Good Luck

GaryG
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Last week: 0-2
Season: 3-2

Dallas -9

Java Gold@TFT
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I haven't participated in this thread yet but without redboadring I am 8-3 so far this year with my Bodog account. Last week was 2-1

This week I am lookig at:

Vikings (-10)

San Fran (-2 1/2)

Colts (-3)

Jets (-2)

Still struggling with the idea of taking Carolina but two truly bad teams don't make a wise bet. Also still looking for an underdog to play on the money line.

pktruckdriver
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
DOLPHINS WON , WOW 1-3

STRAIGHT UP WINS NO POINTS

RAVENS

GIANTS

STEELERS

DOLPHINS

EAGLES

COLTS

CARDS

VIKINGS

THATS ENOUGH

Valuist
10-11-2009, 10:54 AM
last week: 3-1 YTD: 10-9

Cincy +9---I went with Balt every week until they didn't cover, which was last week. I was expecting this line in the neighborhood of 6-6.5,

Philly -16---Sucker bet? Maybe for most teams but when Reid's teams face a garbage can, they just blow them out. And this is the ultimate garbage can.

At/SF UNDER 43 (bet earlier in the week)
NE/Denv UNDER 41 1/2
Indy/TENN OVER 44 1/2---Tenn is horrible against the pass and Indy's not great against the run.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2009, 07:02 PM
oops!

that looked bad when the ref threw a flag on the patriots DB BEFORE the "taunting" took place.

cj
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Another pretty bad week for officials. It seems the new thing for the week was "forward progress was stopped and that is not reviewable".

Obviously it didn't matter, but the Giants clearly recovered a fumble from a runner that wasn't down today and would have returned it for an easy touchdown. The ref first said the runner was ruled "down by contact", but then when the Giants threw the challenge flag it changed to the forward progress excuse. I saw it used at least two other times today.

The Ravens are pretty clearly never going to get a call from the refs.

The "taunting" call was ridiculous as well. As somebody mentioned, the flag was out before he did anything. The announcer tried to say there was another flag thrown, but it was never shown.

Was there ever a clearer case of taunting than the Cardinals DB when he was returning the interception for the winning TD? I don't know if that was called or not since I only saw the highlight, but the play stood.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Another pretty bad week for officials. It seems the new thing for the week was "forward progress was stopped and that is not reviewable".

Obviously it didn't matter, but the Giants clearly recovered a fumble from a runner that wasn't down today and would have returned it for an easy touchdown. The ref first said the runner was ruled "down by contact", but then when the Giants threw the challenge flag it changed to the forward progress excuse. I saw it used at least two other times today.

The "taunting" call was ridiculous as well. As somebody mentioned, the flag was out before he did anything. The announcer tried to say there was another flag thrown, but it was never shown.

Was there ever a clearer case of taunting than the Cardinals DB when he was returning the interception for the winning TD? I don't know if that was called or not since I only saw the highlight, but the play stood.

:ThmbUp:Exactly. That Cardinals TD play was blatant. Either allow them to act like fools or have a taunting rule. It's hard to have both. What if the defender ripped his head off in retaliation? Taunting should apply during the play as well.

There was another funny one in the Eagles Bucs game, where a Bucs apparent fumble was returned for a touchdown by an Eagles linebacker (sending the game into an early pointless blowout) and there was a question of whether the runner had established possession from the brief time the ball passed between his hip & the side of his hand. The TV crew actually twice used "pause" to stop the frame when he had the ball pinned as "proof" :D of whether he had established possesion. No live-speed or even slo-mo! replay was shown. Obviously just the TV crew's abuse of the replay, and the refs would never shape a blowout but frustrating/funny nonetheless.
These guys all get extra scrutiny after the seemingly honest NBA b-ball ref(s) who shaved points for years.
Nobody's perfect, and they don't have to be extraordinary, but consistency and common sense go a LONG way.

headhawg
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Patriots -3
Falcons + 2.5
Steelers -10.5

9-3 YTD1 -2 this week. YTD 10-5

Ugh. I thought that I had a better handle on things. I thought Pittsburgh would start rolling after that Chargers game, and I thought the Broncos were pretenders. 5-0? They looked awful in the pre-season.

Not too many people shouting about the Ravens anymore though.

ghostyapper
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM

This seems to be a new defense for officials when they make a terrible call, they say that the call was forward progress had stopped even though it wasn't. The other game was the pats and broncos where they called it.

On the taunting penalty (it was a legit call I believe) what I think happened was he initially threw the flag for a late hit but when the refs gathered and realized how bogus a call that was, they changed it to a taunt.

