PDA

View Full Version : Atswhatimtalknbout

PaceAdvantage
05-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Nice work on Wednesday...NOT

Went a mile in 1:46.80...plus he threw a shoe....

Trainer Ellis STILL hasn't withdrawn from the Belmont, even after wondering aloud if Atswhatimtalknbout is "protecting himself" after his foot injury.

I can only imagine what people would be saying at this point if Lukas were training this horse.....but since it's Ellis, I guess he gets a criticism pass......

==PA

Kentucky Bred
05-29-2003, 10:23 PM
PA

In my opinion a one-mile work is a very serious workout. It is definitely not a workout you give a horse that has a foot injury. Maybe Ellis wanted to see how the horse will hold up but I doubt it. Injuries usually occur when the horse is fatigued.

Very strange.

I saw Ellis at the Oaks and wished him luck with the big horse...I wish I could bump into him right now. I have a few questions.

Kentucky Bred

Boris
05-29-2003, 10:55 PM
ATS is out of the Belmont. Quarter crack on the right front does him in. Glad the horse didn't have to shoot a flare out of his arse. Colita has also withdrawn.

Bubbles
05-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Funny Cide's connections are probably thanking the Lord right now. AWITB was, in my opinion, one of the two that could challenge FC (the other is Dynever) in the Test of Champions. And I won't accept any junk about EM after this Jersey Derby nonsense. Any similar opinions out there?

azibuck
05-30-2003, 09:23 PM
If I can check the matrix, and I'm getting $20 or close to it for a Funny Cide-Empire Maker exacta, I'll put $50 on it. And maybe $10 the other way.

The rest of them, including Dynever will be up the track. Dynever may be able to run all day, but I think he'll be so far back early he'll have to run all night too before he catches the winner.

spotwinshow
06-03-2003, 11:37 AM
My pick As scratched. I'm taking FC so I can say I picked right just in case the nutless wonder does it again!