PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Why Keeneland is the #1 meet in the country

Moyers Pond
10-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Keeneland does everything right. If you have not seen it at Keeneland.com, not only do they show their live racing on the internet, but it is now in HIGH DEFINITION.

Explain to me why they can do this but tracks like Del Mar, Saratoga, and Belmont can't.

Talk about making things fan and gambler friendly.

my_nameaintearl
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Keeneland does everything right. If you have not seen it at Keeneland.com, not only do they show their live racing on the internet, but it is now in HIGH DEFINITION.

Explain to me why they can do this but tracks like Del Mar, Saratoga, and Belmont can't.

thats the best live racing stream i have ever seen

Moyers Pond
10-10-2009, 03:26 PM

It really is amazing. It is even great when you expand it to the full monitor size.

I don't understand how other racetracks have not done this. If they made ridiculous agreements where they can't put it on their site then they are just not very clever.

I use twinspires for everything except Keeneland, where the feed on their site is just too good to watch it on Twinspires.

Imriledup
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Polytrack makes them better than if they had real dirt. The results are more 'true'. You don't have random results, the best horse wins.

Moyers Pond
10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Polytrack makes them better than if they had real dirt. The results are more 'true'. You don't have random results, the best horse wins.

I prefer dirt, but the surface they have at Keeneland really is awesome. It is a huge improvement over the old dirt.

Keeneland really is about as close as it gets to European racing. Belmont's turf course is more of a European course but because of the polytrack at Keeneland and because it has such a great location in Lexington, Keeneland really does have the European feel. Even the cold rainy weather. :)

tzipi
10-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm not a "polyturf" person,but that is great quality and a awesome thing to have on the site for bettors and fans. Shame it's not done in NY.

Canarsie
10-10-2009, 06:24 PM

I have a tv card in my computer and compared TVG and Keeneland side by side during the running of the 10th. Lets says it's hands down for Keeneland the silks looked so vivid :ThmbUp:

toetoe
10-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Hooboy. :rolleyes: .

ghostyapper
10-10-2009, 10:58 PM

OTB

Murph
10-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Keeneland (http://www.keeneland.com/default.aspx)

rrbauer
10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
In just two days, I've never seen such awesome video of the wrong horse crossing the finishline first!

:bang:

Valuist
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM

I assume you are joking about this.

illinoisbred
10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I've always thought that both Keeneland and Saratoga represent the best quality in racing this nation has to offer. So many of the elite stables seem to gear-up for these meets.

cosmo96
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
We just came back from Keenland. Everything you say is true. But, there are a few problems. When the weather is bad everyone comes inside, and there isn't enough room. There are too many drunk college kids that huddle in one spot. They are hard to get around. Unless you have alot of time, don't go thru a bar area, you will be closed out.

I overheard a group of kids say that they were amazed at how serious some of the players were. They said that they thought that going to the races was like going to a ballggame.

thespaah
10-11-2009, 08:19 PM
MY first visit to Keeneland was this weekend..I can sum it up very easily. I will be back.
\
The place is just magnificent. It's clean. The staff is pleasant. The racing is good.
Whomever runs that place has it going on. They get it done right. Keeneland is a model for every race track in the country.

Valuist
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
People underestimate the unintended consequences of putting in a synthetic track at some of an areas tracks. For instance, with Hawthorne running now, I find the number of bettable races way down because there's a number of races for 2YOs and 3YOs who've only run on synthetic. Polytrack is in no way similar to real dirt and can't be handicapped that way. Another downside to Keeneland, Arlington and Turfway using it is Churchill's fall meet is virtually unbettable now. Churchill made the decision a few years ago to really showcase 2YO racing in its fall meet but with the majority of runners having run at Kee, AP and TP, these races are totally unhandicappable as most of the runners have never run on real dirt.

jballscalls
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Keeneland is alot of fun!! my second favorite track that i've gone to visit. Santa Anita is still way ahead though for me! but Keeneland is awesome

Grits
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
For those that visited, here, this weekend, or for the first time, yes, Keeneland is lovely, and they do much right. They always have.

