PDA

View Full Version : Please Don't Lose Zenyatta!

CBedo
10-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Am I the only one perverse enough to be praying Zenyatta doesn't lose tomorrow so I can bet against her on Breeder's Cup day?

Imriledup
10-10-2009, 05:19 AM
No.

In fact, you should bet a ton against her tomorrow because you'll make so much money betting against her on BC day if she wins tomorrow, that you will more than make up for your losses.

bob77713
10-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Nope, I was thinking of trying to beat her with Cocoa Beach or Briecat. Instead I'll single Zenyatta in the P6 carryover and beat her in the BC.

I tried to beat her last year in the BC, betting the mortgage money on Cocoa Beach. Between the losing and my old man riding me for a year, I want pay backs. I'd rather do it in the BC than the Lady's Secret race.

andymays
10-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Her stablemate moves up over the Pro Ride.

lamboguy
10-10-2009, 08:38 AM
i just hope everyone is happy

Java Gold@TFT
10-10-2009, 08:40 AM
The only really good thing that could come out of a Zenyatta loss is that if Moss/Shireffs want to make any kind of a statement about her she will have to run in the Classic and not the Distaff.

Steve R
10-10-2009, 10:23 AM
The only really good thing that could come out of a Zenyatta loss is that if Moss/Shireffs want to make any kind of a statement about her she will have to run in the Classic and not the Distaff.
What's the chance she will be retired if she loses and not run in the BC at all?

joanied
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Putting aside the handicappers wanting to beat her...and the fact that if she gets beat today, her connections might run her in the Classic (which I don't think they'd do anyway) or that hse might be retired if she gets beat today...

Go, Zenyatta...13 awaits you:jump: :jump: :jump:
:) :) :) (warm & fuzzy:D )

jballscalls
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
i'm rooting for Zenyatta just because it's fun to watch a good horse do what she does best......win!

GaryG
10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I am rooting for her because of Joanie but I will have a small bet on Cocoa Beach.

joanied
10-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I am rooting for her because of Joanie but I will have a small bet on Cocoa Beach.

Awshucks:blush: ...thanks GaryG...when she starts making her move and you hear a far away yelling and screaming...that'll be yours truly:jump: :jump: :jump: ...if she starts making her move and doesn't get there...what you hear won't be a wild animal in pain...it'll be yours truly:( :( :( ...
that wager on Cocao Beach...make it for the place:D ;) :D

have yourself a wonderful weekend...we are freezing:ThmbDown: here in Wyoming!!

CBedo
10-10-2009, 01:51 PM
It's pretty chilly here in Denver as well Joanie. Where are you in Wyoming? One of my best friends lives in Buffalo.

GaryG
10-10-2009, 01:52 PM
It's pretty chilly here in Denver as well Joanie. Where are you in Wyoming? One of my best friends lives in Buffalo.It is 14 deg in Cheyenne where my kids live.

joanied
10-10-2009, 03:04 PM
CBedo & GaryG...
Cheyenne is notorious for the cold...bet you don't visit :eek: with your kids much in the winter, GaryG:D ...are your kids going to college down there? Just curious.

Denver is usually warmer than we are up here...my brother lived in Ft Collins for a few years...
we are in the northern part of WY., CBedo...Buffalo is on the eastern side of the Big Horn Mtn's (I used to live on that side, years ago...in a small town called Dayton)...we're on the western side...Powell...we're about 10 miles from the southern border of Montana...and about 50 miles east of Yellowstone Park (and 20 miles east of Cody)...we had 6 degrees this morning, but it warmed :rolleyes: up to 16 now:) ...we'll be in the single digits for a few more days, with snow now & then...it's put a halt to our sugar beet harvest (they have sugar beets down there in CO. too)...the ground is too frozen and we can't run the equipment when it's like that...we are very worried about the crop now...if we can't get all the beets we have left in the ground dug & delivered(105 acres)..well, we'll be close to broke:( :faint: ...and this year's harvest, since we finally got 'Round Up Ready' sugar beet seed, is looking great...good sugar content and very high yeilds...and now Mother Nature has screwed us up...bad, bad, bad:mad:

You guys have a good one...try to stay warm...I just went out to feed my horses a little extra hay to help them stay warm!!

CBedo
10-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Denver is usually warmer than we are up here.Not that much warmer today. The thermometer on my deck says 19 degrees.

