PDA

View Full Version : Icon Project

WinterTriangle
10-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Trying to get a bead on this horse.

But I get *nervous* when a trainer doesn't show clear intentions.

First he says he hates synth, so he's going to run her in Beldame, then he changes his mind (seems like owner's request) to run her at Keeneland on Oct 11 in Spinster Stakes to "see how she does on synth" for BC Ladies Classic at SA.

I guess it's a good idea to see how she does on synth. thoughts?.

lamboguy
10-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Trying to get a bead on this horse.

But I get *nervous* when a trainer doesn't show clear intentions.

First he says he hates synth, so he's going to run her in Beldame, then he changes his mind (seems like owner's request) to run her at Keeneland on Oct 11 in Spinster Stakes to "see how she does on synth" for BC Ladies Classic at SA.

I guess it's a good idea to see how she does on synth. thoughts?.andrew rosen ain't sending his horse out to a fake surface to get beat. he know's all about champions, his father carl owned a bunch of them in his day including chief's crown.

ghostyapper
10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
It's too late in the season to be experimenting on synthetics. They should have run her in the beldame and if she ran big just take their chances in the bc.

hazzardm
10-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Keep an eye on the Ginger Brew odds in the Spinster. She has been pointing to that race for some time now. ;)

11cashcall
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Personally,i think she'll do fine.btw Did'nt IP beat Sara Louise who was the only filly to beat............but is not going to this yrs. BC?

Hanover1
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
It's too late in the season to be experimenting on synthetics. They should have run her in the beldame and if she ran big just take their chances in the bc.
Races not spaced out well-if she fires, then sets up nicely off Kee effort, less lay-off time

cj
10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Hmmm...she isn't entered. Brilliant decision not to run in New York I guess.

the_fat_man
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Per Byk, she's hurt. Maybe career ending.

WinterTriangle
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Per Byk, she's hurt. Maybe career ending.
Icon Project?

the_fat_man
10-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes

WinterTriangle
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
TFM, thank you. I wanted to make sure.

I feel sick. :(

joanied
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, crap:mad: ...been busy with our fall harvest and had a few minutes now to spend here...first thread I look at turns into a bummer:faint: ...anyone know what happened to Icon Project?
She's a hell of a race mare...Winter T...I feel sick too:(

WinterTriangle
10-11-2009, 12:17 PM
the fat man,

I still have not been able to confirm this.

Only thing I found was from racing post, on Sat, : "The Spinster Stakes (javascript:void(window.open('http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=492678&r_date=2009-10-11','RP0','width=700,height=625,toolbar=0,scrollba rs=1,menubar=0,status=1,resizable=1'));) was expected to attract Icon Project, an impressive 13½-length winner of the Grade 1 Personal Ensign Stakes at Saratoga in August, but her connections have elected to train her for the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic at Santa Anita on November 6."

I can find nothing about her having a career ending injury.

Can SOMEBODY post up the deal while I wait on the edge of my seat here?

egreen
10-11-2009, 01:31 PM
The rumor I circulating at Keeneland is that she bled in a workout and the connections are keeping quiet because they don't want her put on the bleeder's list. Have no idea if this is true, but it would explain why no info is coming out.

joanied
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Huh:confused: ...I don't like mysteries like this...if anyone finds out just what's going on...please post.

FenceBored
10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
DRF has an article on her condition (bled) and status for the BC (iffy).

According to Wolfson, Icon Project bled during a workout at Calder in preparation for the Spinster.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/108069.html

WinterTriangle
10-14-2009, 07:35 PM
thanks for looking into this, FB.

What a shame, she really had a shot in BC I think dunno how this would affect

joanied
10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
It is a shame...and I hope she comes out of all this and race again...although this makes her being retired a possibility...I was counting on her to give Zenyatta a run for the mney in the Distaff...if we keep getting defections, in one form or another, in the Distaff, Z may have it her own way and win back to back.

I wish Icon Project all the luck in the world. This sucks!

FenceBored
10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Andrew Rosen announced Oct. 23 that his 4-year-old filly Icon Project, winner of the 2009 Personal Ensign Stakes (gr. I), has been retired due to a tendon injury.

-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53100/icon-project-retired-with-tendon-injury

joanied
10-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Andrew Rosen announced Oct. 23 that his 4-year-old filly Icon Project, winner of the 2009 Personal Ensign Stakes (gr. I), has been retired due to a tendon injury.

-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53100/icon-project-retired-with-tendon-injury

Guess her bleeding was BS? At any rate...this is a huge bummer...this is one good filly and would have added so much to the BC Distaff...fillies/mares keep dropping out and Zenyatta is gonna romp!

I do hope she has a good productive broodmare career, and lives a long happy life....wonder who she'll go to...maybe Curlin?
I am bummed:(

I can't wait for Monday 26th...BC pre entries come out.

Java Gold@TFT
10-24-2009, 12:14 AM
I was very saddened that it is bad enough that they won't even think about racing her next year. That's one off my list of ladies who could beat Zenyatta in the Distaff.

WinterTriangle
10-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Guess her bleeding was BS? At any rate...this is a huge bummer...this is one good filly and would have added so much to the BC Distaff...fillies/mares keep dropping out and Zenyatta is gonna romp!

I do hope she has a good productive broodmare career, and lives a long happy life....wonder who she'll go to...maybe Curlin?
I am bummed:(

I can't wait for Monday 26th...BC pre entries come out.

Joanie, I think she did bleed.......then also came up with a tendon injury....both

She was so talented!!!!

I hope I get to meet her someday even if not on the track.

joanied
10-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Winter T...maybe, actually I can't think of a reason they'd tell a falsehood...

I wonder what type tendon injury it is...since they will retire her, I assume she tore it...if so, sets her up for another injury if she continued to race...as bummed as I am, it's the right thing to do.

JavaG...I agree, with Icon Project and a few others, Zenyatta would have to really run her race...the Dustaff was looking to come up tough...now, I'm not so sure...is Seventh Street going?
Guess we'll kno come Monday...and the Moss's and Sherriff's have two days now to decide where to run the big mare...wanna take bets:D ...Distaff!! (I see Macho Again won't run in the Classic...another bummer)

nijinski
10-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Icon Project will be going to Giant,s Causeway.
Apologies if allready posted.

joanied
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Icon Project will be going to Giant,s Causeway.
Apologies if allready posted.

Good choice:ThmbUp: