PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi and Reid fight against posting bills online!

andymays
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Congressional-leaders-fight-against-posting-bills-online-8340658-63557217.html

Excerpt:

As Congress lurches closer to a decision on an enormous overhaul of the American health care system, pressure is mounting on legislative leaders to make the final bill available online for citizens to read before a vote.
Lawmakers were given just hours to examine the $789 billion stimulus plan, sweeping climate-change legislation and a $700 billion bailout package before final votes.

While most Americans normally ignore parliamentary detail, with health care looming, voters are suddenly paying attention. The Senate is expected to vote on a health bill in the weeks to come, representing months of work and stretching to hundreds of pages. And as of now, there is no assurance that members of the public, or even the senators themselves, will be given the chance to read the legislation before a vote.

Tom
10-06-2009, 10:20 AM
If that is not an indictment on why theses tow should be impeached, I don't know what is.

They are AFRAID to let us know what they are doing.

Time for the Tea parties to get ugly.....

boxcar
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
If that is not an indictment on why theses tow should be impeached, I don't know what is.

They are AFRAID to let us know what they are doing.

Time for the Tea parties to get ugly.....

Nothing like transparency from our public servants. :rolleyes:

You know they know the bill is bad when they have to hide it from the people.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
10-06-2009, 11:09 AM
they must go fast in order to have a chance to pass it. In order to pass something unpopular it's necessary to obfuscate and hide what you're during.

if they take the time to produce a final bill, put it online so that it can be reviewed at least for 72 hours, and then have a floor debate about it it would take weeks.

they can't afford that kind of risk because once this thing is in writing and in peoples hands, the facts of what they are doing will be apparent for all to see and the anger will rapidly set in.
I'm expecting another middle of the night ram rod session whereby they end up voting on a bill that does not even exist in final form with many sections marked "TBD" like the Cap and Trade bill that the House passed.

these people need to be removed from their offices.

Tom
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Why are we wasting our time on a Gotti trial?
The REAL mobsters are in DC, not NY.

boxcar
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
these people need to be removed from their offices.

Only if these liars and hypocrites are as evil as the capitalists against which they're always railing.

Boxcar

mostpost
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
All bills are posted at www.thomas.gov HR3200 has been online for two months. Other bills on health care were posted as soon as they were printed.
There is no indication that the final bill will not be made available long before the vote. Besides, even when a bill is online, you guys misinterpret it, lie about it, obfuscate it, and just generally exhibit a lack of knowledge about it anyway. :lol:

Tom
10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Once again, you totally miss the point of a thread.

Where is OBAMA's health plan posted?

mostpost
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm expecting another middle of the night ram rod session
Such as the one that occured during the Bush Administration, when Medicare Part D was passed. In that case the fifteen minute vote was kept open for hours while Delay twisted arms and hammered to get the votes.

Or maybe you're referring to the time when a bill was passed in a few hours with no one having a chance to read it and many people unaware of even the most important parts. I am NOT referring to the stimulus bill. I am talking about the Patriot Act.

Tom
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
The plan is that next week, Obama, Reid, and the Bitch will meet behind closed doors and get it done. Obama promised open debate on C Span, but here he has another great opportunity to show us all what a liar he really is.

Posties, are you capable of talking about anything without blaming Bush?
Is it your point that what Bush did was perfectly fines an you have no problem with it, so of course it is ok for OBama to do it now?

mostpost
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Once again, you totally miss the point of a thread.

Where is OBAMA's health plan posted?
NO, I don't miss the point. The title of the thread is "Pelosi and Reid fight against posting bills online." It is not "Obama refuses to post his Health Care Plan online."
Even the correct title of the thread does not reflect reality, because all bills are posted online already. The library of congress website, www.thomas.gov does this.

To say that Obama's plan is not posted anywhere shows that you totally miss the point.......OF THE WORLD

Anybody who has paid any attention knows what Obama'a plan is.
Not necessarily in order of importance.
1. Eliminate preexisting conditions as a reason to deny or terminate coverage.
2. Prohibit the use of a change in health status as a reason to raise premiums.
3. Provide a public option as a means of controlling costs.
4. Provide portability of coverage.
5. Permit policy holders to retain their coverage if they are happy with it.
6. Provide them an option if they are not.
7. Control costs in the medical side of the equation.

Those are the basics. The details are contained in the various bills before Congress.

BenDiesel26
10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
1. Actually, it was about a week ago that the Senate Finance Committee voted down the proposal to post the final language of their bill online along with the CBO cost analysis. Then, they lied about it and said it was because it would take close to two weeks to post it online. I know this is a lie, because I know for a fact that if I had a hard copy, I could make it a pdf in about two hours, even if it is over 1000 pages. It's an absolutely absurd excuse.

Baucus' exact words: “This probably sounds a little crazy to some people that we are voting on something before we have seen legislative language.”

2. Where is the plan Obama has set forth? You have been asked this over and over. There is not a single bill on the floor of congress that does everything you have listed. None so far are deficit neutral. WHICH BILL CURRENTLY IN CONGRESS DOES OBAMA SUPPORT?

Tom
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
NO, I don't miss the point. The title of the thread is "Pelosi and Reid fight against posting bills online." It is not "Obama refuses to post his Health Care Plan online."

Even the correct title of the thread does not reflect reality, because all bills are posted online already. The library of congress website, www.thomas.gov (http://www.thomas.gov) does this.

