PDA

View Full Version : The felon Indian Charlie

FenceBored
10-06-2009, 06:40 AM
The man, not the horse.

Edward Musselman, better known as the writer of the Indian Charlie tip sheet and satirical racing news circulated among horseplayers at tracks and horse sales, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of hiding money from the federal government on Friday.
-- http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20091005/NEWS01/910050364/1037/SPORTS08/Tip+sheet+writer+admits+to+hiding+money

OTM Al
10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

ezrabrooks
10-06-2009, 09:45 AM
So nothing illegal..other than depositing cash in amounts less than the fed reporting amount? Wow! That is hard to believe. I guess the moral to this story..."When you deal in cash...you had better stay in cash".

Ez

Grits
10-06-2009, 10:36 AM
These good ole' Kentucky boys are on a roll.

They're gonna, one of these days, wind up in 6 x 6 cubicles, staring through bars, with only the guy in the cell on either side of 'em to talk horses with throughout their long and lonely days.

This one's priceless, he too, like Indian Charlie, is another whiz on financial matters. The Commonwealth of Kentucky's judicial system should recognize these gentlemen as part of a growing statewide problem--ACTS OF EINSTEIN SYNDROME.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20091005/BUSINESS/910050354/1037/rss0701

Gentry pleaded guilty in 1994 in a federal district court in Kentucky to money laundering and bankruptcy fraud in a case that stemmed from his 1987 bankruptcy proceedings. An indictment alleged that he hid at least $368,000 in assets during his 1986 divorce that weren’t discovered until the bankruptcy case.

“All I did was go through a divorce and was bankrupt and hard times can hit anybody,” he said.

So, you hid or witheld (stole) assets in your divorce proceeding to safeguard against those coming hard times?

OK. But. It doesn't work that way.

This gentleman has no business training horses due to his lack of intelligence alone.:lol:

Musselman thought he was smarter than bank regulators and the IRS.

Again.:lol:

Doc
10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I always thought he was a no-talent clown who published that newsletter of his just to get back at people he didn't like. Tough luck, Charlie. :ThmbUp:

sandpit
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I always thought he was a no-talent clown who published that newsletter of his just to get back at people he didn't like. Tough luck, Charlie. :ThmbUp:

Right on target...this is a classic case of "what goes around, comes around". I'm sure all the people he's picked on over the years are having a good laugh today. :D

toetoe
10-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I saw some talent. I haven't seen the column in years, but it was always okay, and sometimes hilarious.

I love the idea of an alternative to the classic ( :rolleyes: ) Joe Hirsch style of upsucking to the horsy set --- a very cranky, rulebending bunch itself.

macdiarmida
10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
IC took a lot of cheap shots but he was right on with much of his criticism, most recently the Squires (writer of "Headless Horseman") pieces. If he put IC out in the 60s, he would have been found dead somewhere after about six months.

So like all Kentucky money dealings, where'd the money come from? Pick 6? It's already been reported and withholding removed, so it's likely not that. Offshore account cashout is possible, though. IC business can't be all that good. And the money was largely gone from the account after about a year. So where'd the money go? And did it actually belong to Musselman? Questions, questions.

toetoe
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
(writer of "Headless Horseman")

Is that the breeder of Monarchos ? The same Squires ?

FenceBored
10-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Is that the breeder of Monarchos ? The same Squires ?

Yup.

macdiarmida
10-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Don't know where the money came from, but probably worst of all , he says it went to pay the IRS:
http://www.indiancharlie.com/newsletter.html

You may now laugh or cry. . .