PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen.....

TurfRuler
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Last year I entered Oaktree’s Survivor contest. On the first day I played Rebellion in the Morvich Handicap. He came in fourth and I was eliminated. I wasn’t the only one. Disappointed is not the word to describe how I felt not getting a placement in the money to survive the first day of the contest. I took it in stride knowing the next year I could play again. Three months later I checked my e-mail address where I listed my contact information and found out that they had a 2nd Survivor contest.

Living in purgatory is hell.

This year I entered Survivor and survived the first day by playing Century City. He won and I was eligible to continue the next day. Was I prepared? I had set aside the whole day to handicap and make my play. When I arrived at the university where I can get computer access I found out that I could not print copies until 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm. Was I worried? No. I was not worried because I could choose any race to make my play. Santa Anita is on the West Cost and I live on the East Coast. I got my prints about 4:14 EST and chose the races to handicap. Now get this I viewed the contest race at Santa Anita which was the Norfolk Stakes and made a pick with out handicapping at 3 o’clock. It Tiz was my selection because of the odds and who knows in a 2 year old race. After handicapping the four races I picked to choose for the Survivor contest I was ready to play. Entering the website I was informed that no more selections would be accepted for the day. I glanced at the rules, I played last year for one day, and I was excited about continuing in the game. But I did not remember, I was blinded, I live in purgatory….that you had to make your selections ten minutes before the first post at 1:00 o’clock West Coast time.

Whether I chose It Tiz or Crisis of Spirit or Indiara or Blind Luck or Always A Princess or Softly Singing or even Looking At Lucky…Alfarabi…Gallant Gent…John Scott….Jung Man Scott….was MOOT at this point. The time was 5:49 Eastern Standard Time.

illinoisbred
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
You can have another chance. Hawthorne has a survivor contest starting this Saturday. Go to their website to register.

illinoisbred
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Almost made your trouble worse, the contest begins friday-250.000 prize

andymays
10-05-2009, 11:11 AM
YouTube - Louis Armstrong - Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen (1962)

This could be the Horseplayers anthem. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVKKRzemX_w

It goes with the territory! Keep punching and always answer the bell! :ThmbUp:

hazzardm
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
A troubled side note: Gio Ponti would have got me my first pick6

TurfRuler
10-06-2009, 10:32 AM
A troubled side note: Gio Ponti would have got me my first pick6

Results 10-03-09 at Belmont.

$2 Pick 6 (2-4-3-2-3-ALL) 5 Correct Paid $46.80 Pick 6 Pool

$2 Pick 6 (2-4-3-2-3-ALL) 6 Correct Paid $190,949.00 Pick 6 Pool $304,514

I was going to say that I hoped you at least had five multiple times, but never mind, what a bummer....

TurfRuler
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
You can have another chance. Hawthorne has a survivor contest starting this Saturday. Go to their website to register.

Thanks illinois, I've entered and just think I would have missed the chance for $250,000 if you had not read about my trouble..... :)

11cashcall
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Now you see, i knew there was something i forgot to do this past wk.ed :bang:

illinoisbred
10-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks illinois, I've entered and just think I would have missed the chance for $250,000 if you had not read about my trouble..... :)
Remember, it starts FRIDAY.