As far as the high def TVs, and new flat screens everywhere, and going all digital, etc, etc., while one may ask "why can't all tracks do what Keeneland does, they get it right!"

Yes, they do. But keep in mind, if your local racetrack and its product had the foundation at its base that the Keeneland Organization has had for decades and decades--hey--you would be able to spend money like rolling water off a duck's back too. Having horses going through your sales pavalion's auction ring throughout the year makes for a whole lot in earned income. How many millions would one guess? When a corporation makes so much money that they HAVE to continuously spend money on improvements in order to even begin to, what in reality doesn't even put a dent in the profit line, upgrades are not only, not a problem, they're a viable necessity.

On busy weekends, as this was, I'm beginning to wish they'd build more ladies bathrooms. Something I've never spoken unkindly of, or found to be a problem, as in the past there've been plenty. Everywhere.

The problem I found on Saturday, and its a pretty new one, actually, involved the long, long lines of beer drinking co-eds, READING THEIR MESSAGES AND TEXTING IN THE BATHROOM, IN THE HALLWAY AT THE DOOR TO THE BATHROOM, STANDING OUTSIDE STALL DOORS, you name it, they blocked it. Totally zoned into their conversation via their phone--while failing to move, not to mention, spilling beer while texting, and their friends inquiring, "what'd he say, what'd he say?"

I do hope, one or two, become interested in horses and the sport. From the looks of it, though, even KEENELAND has a long way to go. Because, I assure you all, these young ladies are about as interested in a horse race as I am cattle roping or bull riding.:lol:

And many of the college guys, they appear pretty much the same. I noted few, with even a program in their hands, much less a DRF. So, I'd say, there's concern for the future, too, at what many consider the paradise of racetracks.

BillW
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
long, long lines of beer drinking co-eds,

:ThmbUp: :cool:

Grits
10-12-2009, 07:39 AM
:ThmbUp: :cool:

And if you recall, there were those, I pointed out to you, I didn't want you to miss.

When at the track, its about the sharing of information, always.:lol:

miesque
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I just got back from a fabulous weekend at Keeneland, I had an absolute blast Friday through Sunday (even if I pretty exhausted this morning from sleep deprivation with waking up at 2:45 AM on Friday morning to catch the first plane out and then arriving home well after midnight last night). I was also up at Belmont last Saturday for JCGC Day and even though I had a nice visit and nothing really of note to complain about its a very different experience.

During my brief initial experience at Keeneland this past Spring I realized that the third and fourth floors are where you want to be if you do not appreciate crowds (like I do). And if you are up in the Lexington/Kentucky Dining Room you can very easily get back and forth between your seat and the paddock and if there were some folks standing idle in the path, the users did a great job of politely whisking them to the side.

The fact that there is a crowd at Keeneland and that they actually have a sign or two driving in pointing to Tailgate Parking is somewhat amazing to me. Yes, there is a very social tilt to that segment of the customer base but they keep the energy level up and hopefully at the very least you will have a few lifelong fans develop out of that and maybe a few owners as they move through their respective careers and maybe even a horseplayer or two. You won't get that many but little bit matters.

On a side note, I know I am in the severe minority in this but I appreciate they have such a thing as a dress code at Keeneland for certain areas and that even in general admission areas quite a few take the effort to "clean themselves up." Sure you will see me :rolleyes: and make an occasional acerbic comment regarding the "attire" of some of the gals attendence, but in my opinion its a step up from some tracks where the homeless/just rolled out of bed style of couture is popular among patrons on the first floor.

In just two days, I've never seen such awesome video of the wrong horse crossing the finishline first!

:bang:

:D Well I do have to admit that happened a little more then I would have preferred this weekend.

DJofSD
10-12-2009, 09:16 AM

Keenland does everything right? I looked at a KEE race over the weekend. Where are the colored saddle cloths?

illinoisbred
10-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Keeneland has always been tradition-oriented. I thought it was nice when they didn't have an announcer.

rrbauer
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Keenland does everything right? I looked at a KEE race over the weekend. Where are the colored saddle cloths?

They have them for most races. A few of the tradition-laden stakes do not use them. Keep bitching at them. They do listen.

DJofSD
10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
They have them for most races. A few of the tradition-laden stakes do not use them. Keep bitching at them. They do listen.
Ah ha! I didn't realize that -- thanks for the non-flame explanation.

rrbauer
10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes, they do. But keep in mind, if your local racetrack and its product had the foundation at its base that the Keeneland Organization has had for decades and decades--hey--you would be able to spend money like rolling water off a duck's back too. Having horses going through your sales pavalion's auction ring throughout the year makes for a whole lot in earned income. How many millions would one guess? When a corporation makes so much money that they HAVE to continuously spend money on improvements in order to even begin to, what in reality doesn't even put a dent in the profit line, upgrades are not only, not a problem, they're a viable necessity.

Back in the day lot's of racetracks and racing associations made obscene profits and returned very little of it to making their plant more customer friendly and improving the product. That's one of the reasons that they're either out of biz, living on subsidies or begging for welfare today. Horse racing and its customers need to stop living in the past. It's over! If Keeneland just pocketed its non-racing profits they would be just like all the other outfits. I find it hard to piss on them because of the investment they're making. It is a choice.

On busy weekends, as this was, I'm beginning to wish they'd build more ladies bathrooms. Something I've never spoken unkindly of, or found to be a problem, as in the past there've been plenty. Everywhere.

Easily Keeneland's biggest problem is what to do with big crowds. The problem extends all the way from the parking lots to the bathrooms (as you point out). They need to do more to deal with the crowds or limit access when attendance reaches a certain point. Another area where customers need to keep bitching.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
For those that visited, here, this weekend, or for the first time, yes, Keeneland is lovely, and they do much right. They always have.

As far as the high def TVs, and new flat screens everywhere, and going all digital, etc, etc., while one may ask "why can't all tracks do what Keeneland does, they get it right!"

The problem I found on Saturday, and its a pretty new one, actually, involved the long, long lines of beer drinking co-eds, READING THEIR MESSAGES AND TEXTING IN THE BATHROOM, IN THE HALLWAY AT THE DOOR TO THE BATHROOM, STANDING OUTSIDE STALL DOORS, you name it, they blocked it. Totally zoned into their conversation via their phone--while failing to move, not to mention, spilling beer while texting, and their friends inquiring, "what'd he say, what'd he say?"

I do hope, one or two, become interested in horses and the sport. From the looks of it, though, even KEENELAND has a long way to go. Because, I assure you all, these young ladies are about as interested in a horse race as I am cattle roping or bull riding.:lol:

And many of the college guys, they appear pretty much the same. I noted few, with even a program in their hands, much less a DRF. So, I'd say, there's concern for the future, too, at what many consider the paradise of racetracks.
Unfortuntely the average cell phone user( texting included) is an inconsiderate dolt.
These people( texters and yakkers) get tunnel vision and lose all awareness of other human beings.
This is even more prevalent amongst those under the age of of 30.
Why these people cannot simply take a break from their electronic gadgets is a mystery to me.
As far as I am concerned, that's what voicemail is for.
Anyway, we actually met in the Bluegrass Room. My wife and I were sitting with BillW.
BTW I took a bit of a beating on Saturday as well. It was tough sledding on the handicapping front.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I favor dress codes as well. In my experience I have often wondered if certain people ever heard of a mirror.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
They used all white for their stakes races. A mistake if you ask me.

miesque
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
The place is just magnificent. It's clean. The staff is pleasant.

I just wanted to highlight these two points because its something that technically speaking should be achievable at any racetrack regardless of how much they have or have not spent on capital improvements. Its very simple but is often overlooked. Also while there may be some tracks who have had legitimate reasons why they could not allocate significant money into capital improvements, that does not mean they should get a pass on basic cleaning and maintenance as I consider that to be a cost of doing business.

BillW
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
And if you recall, there were those, I pointed out to you, I didn't want you to miss.

When at the track, its about the sharing of information, always.:lol:

For that, I am eternally grateful. ;)

jonnielu
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM

The youngers in Lexington come out to Keeneland for the social event, most could not care less about the horse racing. They might bet a couple of dollars, if you give them some numbers, but there is "0" interest in learning anything about handicapping.

