PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage to Debate Free Speech at Cambridge Union Oct. 15th!

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:08 AM
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bighollywood/2009/10/06/michael-savage-to-debate-free-speech-at-cambridge-union-oct-15th/

Excerpt:

(San Francisco, CA) Michael Savage, ’shock-jock’ author of over 25 books with a radio audience of 10 million listeners who was banned from entering the United Kingdom in May by Gordon Brown will argue against the insanity of ‘political correctness’ on Thursday, October 15 at 8:00pm GMT. Savage will appear via internet link to argue his case for freedom of speech.

Quoting Winston Churchill, who said, “You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse – a little tiny mouse! -of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic…” Savage will attempt to ’save England from a descent into mental slavery where petty bureaucrats dictate what can and cannot be discussed.” (more…)

hcap
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Andy, why don't you and a bunch of other PA off-topic Weiner aficionados make it a group excursion? Tell us all afterwards how well Weiner stacked up against Winston Churchill? George W Bush used to be compared to Churchill. I guess Weiner can follow in Bushs' shoes. But we all know how badly the Bush/Churchill analogy turned out.

Maybe Weiner/Shnitzel is more appropriate? :lol:

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Andy, why don't you and a bunch of other PA off-topic Weiner aficionados make it a group excursion? Tell us all afterwards how well Weiner stacked up against Winston Churchill? George W Bush used to be compared to Churchill. I guess Weiner can follow in Bushs' shoes. But we all know how badly the Bush/Churchill analogy turned out.

Maybe Weiner/Shnitzel is more appropriate? :lol:

When I played in Little League Der Weiner/Shnitzel gave us 2 chili dogs and a coke for each home run. I ate a lot of chili dogs! :D

Michael Savage is going over there (video feed) for you hcap and everyone else on the Board. You should be rooting for him no? :)

DJofSD
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
It's a video feed. He ain't setting foot outside the US.

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
It's a video feed. He ain't setting foot outside the US.

He is still on the list right?

DJofSD
10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
He is still on the list right?
Affirmative.

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Affirmative.

I don't listen all the time but when he goes on full tilt there is nobody more funny!

hcap
10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
When I played in Little League Der Weiner/Shnitzel gave us 2 chili dogs and a coke for each home run. I ate a lot of chili dogs! :D

Michael Savage is going over there (video feed) for you hcap and everyone else on the Board. You should be rooting for him no? :)
To misquote Lloyd Bensons' accurate putdown of Dan Quayle .....

"Weiner, you are no Winston Churchill"

Weiner/Shnitzel is in a league of his own. Good luck Andy. And I was convinced Beck was the new rightwingnut hero here. Well live and learn.
Begining to miss the glory glory hosannas to Rush. At least he jiggles his fat cells better.

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:40 AM
To misquote Lloyd Bensons' accurate putdown of Dan Quayle .....

"Weiner, you are no Winston Churchill"

Weiner/Shnitzel is in a league of his own. Good luck Andy. And I was convinced Beck was the new rightwingnut hero. Well live and learn.

The guy is going over there to do a good thing and he has a lot of guts for doing it.

Do you believe in free speech or not? Has "political correctness" gotten out of hand or not?

hcap
10-07-2009, 08:47 AM
The guy is going over there to do a good thing and he has a lot of guts for doing it.

Do you believe in free speech or not? Has "political correctness" gotten out of hand or not?There is a huge difference between free speech and stupidity.

# Savage: British women are "laying in the gutter with their legs spread open drunk at night. That's the England of today"
September 03, 2009 2:27 pm ET filed under MMtv

# Savage: Obama different from other Dems because "I didn't have doubts about where they were born, where their loyalties lie"
August 19, 2009 12:46 pm ET filed under MMtv

# Savage's sexist attack on Madeleine Albright: "ugly hag," "psycho"
October 01, 2009 2:05 pm ET filed under MMtv

# Savage claims song in school kid video is "brainwash[ing] the children into accepting Arabic names" because they say "Hussein"
September 25, 2009 11:40 am ET filed under MMtv

hcap
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
OK, you hate Obama. No biggie. You are entitled. Free speech
But I think this sums up the nonsense you are so busy posting.
Steven F. Hayward , conservative biographer of Ronald Reagan asks Is Conservatism Brain-Dead?

