PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Fall

miesque
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there will be a few members of the HANA Board of Directors at Keeneland during the Fall Meet just in case anyone wanted to meet up. I will be at Keeneland tomorrow through Sunday, Bill will be there the entire meet, Dean will be there next week with Charlie the following week. If you would like to meet with anybody shoot them a PM.

Grits
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Theresia, we spoke last weekend about being here this weekend. I hope tomorrow's weather is better, (mighty iffy)--than late this afternoon. It has POURED buckets. Still overcast, with the front passing tomorrow, the weekend sounds gorgeous and much cooler temperatures.

Its poly. One shouldn't care about the rain--this being one of the main reasons for such a monumental investment.

I'm not HANA but I'll be here through Monday.

Be safe, and have a good flight.

miesque
10-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Grits. My flight is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning around the same time thunderstorms are forecast to roll in, so it should be interesting (hopefully not too interesting). I will shoot you a note after I get to town.

I am assuming with the rain today plus the very likely additional rain tomorrow that there should certainly be some give in the ground for Saturday's turf stakes. I do very much appreciate the synthetics when it rains makes life a lot easier for me from a handicapping perspective versus sloppy/muddy (not to mention for the horses as well, its the time it makes the most difference in my humble opinion).