Unfortunately, Keeneland thinks handicapping and horse racing are the same thing and still can't get this crowd more involved in horseracing by demonstrating the difference. Too bad, because it is a very representative crowd that at least will come out to the track 30 days a year.

Horse racing could learn something from them, if they weren't so busy selling newspapers.

jdl

Tom
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Keeneland has always been tradition-oriented. I thought it
was nice when they didn't have an announcer.

Churchill should try that!:rolleyes:

Does the KEE guy call anywhere else - he is good.

Tom
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
For that, I am eternally grateful. ;)

Hmmmmm, guess I don't have to ask how your vacation is going!
Is that why Tomcat is betting light early in the card? Pre-occupied? :p

BillW
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmmmmm, guess I don't have to ask how your vacation is going!
Is that why Tomcat is betting light early in the card? Pre-occupied? :p

I'm keeping him out of trouble! :D

OTM Al
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
The youngers in Lexington come out to Keeneland for the social event, most could not care less about the horse racing. They might bet a couple of dollars, if you give them some numbers, but there is "0" interest in learning anything about handicapping.

Unfortunately, Keeneland thinks handicapping and horse racing are the same thing and still can't get this crowd more involved in horseracing by demonstrating the difference. Too bad, because it is a very representative crowd that at least will come out to the track 30 days a year.

Horse racing could learn something from them, if they weren't so busy selling newspapers.

jdl

How is this really any different than the so called glory days of racing when the tracks would all be "packed" on big days? Do you really think so many more people were interested in handicapping back then, especially when the available tools were so much cruder? Oh, I'm sure some that have moved on have been put out, but one has to figure the majority of those crowds are today's lotto and scratch off players who went to have a little fun, drink a couple beers and bet numbers in the only legal venue for that.

jonnielu
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
How is this really any different than the so called glory days of racing when the tracks would all be "packed" on big days? Do you really think so many more people were interested in handicapping back then, especially when the available tools were so much cruder? Oh, I'm sure some that have moved on have been put out, but one has to figure the majority of those crowds are today's lotto and scratch off players who went to have a little fun, drink a couple beers and bet numbers in the only legal venue for that.

No, I think that less then half of fans were ever interested in handicapping. The industry continues to fail in recognizing that. Racing offers very little help for the casual fan.

jdl

illinoisbred
10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Churchill should try that!:rolleyes:

Does the KEE guy call anywhere else - he is good.
Back in the 90's, Becker called the races at Arlington for a couple of years. The only other calls I've heard him make are Nascar races for the Motorsport Radio Network . It's been a few years, not sure he still does that.

BillW
10-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Back in the 90's, Becker called the races at Arlington for a couple of years. The only other calls I've heard him make are Nascar races for the Motorsport Radio Network . It's been a few years, not sure he still does that.

How about KD? Just a SWAG

Bochall
10-12-2009, 07:09 PM
MY first visit to Keeneland was this weekend..I can sum it up very easily. I will be back.
\
The place is just magnificent. It's clean. The staff is pleasant. The racing is good.
Whomever runs that place has it going on. They get it done right. Keeneland is a model for every race track in the country. Right on dude...if you visit one track the rest of your life it should be KEE. Went for the opening poly meet in fall 2006 and was stunned by the place...immaculate. Had breakfast at the track kitchen, lunch in their gorgeous paddock, and fine steaks and wine for dinner. Had no clue who to bet in the first race of the meet so I swang for it with Bejarano on some bomb(why not eh?) and he got up, hence the steak n wine. Visit the horsefarms if you can or just drive the roads around Lexington. You will stumble upon Winstar, Three Chimneys etc...By the way, Calumet is right next door to KEE.

