PDA

View Full Version : Win and You're In - Belmont

Java Gold@TFT
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Anyone know the answer to this -

Belmont has 2 "Win and you're in" BC races today for the BC Juvenile Turf and BC Juvenile Fillies Turf. Both races are off the turf today due to yesterday's storms. Is the BC still going to honor their commitment or did they put some kind of restriction in the deal that the races had to be run on the turf?

BTW, I think both the BC juvy turf races in question and the "Win and you're in" program are both very bogus.

illinoisbred
10-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Without trying to sound like a smartass-what 2 yr. old turf race isn't bogus?Rarely do they seem to indicate a horses preference for surface.

tucker6
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone know the answer to this -

Belmont has 2 "Win and you're in" BC races today for the BC Juvenile Turf and BC Juvenile Fillies Turf. Both races are off the turf today due to yesterday's storms. Is the BC still going to honor their commitment or did they put some kind of restriction in the deal that the races had to be run on the turf?

BTW, I think both the BC juvy turf races in question and the "Win and you're in" program are both very bogus.
As is the KD program. Very bogus. One horse's body of work in a given year should not be lowered to the level of another horse that could only perform on one day in one race. Everybody knows well in advance what the criteria is for getting into the Kentucky Derby. There's no excuse for not being able to get in the "natural" way. To me, injury is not an excuse. You win some and you lose some.

Java Gold@TFT
10-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Guys, I'm not arguing that the new "division" isn't bogus, I'm just asking an honest question if the races still count.

illinoisbred
10-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing they do.

MickJ26
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Guys, I'm not arguing that the new "division" isn't bogus, I'm just asking an honest question if the races still count.

In Dave Grening's column in drf.com, he mentions these are no longer "win and you're in" races if they're off the turf.