PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Twins !

fiveouttasix
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Been a Twins fan since Harmon Killebrew ! Anyone think they have a chance vs. the Yankees? Will be tough after celebrating all night!

ghostyapper
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
This is all setup almost too perfect for the yankees. They get a tired team that they own (both in regular season and playoffs).

Twins got a rookie pitcher going tonight which has been the yankees kryptonite.

Marshall Bennett
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Yeah , as much as I dislike the Yankees , I give the Twins zero chance .

ezrabrooks
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah , as much as I dislike the Yankees , I give the Twins zero chance .

I dunno Marshall....I wrote them off about three times last night!!!

Ez

hazzardm
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Will be tough after celebrating all night!

Sometimes the nothing to lose games is when bats relax and get hot. Many a player has had career high days when suffering a mild malady. And these kids are likely beer vs. whiskey drinkers, always a little easier on the flesh :)

OTM Al
10-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Twins have a chance if they can somehow win tonight. Otherwise they will probably get swept. That was some game last night though. One of the best I've seen in some time as far as drama, but both teams had their share of mistakes.

Marshall Bennett
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Watching TBS coverage of Yankees / Twins . This is about as bad as it gets . No HD , announcers are horrible , camera action seems like that of 20 years ago . The Food channel could do a better job .

bisket
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
one thing about the twins. when everyone thinks they don't have a chance thats when they're at their best. i've been a yankee hater from birth.
go twins!!!!!

bigmack
10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I lived in Mpls back in '91 and went to a couple of WS games. That Metrodome has about as much soul as a dentist's office. LOUD? How 'bout 110 decibels plus. Homer hankies, 'buy a vowel' Hrbek, et al.

Exciting at the time, darn shame my ears are still ringing.

cj's dad
10-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Watching TBS coverage of Yankees / Twins . This is about as bad as it gets . No HD , announcers are horrible , camera action seems like that of 20 years ago . The Food channel could do a better job .

Thank God the game wasn't on TVG !!

ghostyapper
10-08-2009, 07:23 AM

Don't know if it was something with my cable but the channel kept skipping and pausing for me both in standard and hd.

How about the camera angle they went to when the dodgers had the bases loaded and the batter hit a line drive to right? On contact they switched to a camera angle I had never seen in a game before, in the righ field stands facing the outfield.

I thought they had changed to another game. :eek:

OTM Al
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Thank god I don't drink coffee or my keyboard would have got a dousing.

Marshall Bennett
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Actually I discovered the game was in fact in HD . I was on the lower end of Dish 139 . That was the only improvement .

hazzardm
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
WTBS-HD came in bright and clear in Minny. CC Sabithia(sp?) was dominating. D. Jeter, one of my all-time favorites, was a killer.

bisket
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
amen!!!!!

Bettowin
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Hope the Twins win tonight but REALLY hope the game is under 9:)