Bochall
10-12-2009, 07:20 PM
...almost done here...Also saw Ken Ramsey buy a few $20 win tix on a horse he had running at Bel and GIVE THEM AWAY to a few young patrons; all of them cute lil girls. His horse won and paid a modest $7 or so...long story short, we had good seats. r:liar:

proximity
10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
People underestimate the unintended consequences of putting in a synthetic track at some of an areas tracks. For instance, with Hawthorne running now, I find the number of bettable races way down because there's a number of races for 2YOs and 3YOs who've only run on synthetic. Polytrack is in no way similar to real dirt and can't be handicapped that way. Another downside to Keeneland, Arlington and Turfway using it is Churchill's fall meet is virtually unbettable now. Churchill made the decision a few years ago to really showcase 2YO racing in its fall meet but with the majority of runners having run at Kee, AP and TP, these races are totally unhandicappable as most of the runners have never run on real dirt.

great post and especially true if you're using the new moss figures from drf.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
CApital improvements are part of it. BUt many racetracks are short on funds.
That should not prevent these places from cleaning painting and destenching.
Also, it is no effort to instruct all staff to treat track patrons as valued customers.
Racetracks fail miserably on this issue.
ATTN Racetrack managers, if you treat us better, and make sure those who are not there know this( this is called marketing), more of us will show up.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Here is Becker's bio from Motor Racing Network.....

http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/announcers.cfm/cat/Announcers
Kurt Becker, Booth Announcer/Turn Announcer

Kurt made his MRN debut in September of 1994 as a turn announcer. Today, his duties still include turn announcing but also single-event anchor. Residing in Altamont, IL his entire life, Kurt also works in the Thoroughbred industry as a track announcer at Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington, Ky., and he is the former voice of Churchill Downs--the home of the Kentucky Derby. In 2007, he was named one of the 10 best announcers in the history of the equine sport in the book "The Best and Worst of Thoroughbred Racing," published by Daily Racing Form. Kurt is also an announcer for Thoroughbred auctions at venues in Kentucky and Canada and since January of 2006, he has additionally served as the announcer for the Barrett-Jackson classic car events.

thespaah
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Right on dude...if you visit one track the rest of your life it should be KEE. Went for the opening poly meet in fall 2006 and was stunned by the place...immaculate. Had breakfast at the track kitchen, lunch in their gorgeous paddock, and fine steaks and wine for dinner. Had no clue who to bet in the first race of the meet so I swang for it with Bejarano on some bomb(why not eh?) and he got up, hence the steak n wine. Visit the horsefarms if you can or just drive the roads around Lexington. You will stumble upon Winstar, Three Chimneys etc...By the way, Calumet is right next door to KEE.
ON my next trip up I'll take more time to have a look around..
We went for breakfast at the works..That was fun. I was pretty impressed at the number of people in attendance.
I didn't see any directional signs for the track kitchen which I have been told has some pretty good food. Nothing fancy . Just standard but well prepared breakfast fare.
One thing I'd like to see on KEE's website is a more detailed map of the plant. Perhaps a pdf file map where the user could increase the size of the map. This would help new patrons find their way around more easily.

BillW
10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
ON my next trip up I'll take more time to have a look around..
We went for breakfast at the works..That was fun. I was pretty impressed at the number of people in attendance.
I didn't see any directional signs for the track kitchen which I have been told has some pretty good food. Nothing fancy . Just standard but well prepared breakfast fare.
One thing I'd like to see on KEE's website is a more detailed map of the plant. Perhaps a pdf file map where the user could increase the size of the map. This would help new patrons find their way around more easily.

If you looked out the window from the table to your right, the track kitchen is at the far end of that shed row a few 100 yds. away (I'm bad at estimating distance :confused: ).

WinterTriangle
10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Why does going to the track have to involve handicapping?

I often go to Oaklawn with no plans of wagering, even though I know *how* to handicap. They still make $$ off me for parking, drinks, food, etc.

There are people on this board who love racing and don't wager.

Horse racing can be just entertainment.

illinoisbred
10-13-2009, 07:01 AM
CApital improvements are part of it. BUt many racetracks are short on funds.
That should not prevent these places from cleaning painting and destenching.
Also, it is no effort to instruct all staff to treat track patrons as valued customers.
Racetracks fail miserably on this issue.
ATTN Racetrack managers, if you treat us better, and make sure those who are not there know this( this is called marketing), more of us will show up.
Does anyone know if Keeneland is still a not-for- profit operation?

