Thoughts on:

Zenyatta...
Rachel...
HOTY...
Animal Planet's Jockeys...
And more...

http://www.equidaily.com/bestbet/guest/2009/1009.html

Excerpt:

Christina Olivares will be part of a trio of TVG crews broadcasting important Breeders' Cup preps this weekend from Belmont, Keeneland and Santa Anita/Oak Tree. Equidaily caught up with the popular TVG personality and, with Zenyatta poised this weekend to help continue the theme of 2009 as the year-of-the-female in racing, we posed some timely questions...

tucker6
10-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I like Zenyatta, but the following quote was over the top, IMHO.

"She can overcome a slow pace, she can chase a fast pace, she can weave her way through traffic, and she's talented enough to take the longest path around and literally run circles around her competition. One stride for her is two for the competition...."

Then the next question talks about the close call last time out. How appropriate. I guess the second place horse fell exhausted at the finish line having taken twice as many steps as Zenyatta did during the race.

Watcher
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think she meant this literally...

andymays
10-10-2009, 10:24 AM
The tough part for anyone like Christina is that it's easy to fall into the trap of promoting various connections or Race Tracks instead of getting information from them and getting it to the public.

Christina is one of my favorites because of her pre race interviews. She usually interviews the right connections and asks the right questions.

SaratogaSteve
10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Christina understands the value behind 'Jockeys' 100%. Well put.