PDA

View Full Version : Picks for Sunday 10/11

Ray2000
10-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Betting Win and Key Box Exactas

Balmoral R10........2 w/9,7 ...Crazy Again ~12/1
conditional claiming NW4, ..34th start on this filly, but sharp

Rideau-Carleton R13.9 w/1,3,7 ...Thomasville Bodeen ~10/1
8 wins but squeaks in NW 2 life on earnings, trails a Quebec shipper who has 81% WPS record

My Picks for Chester a lotta chalk, 2$ tickets ($24 in), lets see what happens....

Daily Double
R1 #7 Virtuous Western-2/1
R2 #2 Track My Desire-6/1

Pic3
R2 #2 Track My Desire-6/1
R3 #4 Passit-3/1
R4 #6 Southwind Mcgraw-4/1

Pic3
R5 #8 Gogo Buckeye-5/2
R6 #3 Lisdean-6/1 and #1 Artsbred Camotion ~5/2
R7 #1 Music Man Nz-9/2

Pic4
R6 #3 Lisdean-6/1 and #1 Artsbred Camotion ~5/2
R7 #1 Music Man Nz-9/2
R8 #6 Blueridge Western-5/2 and #2 Fac Et Spiro A ~7/2
R9 #1 Frog Juice-9/2

Pic3
R8 #6 Blueridge Western-5/2 and #2 Fac Et Spiro A ~7/2
R9 #1 Frog Juice-9/2
R10 #7 Lucky Bettor-3/1

Pic3
R11 #2 Classic Cullen N-9/2
R12 #4 Sadie's Soloist-9/2
R13 #3 Major General-9/2

Pic1 :)
R14 4 Revolutionary Foe-7/2

Good Luck All

Ray2000
10-12-2009, 05:11 AM
-$48
Double Skunked, bad weekend, time for a break

Balmoral R10.........536 no
Rideau-Carleton R13..748 no
Chester
R1...Won
R2...Out
R3...Out
R4...Out
R5...Won
R6...Out
R7...Placed
R8...Placed
R9...Showed
R10..Showed
R11..Placed
R12..Won
R13..Placed
R14..Won

LottaKash
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Ray, I am not sure what to say ?....8 out of 14 at Chester, won or placed....Perhaps a new betting plan, may be in your "Stars".....:jump:....You are certainly good enough...:cool:

best,

Ray2000
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Thx Johnny, but I should stick to double digit longs.

October's always been a 'slim pickins' month for me.

I attribute it to the fact that many harness races have horses with enough starts (>25) that handicapping becomes easier and the crowd makes fewer mistakes and are less likely to leave overlays hanging out there. That means there are a lot more races where there just is no good bet, even if it wins! This contributes to that nebulous "Track Cycle" that you once mentioned.

Good Luck with your picks, (if you can find any goodies, let us know:))

LottaKash
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Thx Johnny, but I should stick to double digit longs.

October's always been a 'slim pickins' month for me.

I attribute it to the fact that many harness races have horses with enough starts (>25) that handicapping becomes easier and the crowd makes fewer mistakes and are less likely to leave overlays hanging out there. That means there are a lot more races where there just is no good bet, even if it wins! This contributes to that nebulous "Track Cycle" that you once mentioned.

Good Luck with your picks, (if you can find any goodies, let us know:))

Yeah Ray, it is a tough time of the year, to say the least.....It even shows in the number of 3* horses....With each passing week there are fewer and fewer of them....I think this "stagnation" period that occurs each season, comes from the fact that many of the racehorses are becoming a bit weary for their year long efforts, as well as the fact that most of the good paying winners (for me) come from some sort of change that occurs with a horse's status, and that the public, often enough, doesn't decipher these changes as well as the more advanced players can and do....These changes are copious and often, early in a meet or the year...Horses shipping in and out, many class changes, and stakes racing contribute to the biggest numbers from those changes....Now that the stakes races are over for the most part, many or most of the horses are just staying at the same old track and just plodding along in the same classes week after boring week....Most of my best scores have something to do with a change of some sort in the horses racing status.....There just aren't that many changes lately.....I am even looking at tracks that I don't normally play, just to find that maybe one change that the crowd may have overlooked at those venues....Slim pickins, tho....Still, like a predator sitting concealed in a hole, I am just waiting for that juicy one to past by "my hole"....:jump:...They are still there, but it's tedious waiting all nite for one....Yesterday, I watched 5 tracks all day and nite long, and I made only 1-play, it was worth it tho....But still, oh so boring, I am getting burned out waiting and watching for almost nothing....haha...

Best of luck Ray, take a well needed and hard earned break.....I am ready also, but I am so "greedy and needy", and addicted as well...:jump:

best,