PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Double Figs

PastDue
10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
These selections are "Double Figs" (or better). That means that these horses' last two speed figures are both higher than the last two figs of every other horse in the race. This is a stand alone break-even strategy (or a slight loss of one or two percentage points) over the long haul. The trick is to eliminate those double figs that may not make it into the winner's circle due to some flaw.

BEL--Race 2, #5 (flawed, don't bet)
CRC--Race 4, #1 (flawed, don't bet)
CT--Race 8, #2 (triple fig)
FNO-Race 8, #3
FL--Race 7, #4 (triple fig)
HAW--Race 4, #7
HOO--Race 3, #8, Race 9 #1 (quad fig)
LRL--Race 4, #3, Race 8, #1
MED--Race 1, #1
PEN--Race 2, #5
TDN--Race 8, #10
TP--Race, #5

Horses with triple figs or quad figs win a greater percentage of the time but the average odds are lower. Still, trips and quads provide a decent ROI.

PastDue
10-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Correction:

TP--Race 9, #5

markgoldie
10-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Are These Beyer figs? If so, Beyer described a so-called "omni" fig horse which as I recall was what you would call a triple fig. Very high win percentage, but somewhat negative roi.

PastDue
10-08-2009, 10:51 AM
These aren't the Beyer figs but my guess is the Beyers would be close to what I come up with since most speed figures usually come to the same conclusion

The Omni Fig of which Beyer wrote about is a rare bird. It means that the horse in question has higher figs for every race in the pps than every other horse in the race.