PDA

View Full Version : Horse$ense

Trysharder
05-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Recently bought the Horse$ense program. Really like it except for a few quirk which can be annoying but overall I would rate it very good. Have tried it in a number of ways and it seems like all of them work sometimes but I don't have enough data yet to determine which is the most consistent. Anyone else using this program ? Maybe we can compare notes .

midnight
06-13-2003, 05:13 PM
I feel a chill going up my spine.

Never heard of Horse$sense. Who makes it?

Trysharder
06-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Here's the site:
http://www.ponypicker.com/

kitts
06-14-2003, 04:01 PM
I have hor$ense (I have to buy everything for some reason) and found it adequate. I don't like programs without an owner's manual. The developer answers email promptly but not necessarily with additional explanation. I like the unplayable race feature and the fact it was under $200. I bought it at a discount on eBay. No big negatives but I like others better.

Trysharder
06-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I can't say there isn't a better program but I have checked over a hundred systems and several computer programs (a couple over $500 and one over $1000) and I haven't found anything to match it yet. There may be programs that help a good handicapper more but if you want a "black box" I would have to use one to convince me there is a better program .

cato
06-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Kitts:: If you don't like programs without manuals, how are you dealing with HSH??

inquiring minds want to know...

thanks, cato

kitts
06-15-2003, 12:51 PM
cato-

HSH at least provides video CD training. And I no longer am a HSH member-it was too much for me. Well written and very well supported but not for me.

mainardi
06-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi PA forum folks,

I'm Joe Mainardi, the developer of Hor$ense. I"m a one-man show, so everything starts and ends with me. I've written every line of code, developed al the tools, and ground out all the details... so you can feel free to contact me with any questions you have.

I may not always provide the desired answer the first time, but I always answer the questions until the questioner is either satisfied (or they tell me to stop explaining it in such gory details). In essence, I am the manual.

It doesn't matter whether your a current customer, you can ask Hor$ense questions... I'm also the sales staff!!!