PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Fizzles......

Hanover1
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Title says it all........

classhandicapper
10-11-2009, 12:47 AM
He had a good pace to close into last time, but I thought he'd run a little better than that today.

InsideThePylons-MW
10-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Bad Karma caused by the jockey switch

WinterTriangle
10-11-2009, 05:38 AM
He barely eaked out a win on Aikenite in the Hopeful. I don't get Dublin.

BTW, what ever happened to Cribnote? I dunno why Dublin made me think of him.

Hanover1
10-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Something certainly amiss when ya go off 3/5 in 6 horse field, and barely get a check (5th). However, Lukas may (hang on folks...) have put up stop sign as he IS known to do, to be ready for next out.......

bisket
10-11-2009, 12:12 PM
stiffed again :lol:

Hanover1
10-11-2009, 12:17 PM
stiffed again :lol:
Im not going there....perhaps an "all out effort" was not what was wanted, is all Im saying. In other words: "If you have to lace him a million times to boot him home", we would rather not" clear enough??

bisket
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
running for president in a couple years ;) you've got a shot :D

Hanover1
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM
running for president in a couple years ;) you've got a shot :D
I am not a minority...no shot :D

bisket
10-11-2009, 12:29 PM
i remember a couple years back when street sense was announced to run in the kentucky cup classic before the breeders cup. well jones made a brilliant move and decided to run hard spun there also. there was absolutley no other speed in the race. i was posting on another board at the time, and said something to the effect that this is brilliant move by jones running hard spun here with no other speed. it puts nafzger in a tough spot because this race is really just a tune up for the cup for street sense. nafzger has a choice of going with hard spun at the beginning to give his horse a chance to win and comprimising street sense in the classic or laying back and finishing second. well i was lambasted for one end to another by other posters about this. i played a straight exacta with hard spun first and street sense second and collected. although as things turned out street sense probably shoulda went with hard spun there.

Hanover1
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
i remember a couple years back when street sense was announced to run in the kentucky cup classic before the breeders cup. well jones made a brilliant move and decided to run hard spun there also. there was absolutley no other speed in the race. i was posting on another board at the time, and said something to the effect that this is brilliant move by jones running hard spun here with no other speed. it puts nafzger in a tough spot because this race is really just a tune up for the cup for street sense. nafzger has a choice of going with hard spun at the beginning to give his horse a chance to win and comprimising street sense in the classic or laying back and finishing second. well i was lambasted for one end to another by other posters about this. i played a straight exacta with hard spun first and street sense second and collected. although as things turned out street sense probably shoulda went with hard spun there.
You saw things as they were, and not thru rose colored glasses. However I disagree with any horse hooking Hard Spun and looking for a win at a mile or less........If backside info indicated he was on the muscle, then its racing for 2nd money.
I recall on national TV where Barclay Tagg ADMITTED he told his jock he was racing for 2nd money, and should favorite falter, then "you will be in a good spot" it payed off............instructions were specific-"Dont try to beat this horse", "Try to beat the rest of them". So many punters would scream bloody murder at this, but it is reality based on logic for horsemen.

bisket
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
i was looking at entries for laurel the other day, and noticed a trainer with the same last name as barcley. does anyone know if this is a relation. just curious