To say that Obama's plan is not posted anywhere shows that you totally miss the point.......OF THE WORLD

Anybody who has paid any attention knows what Obama'a plan is.
Not necessarily in order of importance.
1. Eliminate preexisting conditions as a reason to deny or terminate coverage.
2. Prohibit the use of a change in health status as a reason to raise premiums.
3. Provide a public option as a means of controlling costs.
4. Provide portability of coverage.
5. Permit policy holders to retain their coverage if they are happy with it.
6. Provide them an option if they are not.
7. Control costs in the medical side of the equation.

Those are the basics. The details are contained in the various bills before Congress.

Then give me a link to it. To say it IS posted anywhere is just plain ignorant! :lol: Post a link, Postman.

Still missing it by a mile.
No one mentioned Obama prior to your first post #7.

YOU ignored the point that they want to STOP posting the bills and threw out a mindless "ALL bills are posted here comment." So I asked Where is Obama's plan posted....it is not there. Where ALL bills are posted, according to YOU.

Then you throw out an equally mindless comment listing all the points of the Obama plan, which doesn't exist - there is NO Obama bill. Only talk. Talk is NOT a bill. But you outlined the points of it. :lol:

So you have directed me to the wrong place to find a bill that doesn't exist, but you summarized it for me. Ok, I got it now......you need to talk to zilly before you post........maybe together you can figure out what the threads are about.

mostpost
10-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Then give me a link to it. To say it IS posted anywhere is just plain ignorant! :lol: Post a link, Postman.

Still missing it by a mile.

YOU ignored the point that they want to STOP posting the bills and threw out a mindless "ALL bills are posted here comment." So I asked Where is Obama's plan posted....it is not there. Where ALL bills are posted, according to YOU.

Then you throw out an equally mindless comment listing all the points of the Obama plan, which doesn't exist - there is NO Obama bill. Only talk. Talk is NOT a bill. But you outlined the points of it. :lol:

So you have directed me to the wrong place to find a bill that doesn't exist, but you summarized it for me. Ok, I got it now......you need to talk to zilly before you post........maybe together you can figure out what the threads are about.
I outlined the points of Obama's HealthCare PLAN. I did not say it was a specfic bill which he wrote. I said that the points of the plan were included in the various bills now moving through Congress. Thus, there was no link to be posted. I gleaned the information from listening to what Obama has said repeatedly over the past several months.
If you would listen to something besides Fox News or rightie radio, you would know why the Obama administration chose not to present a ready to enact bill to Congress. The reasons go back to the early days of the Clinton administration when Hillary Clinton presented her HealthCare plan as a fait accompli, and expected iot to be passed as is. We know how well that worked out. Obama decided to let the legislative process work itself out. his belief was that everyone, including the Republicans realized how dire the situation was and would work honestly to provide the reform we needed.
BOY WAS HE GULLIBLE
YOU ignored the point that they want to STOP posting the bills and threw out a mindless "ALL bills are posted here comment."
Nothing in that statement is correct. I did not ignore the fact that YOU THINK they want to stop posting the bills. I addressed your accusation by pointing out that all bills including amendments and revisions are posted at www.Thomas.gov This was true in the past , this is true now, this will be true in the future.

IT IS TRUE that bills have been voted on and passed before they have been posted on "Thomas". The most egregious example of this was The Patriot Act. And Obama should be ashamed of himself for railroading that through....... oh wait....Obama wasn't President then; Bush was.

mostpost
10-06-2009, 11:52 PM

You are right. However your saying it that way makes it appear that I mentioned Obama in post #7.
Your correct phrasing would have been. "No one mentioned Obama prior to my (Tom's) post #8.

Lefty
10-07-2009, 01:09 AM
The major purpose was supposed to be to control costs. According to the CBO it will escalate costs. They should junk the whole idea. They're lying when they say it will reduce costs and the CBO and the american people are not swallowing this garbage.
If the purpose was really to reduce costs, they would sign on to the Republican plan. But with the dims, it's always about control and power, not actually helping anybody.

Tom
10-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Nothing in that statement is correct. I did not ignore the fact that YOU THINK they want to stop posting the bills. I addressed your accusation by pointing out that all bills including amendments and revisions are posted at www.Thomas.gov (http://www.Thomas.gov) This was true in the past , this is true now, this will be true in the future.

IT IS TRUE that bills have been voted on and passed before they have been posted on "Thomas". The most egregious example of this was The Patriot Act. And Obama should be ashamed of himself for railroading that through....... oh wait....Obama wasn't President then; Bush was.

Fromthe link in post #1:
The stimulus bill, for example, was 1,100 pages long and made available to Congress and the public just 13 hours before lawmakers voted on it.

Bush did not promise tpo post them 72 hours early. Obama did.
Try to follow along. You are killing too many threads having to pull you along.

I think you need to adjust your Flow Bee - it's cutting way too low.

Java Gold@TFT
10-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Tom, shame on you. You're letting this gem slide by without acknowledgement:

Thus, there was no link to be posted. I gleaned the information from listening to what Obama has said repeatedly over the past several months.

Mosty is just posting what he gleaned from all of the truthful statements the president makes. Things don't have to be in writing - just what he has repeatedly said over the last few months. :lol:

Tom
10-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I thought about that, but then I thought "fish in a barrel" and had a pity moment. I can't pick all the low hanging fruit. :lol: