soft spot for this guy, as I'm sure you do too, and maybe it's clouding my thinking a bit. I think RK and GP could both be two of America's better hopes in the Classic. Unfortunately, if there is a contingent of 1st string and 2nd string Europeans coming over then I'm not sure my hopes are all that strong. What do you think of Zen baby should she go the Classic route?. Do you think her late punch might lose some of its startch at 10f?

bisket
10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Gitano Hernando never won a graded race coming into this race. I think it was a weak field for a grade 1 but I could be wrong.
i agree, but i don't see the field for the classic being much different. just throw in a couple more european horses. the euro's are gonna be overpriced, and your really only going to be doing eeny meeney miney moe picking them. their past performances give you nothing to go by. guessing like this on an overpriced horse just isn't a good betting opprtunity. this is why i'm probably going to be conservative with my exotics. probably an exacta box and or a tri wheel with rich in the 1 hole. i just think rich is ready to improve even more. he's already better than summer bird. that i'm sure of!!!!!

bisket
10-11-2009, 11:23 AM
As you know Bisket, I kind of have a soft spot for this guy, as I'm sure you do too, and maybe it's clouding my thinking a bit. I think RK and GP could both be two of America's better hopes in the Classic. Unfortunately, if there is a contingent of 1st string and 2nd string Europeans coming over then I'm not sure my hopes are all that strong. What do you think of Zen baby should she go the Classic route?. Do you think her late punch might lose some of its startch at 10f?
i really don't know what to do with her if she runs. truthfully i don't like her in the classic. horses that haven't been challenged in a long time get a little stale, and when they are challenged by a horse of equal ability they don't know what to make of it. a mare in a full field of older horses isn't a good spot. especially if she's coming from out of it. i like speed horses better in spots like this. plus the extra distance question. she won't get any money on her nose from me. she'll be an exotic possibilty.