President Obama has done conservatives a great favor, delivering CPR to the movement with his program of government gigantism, but this resuscitation should not be confused with a return to political or intellectual health. The brain waves of the American right continue to be erratic, when they are not flat-lining.Brain dead might be an understatement

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
There is a huge difference between free speech and stupidity.

# Savage: British women are "laying in the gutter with their legs spread open drunk at night. That's the England of today"

# Savage: Obama different from other Dems because "I didn't have doubts about where they were born, where their loyalties lie"

# Savage claims song in school kid video is "brainwash[ing] the children into accepting Arabic names" because they say "Hussein"

Got it. So when Nancy Pelosi speaks stupidly on a daily basis we should what?

andymays
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
OK, you hate Obama. No biggie. You are entitled. Free speech
But I think this sums up the nonsense you are so busy posting.
Brain dead might be an understatement

We don't hate Obama we hate his policies!

hcap
10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
We don't hate Obama we hate his policies!
Maybe. Whatever. That is also ok. But after reading your endless half baked postings, the brain dead theory comes across distinctly.

Thinking Weiner/Shnitzel is a paragon of-what did you say?-free speech :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :bang: :bang: -shows a mising pre-frontal lobe.

Like Talk Show host, like sycophantic Pa off topic poster.

Tom
10-07-2009, 09:55 AM
At least he is not trying to silence talk radio and the internet and hide bills from public scrutiny.

Sorry, no time to engage in character attacks, there are real issues out there to debate and fight.

andymays
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe. Whatever. That is also ok. But after reading your endless half baked postings, the brain dead theory comes across distinctly.

Thinking Weiner/Shnitzel is a paragon of-what did you say?-free speech :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :bang: :bang: -shows a mising pre-frontal lobe.

Like Talk Show host, like sycophantic Pa off topic poster.

My endless half baked postings? Brain dead? Missing pre-frontal lobe?

How about some ethnic slurs? I have a Sicilian heritage. You can work with that can't you? Step up your game hcap. ;)

riskman
10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Savage is good theatre, with his brand of vehemence,and provocation.
I disagree with the decision by the Britain Home Office to ban Savage from entering their country. It just makes them look infantile.

Now the Brits get the chance to hear the paranoid rantings of Michael Savage.
What would you expect from a man named Savage? ( he changed his name from Weiner) Savage does have a way with words. He can babble on incoherently about being a super patriot. Just ask him. ;) He has a Ph.D. that his listeners have found out about even though he’s too modest to mention it more than a hundred times per show. Then there’s his ongoing trademark exclamation, "I can’t take it anymore"! His listeners know that he actually can, because he’s the world’s foremost independent thinker and he’s got a Ph.D. from Berkeley in nutrition or something like that. When he gets a migraine he really slips over the edge and starts screaming. Go get them Michael, this country needs a good laugh.

hcap
10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
My endless half baked postings? Brain dead? Missing pre-frontal lobe?

How about some ethnic slurs? I have a Sicilian heritage. You can work with that can't you? Step up your game hcap. ;)Brain dead is from Steven F. Hayward , conservative biographer of Ronald Reagan asking Is Conservatism Brain-Dead?

Half baked is obvious. A criticism of your postings-not you, and I will apologize for the "pre-frontal" remark. But I could not control myself reading that Weiner/Shnitzel is a paragon of-what did you say?-free speech.

Sorry but I thought you were serious. :lol: :lol:

andymays
10-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Brain dead is from Steven F. Hayward , conservative biographer of Ronald Reagan asking Is Conservatism Brain-Dead?

Half baked is obvious. A criticism of your postings-not you, and I will apologize for the "pre-frontal" remark. But I could not control myself reading that Weiner/Shnitzel is a paragon of-what did you say?-free speech.

Sorry but I thought you were serious. :lol: :lol:

No sweat hcap. Just wanted to see if you had a heart. ;)

lsbets
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Free speech means sometimes you are going to hear shit that offends you. If you think its okay to outlaw some speech because its offensive, you do not believe in free speech.

Tom
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
*****ing right!

<Edited by the Moderator>

:D

boxcar
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM

If you really believed that, you would have saved us all by taping your own mouth shut many moons ago.

Boxcar

46zilzal
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Free speech means sometimes you are going to hear shit that offends you. If you think its okay to outlaw some speech because its offensive, you do not believe in free speech.
exactly

andymays
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Cambridge cancels Savage debate

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=112207

Excerpt:

Just one week before Michael Savage was scheduled to debate via video link at the Cambridge Union in England, the co-presidents of the two-century-old society informed the top-rated radio host they have canceled the event.

