PDA

View Full Version : Feed LaRussa to the whales

alytim
10-09-2009, 08:24 AM
LaRussa is the most overrated manager in baseball history. Ankiel or Schumaker should have been playing left in the ninth inning. Holliday is an average outfielder on his very best day. Tony is better suited to manage a wine tasting or a PETA march.

rrbauer
10-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Holliday is an average outfielder on his very best day.

I think that Holliday "waved" at a couple in left field in the '07 Series. The Cardinals are complaining about the Dodgers white rally-towels screwing up the background. The Dodgers should send a box of those towels over to the Cardinal's dugout to mop up the tears.

oddsmaven
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
LaRussa's the master of over-managing...in a post season game, I'm leaving my ace in when he's pitching a 3 hitter, with only one walk going into the 9th...yeah, Franklin has had a good year, BUT he had blown 3 of his last 4 save chances (now 4 out of 5), so in a tight game, I'd stay with the guy who I know is sharp that day instead of going to my pen including a slumping closer...he was victimized by the drop, but then gave up two walks and two hits to the next four hitters.

OTM Al
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
To be honest the more I thought about it I really think the Cards are the weakest of the NL teams. Yes, they have a couple really good hitters and a couple really good pitchers, but this team played a majority of games in what turned out to be a very weak NL central and yet had the worst record of the division winners. Never liked LaRussa much as a manager either. There is no excuse for those 3 As teams he had of not all winning, but he only got one and I have to put that on him.

ghostyapper
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
To be honest the more I thought about it I really think the Cards are the weakest of the NL teams. Yes, they have a couple really good hitters and a couple really good pitchers, but this team played a majority of games in what turned out to be a very weak NL central and yet had the worst record of the division winners. Never liked LaRussa much as a manager either. There is no excuse for those 3 As teams he had of not all winning, but he only got one and I have to put that on him.

I wouldn't use their regular season record as an indicator to where they rank in the nl. Remember carpenter missed about a month and they didn't get holliday until the second half of the season. They finished their last 10 games at 2-8 due to having such a big division lead.

The dodgers got off to a fast start in the nl west while all the other teams in that division were playing bad baseball. Since july the cards have been a better team than the dodgers.

ezrabrooks
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't use their regular season record as an indicator to where they rank in the nl. Remember carpenter missed about a month and they didn't get holliday until the second half of the season. They finished their last 10 games at 2-8 due to having such a big division lead.

The dodgers got off to a fast start in the nl west while all the other teams in that division were playing bad baseball. Since july the cards have been a better team than the dodgers.

I think all of the NL play off teams limped in the final 10 games.

Ez

OTM Al
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Since july the cards have been a better team than the dodgers.

Sure haven't been of late. Can't see them coming back from this one. Dodgers look to be the team to me. Phil's pitching is starting to look bad outside of Lee, but guess they might be able to hit their way out. I'm thinking Dodgers vs Yanks or Angels in the WS. Probably Yanks, but that Angels team has some guts to it.

Pell Mell
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
LaRussa's the master of over-managing...in a post season game, I'm leaving my ace in when he's pitching a 3 hitter, with only one walk going into the 9th...yeah, Franklin has had a good year, BUT he had blown 3 of his last 4 save chances (now 4 out of 5), so in a tight game, I'd stay with the guy who I know is sharp that day instead of going to my pen including a slumping closer...he was victimized by the drop, but then gave up two walks and two hits to the next four hitters.

I had been a Card fan for 60 yrs. but 10yrs ago, because of TLR and his terrible handling of pitchers, I quit watching them. He's the most overated manager in the history of the game.

TLR Suuuuuuuucks!:mad:

njcurveball
10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
LaRussa is the most overrated manager in baseball history. Ankiel or Schumaker should have been playing left in the ninth inning. Holliday is an average outfielder on his very best day. Tony is better suited to manage a wine tasting or a PETA march.

Larussa is far from my favorite, but this was a 2-1 game on the road. Holliday was due up 4th in the 10th if the Dodgers tied it. Imagine the Larussa haters then if Holliday's spot came up and he had been pulled for a defensive replacement and the Dodgers walked Pujouls to get to Ankiel or Schumaker.

I don't think it is asking too much of a Major League outfielder to catch a ball hit to him.