PDA

View Full Version : "US No Longer A Super Power"

Snag
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
According to Katrina venden Huevel of the The Nation, the US is no longer a super power.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8747101

Watch at -7:41 of This Week with George when this B has the gall to do another put down of the nation that she lives in.

Why does the libs and the left feel compelled to put down the US like Obama? Does it make them feel better or is there a motive here?

boxcar
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
According to Katrina venden Huevel of the The Nation, the US is no longer a super power.

Watch at -7:41 of This Week with George when this B has the gall to do another put down of the nation that she lives in.

Why does the libs and the left feel compelled to put down the US like Obama? Does it make them feel better or is there a motive here?

What would we expect after those two Marxists sat under Jeremiah Wright for nearly 20 years, listening to his Hate America Sermons? I'd say it rubbed off really well.

Boxcar

mostpost
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM

It is incorrect to say that that the United States is no longer a superpower. But it is correct to question if that fact has any bearing on our influence in the world. Suggesting that the United States needs to cooperate with other nations recognizes that we are powerful, but not all powerful.
Being the bully of the world did not work very well for George Bush. After 9-11 we were faced with a terrorist enemy hiding in Afganistan. After tryng to bully the world into attacking Iraq; after insulting and dengrating anyone who did not share our vision of how to fight the was on terrorism; after ignoring all attempts at diplomacy, where do we find ourselves now? We find ourselves facing a terrorist enemy in Afghanistan AND PAKISTAN. We find ourselves trying to maintain a tenuous hold in Iraq. We will probably have to stay there 50 years to maintain the status quo.
Being a superpower is one thing, recognizing the limits of that fact is quite another.

mostpost
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
What would we expect after those two Marxists sat under Jeremiah Wright for nearly 20 years, listening to his Hate America Sermons? I'd say it rubbed off really well.

Boxcar
It has nothing to do with "Hate America". or any other nonsense you might come up with. It has to do with living in a world with others and realizing that their opinions count as much as ours.

Snag
10-04-2009, 10:15 PM
It is incorrect to say that that the United States is no longer a superpower. But it is correct to question if that fact has any bearing on our influence in the world. Suggesting that the United States needs to cooperate with other nations recognizes that we are powerful, but not all powerful.
Being the bully of the world did not work very well for George Bush. After 9-11 we were faced with a terrorist enemy hiding in Afganistan. After tryng to bully the world into attacking Iraq; after insulting and dengrating anyone who did not share our vision of how to fight the was on terrorism; after ignoring all attempts at diplomacy, where do we find ourselves now? We find ourselves facing a terrorist enemy in Afghanistan AND PAKISTAN. We find ourselves trying to maintain a tenuous hold in Iraq. We will probably have to stay there 50 years to maintain the status quo.
Being a superpower is one thing, recognizing the limits of that fact is quite another.

Most, you continue to spin what she said.

I heard it and believe that she firmly wants the USA to be less than a Super Power.

You want to continue to blame Presiden Bush for everything. She wants to put us down. I reject each of your positions.

JustRalph
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
It has nothing to do with "Hate America". or any other nonsense you might come up with. It has to do with living in a world with others and realizing that their opinions count as much as ours.

no they don't. You think that the Despot's and Leaders of African Countries that starve their people should carry the same weight? You think Chinese leaders who run secret prisons that hold thousands of political prisoners carry the same weight? How about Iamadinnerjacket? Kim Jong IlL?

Get real.......they don't have the moral ground to stand on...........

and that is why you are wrong.........and a liberal. You don't get it. You don't believe in right and wrong.....you believe in moral relativism. You refuse to judge others on positions of right and wrong.......you rationalize actions based on perceived cultural bias and provide excuses for those of your own ilk.........no matter the crime/offense or stupidity.

Tom
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
What planet are you from, postie?

mostpost
10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Snag]Most, you continue to spin what she said.

I heard it and believe that she firmly wants the USA to be less than a Super Power.

You want to continue to blame Presiden Bush for everything. She wants to put us down. I reject each of your positions.[/QUOTE

The difference between you and KVH is that she recognizes a changing world, while you, like most conservatives clings to an outdated reality. As I said before, the fact that we still maintain the most military power is really not important unless we want to kill everybody to get our way. And even then we wouldn't. A realistic appraisal of a situation is not unpatriotic; it is sensible.
We still have power. Whether we use it to negotiate and sustain a favorable outcome or to play whack a mole with the terrorists will show how mature we are as a nation.

mostpost
10-04-2009, 11:33 PM
no they don't. You think that the Despot's and Leaders of African Countries that starve their people should carry the same weight? You think Chinese leaders who run secret prisons that hold thousands of political prisoners carry the same weight? How about Iamadinnerjacket? Kim Jong IlL?

Get real.......they don't have the moral ground to stand on...........

and that is why you are wrong.........and a liberal. You don't get it. You don't believe in right and wrong.....you believe in moral relativism. You refuse to judge others on positions of right and wrong.......you rationalize actions based on perceived cultural bias and provide excuses for those of your own ilk.........no matter the crime/offense or stupidity.
In the perfect world, the merits of an opinion could be judged relative to the behavior of it's owner. But it doesn't really matter. We do not have the power, short of genocide, to force others to our will. No one is suggesting that.

But, I was not just referring to Tyrants and despots. Much of our policy vis a vis the rest of the world was criticised by nations with democratic governments. I'm guessing you feel they have no right to criticize either since they are "Not American".

To say that I don't believe in right or wrong is just foolish. Starving people is wrong. Killing civilians is wrong. The attacks on the WTC and Pentagon were wrong. The Oklahoma City Bombing was wrong. But the fact that those things (and others) were wrong, does not make right things like torture and by passing Constitutional Rights.

