PDA

View Full Version : POCONO LIVE TUES. 10/6/09

botster
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Woodbine starts up Thursday now that Mohawk has ended there meet.Pocono is the best game in town right now for me.

The "cross gaiters" have always been my "bread and butter" and we have a few tonight that may pad the profits this evening.It is imperative that we find longer one's here, were the pools are so small!

8th 7 NIGHTS FLEET is one who has a trainer/driver that "the botster" has cashed MANY BIG tickets on over the years in Jimmy Groff.Haven't seen jimmy for many years, until resurfacing again this year.Groff is an expert at selecting yearlings and may very well go down as one of the most underated horseman that have ever entered the sport.This trotter here is one that he has bred himself,starting only 28 times as a five year old, he has been brought along expertly for what could very well be a big payday for him this evening.The race two back shows the improver and last week had no chance buried behind a quitter then showing hidden trot late.Tonights drop and the GP, of whom will not give him a second look, because they are unaware of his talent, will create for me a huge overlay again for about the "umphteenth" time over the last twenty-five years.

14th 4 NORDIC LANE everytime somebody is able to make this trotter leave with force I stand up and take notice. "He just cannot leave"!, I caught him the few times he was able to this in Canada.Huff has struggled this meet ,but was able to accomplish this, and have him race well enough away from his usual routine last week.These changes in racing style, especially for a trotter always perks my interest.

Good Fortune:) .

botster
10-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Those two that ran down MY MAN BEN IN LAST are playable here IMO.Odds are the only factor here.

4 SUPER CHUCK & 7 FOGGIE LANE K

botster
10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Those two that ran down MY MAN BEN IN LAST are playable here IMO.Odds are the only factor here.

4 SUPER CHUCK & 7 FOGGIE LANE K

They are in pretty tough these higher class horses.Tough to make money with betting.I will play small w/p on both of them and box small with the #3.

botster
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
They are in pretty tough these higher class horses.Tough to make money with betting.I will play small w/p on both of them and box small with the #3.

#3 wins, but the #4 & #7 both break...the #4 trying to leave that was mainly the drivers fault there.

botster
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
2 RAPID MELODY I gave this one a chance in last, but the Fusco syndicate did not put down a bet and the horse raced well without any winning intent.Tonight a tremendous driver change to Goodell.This guy is undoubtably the best driver here at the "poke ya nose".I indicated last week this horse has never been in this cheap prior.I may take a step in here using this one.18 wins for this mare in 74 starts lifetime.

botster
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
2 RAPID MELODY I gave this one a chance in last, but the Fusco syndicate did not put down a bet and the horse raced well without any winning intent.Tonight a tremendous driver change to Goodell.This guy is undoubtably the best driver here at the "poke ya nose".I indicated last week this horse has never been in this cheap prior.I may take a step in here using this one.18 wins for this mare in 74 starts lifetime.

The money isn't right again...so small.
3-4-5-8/2 inbox.

w/p 2

lamboguy
10-06-2009, 08:18 PM
3-4-5-8/2 inbox.

w/p 2he was live as hell, he run into a buzzsaw

botster
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
3-4-5-8/2 inbox.

w/p 2

We should score on this one in her next, with some real money invested...following.

botster
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
he was live as hell, he run into a buzzsaw

Very true Lambo...Asher and Staulbaum can "make one go" almost better than anyone in the game.This result we saw here is the main cause of why this game is suffering.Staulbaum is allowed to get away with this injustice year after year, at every track he races!She was very good there and will probably win next week.

botster
10-06-2009, 08:30 PM
I will go 7/2-3-4-5-6 in a box here.

w/p bet.

firstoffclaim
10-06-2009, 08:35 PM
If you could play the ones that will break, you would be having a big night:D

botster
10-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I will go 7/2-3-4-5-6 in a box here.

w/p bet.

Never made it to the gate:ThmbDown:.He has had those problems in the past.No money here bet on him again,hard to have any faith in a horse when he has thirty dollars in the win pool at post time.HAHAHAHA!

botster
10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
If you could play the ones that will break, you would be having a big night:D

Your right...that is the way it goes.The GP hate trotting races, because of what we are seeing tonight,but the fact is the GP are almost all losers at the game.Trotting races are where the money is to be made...less "gassing" of horses,less "gas" trainers involved with them, and when they do stay flat they are just plain more consistant.

We have one more to bet some here. I believe this one will be bet with more interest than the others tonight...we shall see.

firstoffclaim
10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
It seems like very late money rules at this track

botster
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
It seems like very late money rules at this track

It does at times,but sometimes they are wrong causing overlays.You can't bet much here in the win/place pools, unless you think your going to get a good share of it with the connections at a good double digit price...plain and simple!

I hopr to be back for the fourteenth...walk time.

botster
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
3-5-6-7-9/4 BOXING.

TRI 4/3-5-6-7-9/3-5-6-7-9

WIN on #4 @ 7-2 or better.

firstoffclaim
10-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Stahlbaum/Asher again in the 13th

botster
10-06-2009, 10:09 PM
3-5-6-7-9/4 BOXING.

TRI 4/3-5-6-7-9/3-5-6-7-9

WIN on #4 @ 7-2 or better.

PURE JESSE 39-103 IN THE WIN COLUMN LIFETIME JUST GOT ALL THE MONEY.That will help the price here on the #4.

botster
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
PURE JESSE 39-103 IN THE WIN COLUMN LIFETIME JUST GOT ALL THE MONEY.That will help the price here on the #4.

He gave it a good try uncovered without leaving.The favorite prevails again.$174.00 in the win pool on him and he goes off 6-1?This game here is on life support:eek: .

Maybe tomorrow better fortune

firstoffclaim
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Good effort by the 4, uncovered vs the monster

botster
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Yonkers betting a decent EXACTA 4/2-5-6-7

Good win @ 7-2 or better on #4.

firstoffclaim
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Do you know anything about Mike Micallef, got hit hard in DD payoffs and opens at 1-5

botster
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Yonkers betting a decent EXACTA 4/2-5-6-7

Good win @ 7-2 or better on #4.

Just happen to catch my eye as I streamed over to "The Bonk".I believe this was one that "caught my eye" a few weeks back out of town.

These pools at Pocono are just too miniscule.I will have to come back to Yonkers and drop Pocono for awhile.I don't like half milers, but at least here I don't have to worry so much about putting in a hundred dollar win bet on a horse and watching one go from 12-1 to 5-2.:D

4 $13.60

botster
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Do you know anything about Mike Micallef, got hit hard in DD payoffs and opens at 1-5

He's alright...first time starter.Maybe overhyped?

botster
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
He's alright...first time starter.Maybe overhyped?

These are the type of races Tom Jackson looks like a superstar.HAHAHA!

Micalefs horse was alright there before he ran.Owners get crazy sometimes when they have one make their first start.That may have happened here.Goodnight FOTC:) .