As WND reported, the invitation from the Cambridge Union Society for the Oct. 15 debate was issued in July after Savage was banned from entering the United Kingdom by Prime Minister Gordon Brown's government along with Muslim extremists and leaders of hate groups.

In an e-mail today to Savage producer Beowulf Rochlen, Cambridge Union leaders Julien Domercq and Jonathan Laurence wrote, "It is with great regret to inform you of the difficult decision we have taken to cancel the event."

Domercq and Laurence pointed to problems with the cost and feasibility of setting up the necessary video link, but they also cited "legal issues."

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Domercq and Laurence pointed to problems with the cost and feasibility of setting up the necessary video link, but they also cited "legal issues."These Englishmen sure are a curious lot. What are they so afraid of? Where's robert99 when we need him? :lol:

andymays
10-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Savage Response Video - sevenload

http://en.sevenload.com/videos/1JVEOZ7-Savage-Response

toetoe
10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Tell us all afterwards how well Weiner stacked up against Winston Churchill?

You forgot to mention your support of free speech, Little One. I hereby remind you that you may mention such support.

I'm wondering how well hcap stacks up against Josef Stalin. Hmm ... gimme a minute. (:Hand on chin, gazing at ceiling.)

toetoe
10-08-2009, 12:07 PM

So he is not entitled to say these things ? Just clarifying.

toetoe
10-08-2009, 12:12 PM
he’s got a Ph.D. from Berkeley in nutrition or something like that.

I think one degree is in nutrition and another is in botany. He's not on the level of the brilliant Ameriphile Michelle Obama ( :rolleyes: ), but he does gets points for earning non-Affirmative Action (ugh!) degrees.

Tom
10-08-2009, 12:56 PM
toe, yer killin' me! :lol:

hcap
10-08-2009, 05:26 PM
You forgot to mention your support of free speech, Little One. I hereby remind you that you may mention such support.

I'm wondering how well hcap stacks up against Josef Stalin. Hmm ... gimme a minute. (:Hand on chin, gazing at ceiling.)Andy brought up Weiner/Schnitzel using the Churchill bit. I just brought up Georgie W. as the previous comparee to Winston. Gee, I seem to remember at times I may have referred to our glorious leader as "George W. Churchill". I guess that went along well with youse guys hailing our previous preznit as the second coming of Alexander the Great.

Now that I think about it toe-may I call you toe?-I wonder how well you toe, measure up to real literary types and not just the wonderful joke writers on Faux's Red Eye ??

(Btw, of which you do compare favorably. Don't let it go to your head tho').

While your at it, suggest to those same joke writers why don'tcha the following:

(:Head up butt, gazing at brain.)

Your cryptic babblings are really cryptic. But I think I got the last one correctly as that's what you really meant. Que Pasa? Toe?

hcap
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM

So he is not entitled to say these things ? Just clarifying.He can say any stupid thing he wants. As may you.

bigmack
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Bold, wow! Tell us all about this huge difference.

hcap
10-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Bold, wow! Tell us all about this huge difference.Free speech is the ability to go on and on about anything stupid. Stupidity is the ability to not notice any difference.

Tom
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Now that is funny h.....especially since Obama plagerized himself this week and never had a clue!:D

toetoe
10-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Your cryptic babblings are really cryptic.

If you mentioned the word "cryptic" just once more, I might get the gist.

So, please comment on free speech --- bedrock freedom, overblown quackery, inconvenient truth, necessary evil --- what say YOU ?

toetoe
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
He can say any stupid thing he wants. As may you.

Sorry, I just now noticed your response, for which I am grateful.

Now, would you ban someone for speech ? I like to think you would not, but maybe ... you would ? :confused:

hcap
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
When did I ever say ban him?

I really don't give a shit about Weiner/Scnitzel and his so-called free speech or lack of thereof. Yes let him say any crapola he wants, as long as I never read another post, article, or comment about him being denied his inalienable rights for the next century or 2 or 3.

cj's dad
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
The more that B-Hussein-O goes in the tank, the more inane your ramblings become -

hcap
10-09-2009, 04:40 AM
The more that B-Hussein-O goes in the tank, the more inane your ramblings become -
Speaking of crapola.

toetoe
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
When did I ever say ban him?

Okay, okay. This is something people should know about you. :ThmbUp: .