PDA

View Full Version : Interpretation

MickJ26
10-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I didn't notice this until I got home last night and watched the NYRA replay show, but, as Gio Ponti begins to open up on Interpretation, Interpreatation stumbles slightly, is able to change leads and re-rallies past Gio Ponti! As they cross the wire, Robby Albarado is almost hanging on around his neck. Tom Durkin is stunned that Interpretation came back to win.

FantasticDan
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
His name is actually spelled Interpatation.. phonetics! :D

That was a truly amazing stretch run. Like you say, he looked like he stepped in a deep puddle and almost fell on his face down the stretch. I know he had the rail and an easy pace, but to still run down Gio Ponti after giving up the lead was very impressive.

Interpatation has always been one of my big longshot horses. I've put down quite a few win fliers on him the last couple years (hoping he'd regain the form of his better career efforts), and he's always disappointed me. I saw he was running yesterday, and dismissed the temptation to bet on him again.

Typical. :bang:

MickJ26
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry about the name.
Yes, if he doesn't take that bad step, then he probably doesn't change leads, and Gio Ponti cruises home by three or four. Not only does he wind up still upright, he winds up on his fresh lead. If that's not fate, then I don't know what is. Naturally, on my big pick four ticket, I had everybody in the race covered, except him.

Stevie Belmont
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
They went 1:49 for the mile. This was still a stunner anyway you look at it. And I looked real hard. Durkin was in a state of shock as well.

tucker6
10-06-2009, 10:03 AM
They went 1:49 for the mile. This was still a stunner anyway you look at it. And I looked real hard. Durkin was in a state of shock as well.
1:49?? Holy moly that might be the slowest mile I've ever seen.

Stevie Belmont
10-06-2009, 10:40 AM
1:48.79

Niko
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Interpatation has always been one of my big longshot horses. I've put down quite a few win fliers on him the last couple years (hoping he'd regain the form of his better career efforts), and he's always disappointed me. I saw he was running yesterday, and dismissed the temptation to bet on him again.

Typical. :bang:

I'm with you on that one.....I've bet him a handful of times. I guess it took a really slow weird race to get it done.