And yes there is moral relativism. Otherwise, we would not be able to conduct wars. And you wouldn't be able to tell your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress. ;) as I am sure she doesn't.

mostpost
10-04-2009, 11:49 PM
What planet are you from, postie?
Third Rock From The Sun. Yes, there is intelligent life here. And a fascinating indigenous species, which while exhibiting high intelligence in many areas, is absolutely clueless in politics and economics. We have named them Conservatives. :lol:

Tom
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Tell us, oh enlightened one...

1. Who used to hate us and how did that hurt us?
2. Who now likes us and how has it helped us?

46zilzal
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Thuggery wise (big army sticikng their nose into everyone's business) but economically that source is correct.

boxcar
10-05-2009, 11:38 AM

The "nonsense" of which you speak is all the anti-American hate speech that spewed from Wright's mouth to BO's ears and eventually to his heart for 20 years. And we're supposed to believe that that kind of "preaching" would have no effect? No impact? Methinks Jeremiah Wright would beg to differ with you. What was he doing? Spinning his wheels all those years?

Boxcar

Tom
10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by mostpost

Tell that to the founding Fathers.....their opinions on freedom should have been tempered with the prevailing oppressive nature of all of Europe?
Our opinion is equal to that of Iran? Poland? Libya? Pakistan?

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2009, 03:20 PM
We find ourselves trying to maintain a tenuous hold in Iraq.Wow, it must have killed you even to type that...:lol:

I suppose "tenuous hold" is better than the disastrous "all out civil war" that the left of this board predicted was a virtual certainty only a scant couple of years ago...

mostpost
10-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Wow, it must have killed you even to type that...:lol:

I suppose "tenuous hold" is better than the disastrous "all out civil war" that the left of this board predicted was a virtual certainty only a scant couple of years ago...
And what do you think is going to happen when we leave there?

mostpost
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Tell us, oh enlightened one...

1. Who used to hate us and how did that hurt us?
2. Who now likes us and how has it helped us?

1. It hurt us because it forced us to spend money on defense and military which could have been spent in other ways. Even if we didn't spend it on helping people ('cause I know how much you hate to help your fellow man) we could have used it to fix our roads and bridges, to improve our rail system, to upgrade our electrical grid, to establish flood control measures and any number of other things.

2. More people like us now than 10 months ago because we have begun to treat others as our equals and not as chattel in an American Empire. If you can't figure out how that benefits us, you are to be pitied.

ddog
10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, it must have killed you even to type that...:lol:

They already had a pretty good facsimile of an all out civil war.

it still is.

Nothing has been solved. Bandaids were applied for now.

Snag
10-05-2009, 05:24 PM

most, the rest of the world sure as hell love to "count" our money when we gave it to them. I can't think of one time another country refused to take our money when it was offered. Can you? That's how much they hate us.

ddog
10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
sorry, we are a debtor nation.

They are supporting us.

We are taking their money.

I don't think hate is correct, contempt may be better.

A dealer doesn't hate his junkie.

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2009, 07:27 PM
1. It hurt us because it forced us to spend money on defense and military which could have been spent in other ways. Even if we didn't spend it on helping people ('cause I know how much you hate to help your fellow man) we could have used it to fix our roads and bridges, to improve our rail system, to upgrade our electrical grid, to establish flood control measures and any number of other things.

2. More people like us now than 10 months ago because we have begun to treat others as our equals and not as chattel in an American Empire. If you can't figure out how that benefits us, you are to be pitied.You didn't really answer the questions. Just thought I'd point that out...

ArlJim78
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
2. More people like us now than 10 months ago because we have begun to treat others as our equals and not as chattel in an American Empire. If you can't figure out how that benefits us, you are to be pitied.
can you give any specifics as to how we are treating countries differently and where do you get your data to show that more people like us now?

I can list some differences and none of them benefit us, so I'm curious what you're talking about. All I can think of is that you think when Obama apologizes for the US and says no nation should be above others, that we benefit. however these things weaken the US so there is no benefit. We're feared less and respected less. We're a laughingstock doormat to the world. Ask out allies (Great Britain, France, Israel, Poland, Honduras) who is benefitting from Obama's new supine apologetic vision of American.

bigmack
10-05-2009, 09:51 PM
You didn't really answer the questions. Just thought I'd point that out...
'Didn't really' is a vast understatement.

Q: Who used to hate us and how did that hurt us?
A: It hurt us because it forced us to spend money on defense and military which could have been spent in other ways. Even if we didn't spend it on helping people ('cause I know how much you hate to help your fellow man) we could have used it to fix our roads and bridges, to improve our rail system, to upgrade our electrical grid, to establish flood control measures and any number of other things.

Q: Who now likes us and how has it helped us?
A: More people like us now than 10 months ago because we have begun to treat others as our equals and not as chattel in an American Empire. If you can't figure out how that benefits us, you are to be pitied.

Pity to you Tom. Any idea how this guy figures we've benefited?

Tom
10-06-2009, 07:56 AM
You didn't really answer the questions. Just thought I'd point that out...

:lol: That's what I was thinking! Slippery, isn't he? Could he be Bill Clinton?

Pell Mell
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM

Do you really think that money spent on defense might have been spent on some worthwhile projects. Any surplus in the budget is just more feed for the pigs in DC and their pork projects.

Reminds me of how the downtrodden always cried about sending people off into space when people are starving. Do they really think that if there were no space exploration that the money would be used to feed the poor?

Get Real! :bang:

JustRalph
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
These other countries like us so much..........maybe they will give us the Olympics?

Tom
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Guess who gets the Gold Medal for....shuckin' and jivin'?