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Bills ( -6 )

Bengals ( +8.5 )

49rs ( -2.5 )

Colts ( -3.5 )

This week : 2-2
Season : 19-9

Glad I didn't go any deeper this week . Lot of surprises .

cj's dad
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
1 -2 this week. YTD 10-5

Ugh. I thought that I had a better handle on things. I thought Pittsburgh would start rolling after that Chargers game, and I thought the Broncos were pretenders. 5-0? They looked awful in the pre-season.

Not too many people shouting about the Ravens anymore though.

I questioned the secondary early on - Foxworth is the weak link and other than Ed Reed, the remainder are mediocre at best.

The other thing is that something is apparently going on with McGahee, AGAIN.
2 touches yesterday- he must be in the doghouse for a change.
Tough game this week vs. the Vikes in Minesota.

sandpit
10-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Cleveland 6 - Buffalo 3: Let me say, I had no stake in this fiasco and am not a fan of either team. But, they should refund the ticket price to everyone who attended this game. If there ever was an argument against further expansion of the league, this is it. The Browns had more penalty yards than passing yards (29-23). Their QB was a stellar 2 for 17, and their idiot coach left him in the game. How bad must the backup be; they would do better if they traded for Jamarcus Russell. There were 16 punts in the game. The teams were a combined 10 for 33 on third downs and 0 for 4 in the red zone. And as bad as Cleveland was, Buffalo outgained them by about 100 yards and still managed to lose. The LA Angels outscored both of them on Sunday...it's gonna be a long season for the teams in the snow belt.

Bochall
10-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Outside of the Saints and Giants I am not impressed by any other team in the league. Eliminate the bottom teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Tampa Bay and you can put the rest in a hopper and draw names.

ghostyapper
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Outside of the Saints and Giants I am not impressed by any other team in the league. Eliminate the bottom teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Tampa Bay and you can put the rest in a hopper and draw names.

How could you not be impressed by the colts? There offense has been almost unstoppable.

Marshall Bennett
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Colts may be the best in the league at this point . Manning is at the top of his game . He ripped the Titans secondary apart . Their defense is improving every game . I still can't believe the colts were only a 3 pt. favorite , they should have been 10 . The Colts are that good , and the Titans that bad .

cj
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
The Colts have beaten mostly stiffs. The Cardinals are fair, the other four stink. The combined record of their opponents is 7 - 16.

Valuist
10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Before we annoint the Giants as the next Super Bowl winner, we have to take into account their schedule so far: Oakland, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay. And lets throw in Washington, who has to be one of the worst 2-3 teams I've ever seen.

rastajenk
10-12-2009, 09:54 PM
The Colts have beaten mostly stiffs. The Cardinals are fair, the other four stink. The combined record of their opponents is 7 - 16. Yes, but they are beating the snot out of them, like they're supposed to do with bad teams. They don't seem to care for those character-building, we-played-poorly-but-still-a-win's-a-win kind of games. Yet. Same for Giants.

ghostyapper
10-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Before we annoint the Giants as the next Super Bowl winner, we have to take into account their schedule so far: Oakland, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay. And lets throw in Washington, who has to be one of the worst 2-3 teams I've ever seen.

They absolutely destroyed oakland, tampa, and kc. No 1 is giving them the trophy yet but up until this point they are the clear best team in the league.

ghostyapper
10-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I know they were bad opponents but look at the giants yardage totals the last 3 weeks

397-86
429-193
483-124

They cannot be more impressive

Valuist
10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
last week: 3-1 YTD: 10-9

Cincy +9---I went with Balt every week until they didn't cover, which was last week. I was expecting this line in the neighborhood of 6-6.5,

Philly -16---Sucker bet? Maybe for most teams but when Reid's teams face a garbage can, they just blow them out. And this is the ultimate garbage can.

At/SF UNDER 43 (bet earlier in the week)
NE/Denv UNDER 41 1/2
Indy/TENN OVER 44 1/2---Tenn is horrible against the pass and Indy's not great against the run.

3-2 on the week, 13-11 YTD

Valuist
10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
They absolutely destroyed oakland, tampa, and kc. No 1 is giving them the trophy yet but up until this point they are the clear best team in the league.

They may or may not be, but they are not CLEARLY the best team. What about Minnesota, New Orleans and Indy? We'll find out about how the Giants and Saints match up this weekend.

pktruckdriver
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
DOLPHINS ON A ROLL 2 IN A ROW 2-3 WOW

Didn't do too bad this week either, okay

STRAIGHT UP WINS NO POINTS

RAVENS lost

GIANTS won

STEELERS won

DOLPHINS won

EAGLES won

COLTS won

CARDS won