Java Gold@TFT
10-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Not that much warmer today. The thermometer on my deck says 19 degrees.
Good thing the Rockies made the playoffs so that the people in the stands don't have to worry about their beer getting warm. :)

joanied
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Good thing the Rockies made the playoffs so that the people in the stands don't have to worry about their beer getting warm. :)

And let's hope they all drink Budweiser...they'll be drinking our malt barley...this Bud's for you, Java Gold:jump: ...I guess they are fuguring on temps in the 20's for tonight's game...but, I don't care...I'm still a Brooklyn Dodger fan:lol: ...
but...Go Bronco's:)

CBedo
10-10-2009, 06:17 PM
No Rockies game today. They decided to push it off until tomorrow when it's supposed to be good bit warmer.

MNslappy
10-10-2009, 07:35 PM
WOW
she beat the same group of horses she always beats

:sleeping:

it was fun for the first 8 or 9 times, but now it's just....boring....

Congrats....I guess...

Tom
10-10-2009, 07:35 PM
13 for 13.
Say hello to Personal Ensign.

Against a very slow pace, she gets it done again.

WinterTriangle
10-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Zenyatta, the queen. Ears pricked, I love watching that big loping stride she has, huge stride, didn't even need the whip. She was swishing her tail in post parade like she's the boss.

I didn't bet against her, BTW. :)

bisket
10-10-2009, 07:38 PM
i did :faint:

WinterTriangle
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
now it's just....boring....

Never found anything about Zen boring. As a thoroughbred, with beauty, personality, magical being.

Standing in the winners circle, still doing her little leg dancing.

I could sit in a lawn chair and watch her in a field, all day, in and out.

There is a quality about her that just TRANCENDS what she does in the racing arena. It goes beyond running on the track in a race.

CBedo
10-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Zenyatta, the queen. Ears pricked, I love watching that big loping stride she has, huge stride, didn't even need the whip. She was swishing her tail in post parade like she's the boss.

I didn't bet against her, BTW. :)Me either, but I did enjoy just sitting back and watching her. Hopefully, I'll be betting against her in the BC.

Robert Fischer
10-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Am I the only one perverse enough to be praying Zenyatta doesn't lose tomorrow so I can bet against her on Breeder's Cup day?

nope. It's generally a good sign when you have feelings like that. It indicates that you have some sense of the pools and have some sense of strategy over at least some timeframe.

joanied
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
i did :faint:

:lol: ...no new shoes for da bisket;)

joanied
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I posted my feelings about Z in another thread this morning...Winter T, you said it all...
I could never tire of watching this gret mare...in fact, watched the race again this morning...her little dance steps never fail to bring a smile to my face...she really does have an incredible personality...I can't even think of the right words to express my feelings for her...the folks that get to be with her every day are going to have a huge void in their lives when she leaves for the farm...you cannot help but fall madly in love with her...and this race was awesome...she had a little more compettion this time...and beat them so easily...awesome...but, after the race, you could see that she was 'saying'...is that all...can't I run some more...as if she's telling her connections she needs to run more often, she needs to face better fields and beat them too...Moss & Sherriff's are doing her a great injustice by palying it so safe...and they know she could beat the boys...they know they could run her more often...I just do not get it...but, it's all moot now, because after the BC...and we all know it'll be the Distaff...she's off to the breeding shed...and that is going to be a sad day for racing.
One thing...she's gonna make a fabulous mama...with her intelligence & personality, I would love to get a chance to see her with her babies.

Zenyatta:jump: :jump: :jump:

GaryG
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Put the field away with her quick decisive move and it was lights out. With her personality she would be a great addition to KHP, but she is worth a lot more elsewhere! I'd rather see her go out undefeated with the Distaff rather than taking a chance of getting drilled in the Classic. Watch those snowdrifts Joanie.....they are sledding in Cheyenne today.

joanied
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Put the field away with her quick decisive move and it was lights out. With her personality she would be a great addition to KHP, but she is worth a lot more elsewhere! I'd rather see her go out undefeated with the Distaff rather than taking a chance of getting drilled in the Classic. Watch those snowdrifts Joanie.....they are sledding in Cheyenne today.

:ThmbUp: Yes indeed...ain't she just somethin' :jump: ...the else where is the Moss farm, or wherever they send her to be bred...KHP would sure be great when her broodmare career is over. I'm so curious as to wether or not Moss has decided on a particular stallion for Zenyatta...maybe Curlin...wouldn't that be ironic!!

No snowdrifts up here, GaryG...have a little snow on the ground...our high temp today was 18...looks like a warming trend starts about Tues. This deep freeze has screwed us badly...we may loose about 105 acres of sugar beets...:mad: :(

Later...gotta feed my horses...and see if the Bronco's can pull this one off:bang: