PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at Lucky

SoCalCircuit
10-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Looks like Baffert has another good one. This horse seems to always get the job done. Whats everyones thoughts on this guy so far?

Imriledup
10-05-2009, 06:03 AM
I keep betting against him and he keeps beating me.

I'm hoping he's off the board at 3-5 before i run out of money.

He's aptly named.

Java Gold@TFT
10-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Will definitely be the BC Juvy favorite. We'll have to see what happens this weekend at Keeneland to see how heavily he'll be favored. Baffert says he has a bad habit of waiting on horses to come to him. He's not saying it has hurt him so far but more like something he's keeping an eye on. It's always hard to guess the quality of the field he was in but he ran a solid race and there won't be distance doubts on Nov 7th.

hazzardm
10-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Snipped from BH:

Today the three-eighths pole, I couldn’t tell if he was running or not. (Gomez) was just sitting there on him and all of a sudden he pushed the button and he took off," Baffert noted. "He’s a pretty exciting horse. I’m becoming a big fan of his now, watching him run. He’s got power steering. He’s not one dimensional, which is so great because you don’t have to worry about track condition or speed.

"He has got something different than my other ones have ever had, so it’s pretty exciting.”

If 7-5 is there on BC Day, may be worth the price.

redshift1
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Will definitely be the BC Juvy favorite. We'll have to see what happens this weekend at Keeneland to see how heavily he'll be favored. Baffert says he has a bad habit of waiting on horses to come to him. He's not saying it has hurt him so far but more like something he's keeping an eye on. It's always hard to guess the quality of the field he was in but he ran a solid race and there won't be distance doubts on Nov 7th.

There are still some 2yr old races to go, D'Funnybone and Dublin could end up favorites if they run a big prep race.

Java Gold@TFT
10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
There are still some 2yr old races to go, D'Funnybone and Dublin could end up favorites if they run a big prep race.
That's part of why I said that it will be determined at Keeneland this weekend as far as favoritism and by how much. Neither Lukas nor Dutrow really want to run on polycrap but they feel their hands are forced. Lucky will be favored no matter what, it's just a matter of 6-5 or 5-2. Win at the distance over the track, staying at home, training all year on the track with the challengers making big changes? Not saying he'll win - just he is already the established favorite.