Java Gold@TFT
10-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't understand the ongoing complaints about colored saddle clothes. When I watched Keeneland this weekend they had Trackus in high def and I had no problem figuring out where the horses were with the color coded numbers represented on the bottom of the screen. 15 years ago you could bitch about no track anouncer but the colored saddle clothes are just a joke. If you are that concerned about watching one horse then download a program that includes silks colors. Owners spend a lot of money to buy them for more reasons than just a pretty picture in the winner's circle.

DJofSD
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Java, I complained b/c I was at an OTB watching on a projection TV that was not HD. Trakus chicklets were visible and were only useful because they, I think, are color coded. But the stakes race I watched did not have the colored clothes, so, the benefit of Trakus was somewhat lost.

Sure, Trakus gives you a way to follow it but as long as the horses are still wearing a saddle cloth with a number on it then using colors makes it just a little bit easier to follow the action. With or without Trakus.

Grits
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Unfortuntely the average cell phone user( texting included) is an inconsiderate dolt.
These people( texters and yakkers) get tunnel vision and lose all awareness of other human beings.
This is even more prevalent amongst those under the age of of 30.
Why these people cannot simply take a break from their electronic gadgets is a mystery to me.
As far as I am concerned, that's what voicemail is for.
Anyway, we actually met in the Bluegrass Room. My wife and I were sitting with BillW.
BTW I took a bit of a beating on Saturday as well. It was tough sledding on the handicapping front.

Spaah, it was nice meeting you and your wife on Saturday. When at Keeneland next, pass on "breakfast with the works." Once is enough, though, I never made "the once," after going in the track kitchen. The track kitchen is good; its clean, nice and well kept. And to find it, one simply walks all the way through, or past, the barn area to the rear of the property. Its located there.

If you're driving in--come in the ManOWar entrance, not the main, come up the drive and take a right at the barn area. Drive all the way around; bearing to the left. The kitchen is on the hill, on the right, not far from the black water tower, a small, unflashy, glass and concrete building. There's parking in front of it, and to the side.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting you all, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

***And DJofSD, I agree with you. Trackus is good, chiclets that they are--they're helpful. Still, Keeneland can easily apply their stake's name to colored cloths. I wish they'd forego the like saddlecloths for STAKES races.

Unless one is sitting in the grandstand with binoculars up, it tends to cause one to pay more attention to chiclet enhancement, as opposed to watching a horse race.

andymays
10-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Total Handle at Keeneland Up 10% Thus Far | BloodHorse.com

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53001/total-handle-at-keeneland-up-10-thus-far

Excerpt:

“The increases are a testimony to the outstanding quality of racing and large, competitive fields during opening weekend and during the first week of the meeting,” Keeneland director of racing Rogers Beasley said in a statement. “The horsemen have been extremely supportive, and the figures give us optimism for the remaining 12 days of the fall meeting.”

Field size through the first five days of racing has averaged 10.13 horses per race, up from 10.06 for the first five days of the 2008 fall meet, according to The Jockey Club Information Systems.

Cat Thief
10-16-2009, 06:16 PM
It is excellent living racing video.

11cashcall
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I prefer dirt, but the surface they have at Keeneland really is awesome. It is a huge improvement over the old dirt.

Keeneland really is about as close as it gets to European racing. Belmont's turf course is more of a European course but because of the polytrack at Keeneland and because it has such a great location in Lexington, Keeneland really does have the European feel. Even the cold rainy weather. :)

Agree, but you have to experience WOX turf course racing in person,esp in the fall.You'd swear that you were across the pond.

btw if you have a chance,checkout WOX this Sat. for the International Stks. with some euro shippers running.Great racing & this one usually offers some value.

Moyers Pond
10-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Agree, but you have to experience WOX turf course racing in person,esp in the fall.You'd swear that you were across the pond.

btw if you have a chance,checkout WOX this Sat. for the International Stks. with some euro shippers running.Great racing & this one usually offers some value.

I have been there. I love it. I will definitely be watching today. It is some of the best turf racing in the world.